It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight Quarantined at Chicago Midway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
If monkey pox or small pox thats bad news.

Small pox was declared eradicated I think in the early 80's and all the known vaccines are under control of WHO they went around convincing all the governments around the world to give up their vaccines since it was declared eradicated. If you are in the military chances are you received a small pox vaccine.

Bad news is, if you are not in the military, the only one that can sign off on you to get a vaccine is the Federal Government.

Healthcare mandate and mark of the beast anyone?

Yes this it is true and then some. I have had only 2 vaccines since I left the service.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
An update today in the Chicago Tribune, A Minnesota woman who caused a health scare aboard a Delta Airlines flight from Detroit — resulting in the plane being kept on the tarmac at Midway Airport for three hours — says it was all a misunderstanding over bug bites.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
this thread is way out of control and off topic.

The video clearly states that it was a domestic flight and that everyone has now been released.

Boo.

Yes it was a domestic flight, yes it was released, but there are still many inconsistencies, unanswered questions and general thoughts and concerns among ATS members.

Many of which, are being discussed in this thread.
General thoughts, concerns and questions that are the direct result of this quarantined flight.

My question:

Why were the children this woman was adopting from Uganda, left in Uganda?
The news article states that the "ill boy she was trying to adopt had pustules."
Are we to assume this child was already ill? From what? Were the pustules subsequent to and/or a result of this illness or bed bugs?
The article specifically states that the woman "personally" had bed bugs, then goes on to simply state that the boy had pustules. Why specifically differentiate between the two?

The CDC collected everyone's information that was on the flight, "should they need to contact them later."
If this is an open & shut case of bed bugs, why would they need to contact them later? Or track their whereabouts for that matter?

Also, a previous poster in this thread stated that the flight never took back off? I looked at the link but I don't see anything that I interpret in such a way. Maybe someone else understands how to read the information on the linked site.

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Maybe we can find something here. flightaware.com...

Anyone know the letters associated with flight number?

I got it. It never took back off. Something happened......

HERE!!!
edit on 27-4-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The video clearly states that it was a domestic flight and that everyone has now been released.

There are a few random comments that have gone off topic. But if what Guidedkill says several posts above yours and quoted below is correct (and it does appear to be) then there may well be more to the story. This flight appears to make the trip to/from Detroit every day, if it is in fact sitting on the tarmac for 2 days now I for one would like to know why. Someone getting ill or drawing attention on a flight, determined to be bug bites, plane quarantined, passengers held and eventually released, ok that may be normal enough. But the plane never resumes it's normal schedule after the return trip to Detroit is cancelled? Why? Where exactly is the plane now and what is being done to/with it?

Maybe we can find something here. flightaware.com... Anyone know the letters associated with flight number? I got it. It never took back off. Something happened......

What if they were a bit hasty in their determination and discovered something after releasing the passengers? Obviously they would have contact information on all of the passengers and be able to round them up quietly but it is a bit harder to hide the plane being grounded for days. Just thinking out loud,,,,,

Edit: Looks like stupid girl and I were on the same page regarding inconsistencies. I think collecting data and contact information on all of the passengers is standard procedure in a situation like this though. Regarding the plane, it looks like the last scheduled flight completed was from Detroit to Chicago. But I may be reading it wrong, maybe someone else more accustomed to flightaware will chime in.
edit on 27-4-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Great, my book ran out of batteries .. stupid future

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

So we do know for a fact that this plane never resumed its flight schedule?

Do we know for a fact that this plane is still in quarantine, or is it M.I.A. at this point?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo
[

She was on the last leg of a flight from uganda where she spent 3 months.

Sievers, 50, who was on the tail end of a 20-plus hour trip that began in Uganda, where she had spent more than three months trying to finalize the adoption of two special-needs children, wondered as well, said her son, Roger Sievers. During a layover in Detroit, she had called her mother in La Porte, Ind., and mentioned one of the children she was trying to adopt had broken out in pustules — small, pimplelike sores — during her visit, and that the boy had to be taken to the hospital in Uganda. Sievers also mentioned to her mother that she had suffered an unrelated case of itchy bites which she believed had been inflicted by bedbugs.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Boo.

Yes it was a domestic flight, yes it was released, but there are still many inconsistencies, unanswered questions and general thoughts and concerns among ATS members.

Many of which, are being discussed in this thread.
General thoughts, concerns and questions that are the direct result of this quarantined flight.

My question:

Why were the children this woman was adopting from Uganda, left in Uganda?
The news article states that the "ill boy she was trying to adopt had pustules."
Are we to assume this child was already ill? From what? Were the pustules subsequent to and/or a result of this illness or bed bugs?
The article specifically states that the woman "personally" had bed bugs, then goes on to simply state that the boy had pustules. Why specifically differentiate between the two?

The CDC collected everyone's information that was on the flight, "should they need to contact them later."
If this is an open & shut case of bed bugs, why would they need to contact them later? Or track their whereabouts for that matter?

Also, a previous poster in this thread stated that the flight never took back off? I looked at the link but I don't see anything that I interpret in such a way. Maybe someone else understands how to read the information on the linked site.

HERE!!!

My thoughts exactly... You would think scientists working at the CDC be really familiar with Bed Bug bites to instantly recognize them as soon as they see them. Something about this whole story just sounds very wrong...They should have taken everyone to a hospital and done more thorough testing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

So we do know for a fact that this plane never resumed its flight schedule?

Do we know for a fact that this plane is still in quarantine, or is it M.I.A. at this point?

Unfortunately I do not, that is what it looks like though. I'll dig around some and see if there is anything conclusive I can find. If it has not resumed it's schedule after 2 days there is a possibility of it being quarantined still. According to flightaware the scheduled flight from Detriot to Chicago still shows"scheduled" for 2:38 Central. The 6:25 pm flight from Chicago to Detroit shows "cancelled" though so did the plane fly empty to Detroit sometime after the cancelled flight or has it been replaced with a different plane?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If nothing more comes out of this "news", I'll be sure this is just one more "scare tactics" action in place.

"See? It's perfectly acceptable to 'quarantine' any hundred ones at any (or no) sign of threat."

I hope it isn't the case, here, though I don't know which is worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
She? Interesting, according to nycaviation.com there is this update.

nycaviation article

UPDATE 8:00 PM ET: A statement from the CDC confirmed that the passenger had traveled from Africa, and feared that he may have had monkeypox (but probably didn’t)

(but probably didn’t)?? What??

Who knows, maybe someone assumed the gender. Most of their reports are very gender neutral when possible. Or maybe there is more, I did see the statement "the passenger fell ill" I would assume bedbugs would be itchy and annoying but to "fall ill" implies something more significant. I'm allergic to fresh grass clippings the wetter they are the worse, and need to shower as soon as possible after mowing or I begin to itch but it would never occur to me to describe this reaction as "falling ill". There may be nothing here but it does appear odd.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeah, i like that too.
'Probably didn't.'

Thanks, CDC, you are worth ever shiny penny we throw your way.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

HERE!!!

It lands in 10 minutes.

Crisis over.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Captain Trips.

From "The Stand"

Scariest disease ever.

I had to deal with the CDC once.

Me and a few other technicians were exposed to a very rare form of meningitis. A African form of it.

The thing is, the woman who had it and died, never went to Africa, She lived on an Indian reservation.

I was questiond for about 10 minutes. They had a rep from the CDC fly out to "councel" us.

Very strange.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Definitely straight out of Quarantine. I agree with everyone else. Infectious disease = scariest thing ever.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Captain Trips.

From "The Stand"

Scariest disease ever.

I had to deal with the CDC once.

Me and a few other technicians were exposed to a very rare form of meningitis. A African form of it.

The thing is, the woman who had it and died, never went to Africa, She lived on an Indian reservation.

I was questiond for about 10 minutes. They had a rep from the CDC fly out to "councel" us.

Very strange.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

I'd say just a tad past very strange.
Another thing to make you wonder, eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I guess theyre afraid of more zombie attacks. My sister said the CDC was mentioning "zombie preparedness" a week ago on their website.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join