It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribute Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

From: ***@aol.com [mailto:***@aol.com] Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 5:32 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Simple Request

Dear Public Affairs Officer:

If possible can this be relayed to a Navy, Air Force or Army or Marine unit in the Gulf Region. A simple request from a Vietnam Veteran and Retired New York City Police Department Sergeant who lost his son on 911 at the WTC. Simply to have his son's name put on one of the munitions (bomb, missile, artillery shell) that will be used on the war on terrorism including Iraq. His son's name was Jason Sekzer, the father is Wilton A. Sekzer and can be reached at ***@aol.com.

Thank you.

Gary Gorman Retired Police Officer NYPD ESS#1 Brooklyn, NY 11214

From: Franzoni, LCDR Stephen J. Sent: March 17,2003 13:10 To: Compton, LtCol Martin B. (PKI) Subject: FW: Simple Request

Now here is a request I wish we could see through!

LCDR Stephen J. Franzoni CENTCOM Web Developer

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

From: Compton, LtCol Martin B. (PKI) Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 5:01 PM To: Franzoni, LCDR Stephen J. Subject: RE: Simple Request

Forward to Thomas and Alderson.

Martin B. Compton Lt Col, USAF Public Affairs

From: Franzoni, LCDR Stephen J. [mailto:***@centcom.mil] Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 6:19 PM To: 'COL Rick Thomas (***@kuwait.army.mil)'; '***@cusnc.navy.mil' Subject: FW: Simple Request

Sirs,

Normally we do not take personal requests, but I think this one is worth doing. I appreciate your help and thank you in advance for any assistance you could provide.

V/R

LCDR Stephen J. Franzoni CENTCOM Web Developer

From: Nyhart Maj Jeffrey Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:40 AM To: Johnson Maj Thomas V Subject: FW: Simple Request

TV,

Your call below. Son died on 9/11 - wants to know if we could put name on bomb. May be worth a picture and sent email. Let me know if you can do it.

From: Johnson Maj Thomas V Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 7:42 PM To: Boehm Maj Joseph R Cc: Nyhart Maj Jeffrey; Napper Sgt William A; Nuntavong Sgt Chanin; DiDomenico SSgt John C Subject: FW: Simple Request

Joe, fairly easy, don't you think? Could get one of my guys to snap the picture. Please advise when you have a moment. Thanks.

TV

From: Boehm Maj Joseph R Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 3:15 AM To: Johnson Maj Thomas V Cc: Nyhart Maj Jeffrey; Napper Sgt William A; Nuntavong Sgt Chanin; DiDomenico SSgt John C; Reynolds LtCol Shaugnessy A Subject: RE: Simple Request

Can do.

Semper Fi Major Joe Boehm

From: DiDomenico SSgt John C Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 6:23 PM To: Boehm Maj Joseph R Subject: RE: Simple Request

Sir:

Was wondering if you got the photos?

R/S and Semper Fi! SSgt. DiDomenico

From: Boehm Maj Joseph R [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 4:50 AM To: DiDomenico SSgt John C; Johnson Maj Thomas V Cc: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: RE: Simple Request

TV, SSGT,

Attached from yesterday. Hope this is satisfactory. Sorry for the delay but business is booming. The weapons don't stay still long enough to write on them. For the record: The weapon this tribute was written on is a 2000 pound, Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) GPS guided bomb. It's big, it's ugly and it's always lethal, just like we love them. It was dropped on the night of 1 April 03 against targets located east of Baghdad. The targets were associated with the Al Nida division of the Republican Guard. A United States Marine Corps F/A-18D based in Kuwait flew the mission. The mission and the weapon were 100% successful. Let me know if there is any more I can do. It's my honor and pleasure. Regards.

Semper Fi Major Joe Boehm

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
*drinking in the irony*

wow, its amazing that the tribute to the death of one human being is displayed on a weapon capable of destroying about 500 human beings.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
sry double post

[edit on 28-9-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
and what has the Al Nida division of the Republican Guard to do with 9/11?

In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior. Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomashi
and what has the Al Nida division of the Republican Guard to do with 9/11?

In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior. Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)

Nothing.

top topics

join