It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon, the Earth, & The Cambrian explosion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this, mods please move if in wrong forum.
Most of what I write here came from a vid, I'll include it as soon as I can locate it again.

Is the moon an incubator?

Most scientist agree that the moon is made of material that came from the earth. How this happened is up for debate.
The moons orbit around the earth is considered to be very odd given its size and weight therefore many believe the moon was put in its orbit by aliens.

Because the moon is so big and its orbit so close it affects the earth in many ways. We all know the affect it has on our oceans.
The moon also affects the earths crust by pulling at it just like it does with the oceans.

Now lets travell back to before the cambrian explosion when the earth only contained a very basic soup of primitive life. It was in this non changing state for a very long time.

Then suddenly we had what is known as the cambrian explosion when a vast number of new life forms evolved. This explosion of life has puzzled many people because they cannot explain how so much could have evolved so quickly.

Enter the moon.
If the moon had suddenly been placed into orbit it would start sloshing the oceans about, it would have started pulling at the earths crust, basicaly it was like introducing a food mixer to the soup that had been static for millions/billions of years.

Could the moon be the cause of the Cambrian explosion?
For me this seems very likely. This brings me back to the moons strange orbit and the fact that its made from material from the earth. Could it be that an alien race may be traveling the universe placing incubaters around suitable planets knowing that it will stir up the planets surface leading to life?

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Doubtful. Supposedly the moon was created 500 million years after the earth formed, and a giant impact from a mars sized body hit the earth and imbedded itself in the center of what remained of the planet. I don't think the moon had anything to do with it. If anything the chemical compositions started it all. According to some scientists the first actual type of life was methane based before oxygen was present.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

A friend on another site was recently asking the question "Who built the moon?" Apparantly its origin is still unknown, and even the best guesses have major holes in them. Maybe this thread can also include discussion of this topic.

As for the moon assisting the Camb. explosion, of course, any mixing of the water and other factors, as well as the light involved in increasing the need for the formation of optimum eyes, can only help and not hurt the emergence of new lifeforms.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I wish I could find the vid where I got this idea. It explained it better than I can.

Supposedly the material on the moon does not support the idea that it got there because of an impact, it looks more like it was dragged from the earth. An impact would melt much of the material but that is not what is found on the moon.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

S&F for the interesting thoughts. It's very possible. In fact, I've read from a couple of sources where the moon is credited with helping life grow, advance and evolve on Earth. If you haven't read, "WHO BUILT THE MOON," it's worth looking into. They cover many of the anomalous facts about the moon.

The moon serves as a planetary "shield" for us, taking some impacts that would have done Earth major damage. The moon helps with our changing cycles, as you suggest; it stirs things up down here.

The moon is also probably NOT created from a planet-sized impact. The models, although presented as "law," or merely theories, and what they don't tell us is that they are far from conclusive. They are good "guesses." What isn't told is that we really don't know how the moon got where it is. By all rights, as the authors of "Who Built the Moon" suggest, it frankly should not be there. In Jim Marr's book, coincidentally entitled, "Above Top Secret," he states that the biggest UFO in our sky is The Moon. It shouldn't be there. But, yet... There it is.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Who is the auther of Who Built the Moon, it sounds very similar to to the vid that I watched, it too made many of the comments you have just made.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
As i said in the other thread, the Moon was created from the material the ET terraformers removed to allow for the oceans which would eventually allow for life here in this critter zone around the Sun. Really nothing remarkable about that when you grant them god-like powers....

So we can further move that episode into human history and and see that they came back to budding civilizations and bragged about their endeavor. Then somebody wrote a book about it but got some of the facts of the matter wrong.. I forget the name of that book but it was popular for awhile.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The material the moon was made out of wouldn't have stayed melted, the cold of space is like 370 degrees below zero, with no atmopshere out there, there wouldn't have been anything to melt the debris hitting the newly formed moon. I'm no astrophysicist but the videos i have seen from history channels "the Universe" and "Known Universe" series, it seems to indicate the giant impact theory is plausible.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by GhostLancer

Who is the auther of Who Built the Moon, it sounds very similar to to the vid that I watched, it too made many of the comments you have just made.

Alan Butler & Christopher Knight...
Here's a link: www.amazon.com...
The fact that a used copy of this book is still $10.25 on Amazon.com says a lot about its quality. --Usually, used copies of books often sell for a penny - $4.00; you can get them at a STEAL. This book is several years old and the price is still somewhat commanding. --It means that more people are still purchasing the book and not re-selling (i.e. keeping it in their personal reference librarires).

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Not sure where to put this, mods please move if in wrong forum.
Most of what I write here came from a vid, I'll include it as soon as I can locate it again.

Is the moon an incubator?

Most scientist agree that the moon is made of material that came from the earth. How this happened is up for debate.

Very true, scientific analysis of the rocks proves the Earth and the Moon have a common origin.

The moons orbit around the earth is considered to be very odd given its size and weight therefore many believe the moon was put in its orbit by aliens.

Um, proof it is considered odd please, who considers it odd, I don't, scientists don't? Define many, many who, scientists? No. Your previous point showing the Moon comes from the Earth proves this untrue.

Then suddenly we had what is known as the cambrian explosion when a vast number of new life forms evolved. This explosion of life has puzzled many people because they cannot explain how so much could have evolved so quickly.

Enter the moon.
If the moon had suddenly been placed into orbit it would start sloshing the oceans about, it would have started pulling at the earths crust, basicaly it was like introducing a food mixer to the soup that had been static for millions/billions of years.

Could the moon be the cause of the Cambrian explosion?

No, the age of the moon is well established. It is roughly the same age as the Earth, and far, far older than the Cambrian period.

For me this seems very likely.

Why, it's scientifically proven false.

This brings me back to the moons strange orbit and the fact that its made from material from the earth. Could it be that an alien race may be traveling the universe placing incubaters around suitable planets knowing that it will stir up the planets surface leading to life?

What are your thoughts on this?

My thought is that it flies in the face of every shred of evidence we have.
edit on 28-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There are two theorys that come to mind.

1. Would be a collision of a large rouge planet with a planet that existed between Jupiter and Mars and was destroyed, what was left was the current asteroid belt, and the moon could have belonged to either planet and during the collision earths magnetic field could have aquired the new moon. Either or both planets could have held water, the collision would have released the water in space. If and when that water/ ice reached earths atmosphere,
there would be rain, flooding and a cooling of the planet.

2. Again , a rouge planet with a stronger magnetic field stronger than earths could have passed close enough to tear a piece of earth away, creating the Pacific ocean and creating the moon.
Running two magnets close enough together without touching dose cause an affect to both , the small and weaker one is the loser, the bigger more powerful one may slow down and even change course.
edit on 28-4-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join