It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green: Obama is a victim of Bush's failed promises,

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Look at GW's deficit record, his last years budget, 2009, was over a $trillion dollars.

If GW's policies had been left in place, following the trend of GW's deficit spending, we would have $10T annual deficits and somewhere around $30T in national debt.

Obama cut deficit spending, Obama's first budget was the 2010 budget, Conservative liars prefer to pretend this isn't true.

Employment is slowly starting to turn around, Illegal immigration has been put in check, more deportations than any time in U.S. history, we have pulled out of Iraq, and are on schedule to pull out of Afghanistan.

The job market is slowly starting to turn around.

Considering how bad things were when Obama took over, they are far better now.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
you can use the predecessor argument for 2 years imho

after that, it's all on you baby

this is the wrong way to counter romney's attacks on 2009

he needs to just focus on the future, and how to keep that fox away from the chicken coop

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Since the Dem are coming up on owning 12 years out of the last 20 could they not have fixed some of it, or is it all Bush's fault still....lol

You're gonna have to break down that math for me. We have not had a dem-controlled congress in 2 years; GWB had the trifecta of power for, what was it, 4 years? Clinton went out on a rep-controlled congress.... Please expound upon your formula.

Even if we all agree Bush sucked I see things getting exponentially worst though and that is all on Obama's watch.

I totally agree. No argument from me there; I'm not here to make Obama out to look like the right choice this fall. All I'm pointing out is that there is NO choice this fall, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be. Playing the blame game is just a distraction from this.
edit on 28-4-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Romney will just be a continuation of the failed policies of the Bush admin that destroyed our economy, and lead to $T annual deficits.

At least Obama is doing something about immigration. Obama is also starting to address the trade problems and human rights abuses of China.

If we could get a DNC ran House, we might realistically be heading towards prosperity, like under Clinton, who succeeded in reviving our economy for the first time in decades.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Romney will just be a continuation of the failed policies of the Bush admin that destroyed our economy, and lead to $T annual deficits.

And Obama will just be a continuation of the Fed policies that have gotten us into this mess and failed to create the prosperity the bailouts were supposed to protect.

At least Obama is doing something about immigration. Obama is also starting to address the trade problems and human rights abuses of China.

What, exactly, has he done about these things? Like, actual effective action----what has he done to "address" immigration and trade deficits, let alone human rights abuses in China?

If we could get a DNC ran House, we might realistically be heading towards prosperity,

We had one his first two years; we got very little done because the dems let the filibuster threat stop legislation without actually making anyone do the work of filibustering. They laid down and rolled over, remember?

like under Clinton, who succeeded in reviving our economy for the first time in decades.

And did so under a Republican-controlled congress. Working *together*.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join