It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saved a little life today :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something moving in the water, frantically trying to get out but couldn't because the water was so deep. 'Oh my goodness' I exclaimed out loud to myself, then without a second thought I ran over and reached down and put my hand in the water and pulled out the exhausted little creature.

It was still drenched, panicking, and was flailing it's legs about as it fought for breath, so I ran for some absorbent paper and soaked up all the water from it's little body. To my relief, it climbed to it's feet and walked around a few steps, and I was so happy that it was ok.

Then it was gone. It flew away.

I saved the life of a little ladybird which was drowning in my dog's water bowl.

It was only an insect, but to me it was still a life. And it made me happy that I had saved it

Just thought I'd share with my ATS friends before I go to bed. Goodnight all, and God bless

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

What if that ladybird flies into someones mouth and they choke to death on it?
You not only saved a bug but killed a human!
jk, good job.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Small things counts in large amounts.

Well done

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You did a good thing!
A big thank you!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Awe dooby that was sweet. I'm sure the little guy or gal is happy to live another day

I use to save bees, which I am allergic to, that would fly into the pool where I use to live. I used my glasses to scoop them out of the pool and set them on the deck. They would dry off and fly away. I am convinced that is why they never stung me! They knew I saved many of their hive mates.

I always felt bad when I saw their little legs flailing around in the air. It's not like the bee meant to fly in the pool. I knew there was always a possibility it might sting me but I did it anyway. I figured on some level it knew I was helping

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
HA! I saved a ladybug yesterday!

It crawled on me, as I was getting in the car to drive home. I kept it on my arm the whole way home. When I got home, I let it off on one my plants on the front porch. I told it "Goodby", and I swear it asked me why I hate it's brother the cockroach?

I told it that those are "big and ugly, just tell them to stay away from me" I said "and I won't kill them." That was when my cat did a wide eyed double take at me, and questioned my sanity!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Haha that just cracked me up!

Roaches *shiver*

Besides spiders, roaches make me jump and scream......then run

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ever since I came across your avatar I've been into you...

And since I have gotten to know you over time, a little bit anyways, I continue to be impressed with your outlook on life...it's hard to maintain a positive attitude these days, and you make it look easy.

I shall raise a Stella in your name this very night...and tomorrow night, and even Saturday night. Hey, at least I'm consistent.

You rock Doob...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

What the...a ladybug war? Did I miss something? Lol

Good job op
it may have been a little life you saved, but I'm sure she's grateful.
I wish more people would show such kindness..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
100 Karma points. Good job!

edit on 26-4-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Good for you!

Every life deserves a chance. When I'm around a swimming pool I usually save the bugs I see that are still alive. I imagine if it was myself trying to stay afloat while slowly drowning. I have a problem squashing bugs anymore also. I would hate to be walking along and some giant hand or foot comes out of nowhere and squashes me. When I was younger I could have cared less about bugs but now it's different. Funny huh?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i killed a couple million into an old tube sock earlier

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

To paraphrase the bard, Robert Anton Wilson, only one in a thousand humans know that insects are people too.

They each are as alive as us, have emotions and feelings, and live a life in the sunshine although fraught with danger (swerve away from that spider's web, guys!). Good for you for knowing enough to give a neighbor a helping hand (ah, love thy neighbor comes very much into play here).

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My friend always opines that she thinks its unfair that people are eager to save the lives of ladybugs but not junebugs, or snails but not slugs. She has a point I guess. But whatever, any good deed done is a good deed.

I had a friend who saved the life of a baby crow that his cat was tormenting. He nursed it back to life in a little cardboard box for a few days. Eventually it flew off. But crows are smart animals. He said that some time later, a crow would visit him and occasionally tap at his bedroom window and just stand there on the windowsill, kind of cocking its head and looking at him for a few minutes before flying off. He liked to believe it was the same crow, coming back to check up on him and make sure he was OK. I like to believe so as well.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Very sweet. Reminds me of the other day when I saved one from the heat of my car and thought; Never let it pass us by that in our lives day to day that giving of one little act of kindness. Even a smile can insight others to smile, changing the brain chemistry if only for a moment, possibly helping someone, or in that case save a life, to inspire a day for the better.
edit on 26-4-2012 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good for you. I saved a turtle from being run over the other day. I brought it home and my daughter and I took him out back and released him back into the wild. Saving any life is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i was dissapointed when i realized it wasnt about a kitty cat.
dont care about insects. : /

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Good morning guys!

Thank you for your replies.

I expected that I might get laughed at for making a thread about saving a ladybird's life, but I find I am with lots of like-minded people

It's great to be in such good company

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I still do little things like that and you know what, there are MANY people out there that the same. This is
proof that there are people that care about life, no matter insignificant it may seem to others. In this day and
age the Flora and Fauna has become very important to me and when I'm able to save some hapless creature, it makes me feel good. I think it's good for the Soul.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join