It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Decieved Into Beliving Rich Pay Their Fair Share Of Income Tax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reposting... sec.
edit on 26-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Here is one way i have seen it explained. All money collected from income tax goes toward paying the debt to the Fed. The debt was incurred before the Fed even came into being by those who created the Fed. If the Fed did not exist, income tax would not need to be collected just like before the creation of the Fed! That is merely the nuts and bolts of it.
The charter for the fed ends next year. Tell your congress critter not to renew, or look for a new job.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Two things.

One:
If one were to look at this graph, he would assume the people paying all that they deserve to in taxes is... well... EVERYONE, right?
www.mybudget360.com...

When I look at that graph, I see NOBODY paying "their fair share". We have tax brackets, and none of those people are paying what their tax bracket says they should. Might wanna not torpedo your own post like that in the future.

Two:

Since this money is obviously not trickling down at the appropriate rate, (Appropriate meaning fair for the other 99.9998% of Americans, according to the "Ideal" Democracy of the founding fathers. And yes, this is indisputably what most of them had in mind.) we should be lifting this "cap" on the gross tax due.

You might also want to brush up on what the founding fathers actually thought of democracy...because they hated it. Torpedo 2, away!

/TOA

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Threshold means cap.

That's what you're basing this on??????? That $343,927 is minimum AGI to be in top 1%, not how much tax was paid. Are you serious??????

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Threshold does not mean cap. They are opposites. A threshold is usually a minimum value while a cap is a maximum value.

Definition of THRESHOLD
: the plank, stone, or piece of timber that lies under a door : sill
a : gate, door b (1) : end, boundary; specifically : the end of a runway (2) : the place or point of entering or beginning : outset
a : the point at which a physiological or psychological effect begins to be produced b : a level, point, or value above which something is true or will take place and below which it is not or will not

Definition of CAP
6 : an upper limit (as on expenditures) : ceiling

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You are correct, and I will recrunch my numbers.

In the meanwhile, here's an article about recent tax-caps.

thejcrevelator2.hubpages.com...
edit on 26-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Actually, the only way to tax all Americans fairly is a direct, unapportioned tax.This is the exact reason that the income tax levied as it is on the American people is against the original, generic constitution!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Income tax deductions: For most Americans the deductions they are allowed are few because they don’t qualify for them. On the other hand the rich can deduct almost everything they buy. Warren Buffett bragged in the New York Times that he paid just a 17% tax rate while many who worked for him who made far less paid twice that rate or 34%. Why is this fair? It is an entitlement for the rich. In fact the IRS report shows the top 1% made on average $8.4 million and paid just a 22% tax rate. Many middle-class taxpayers pay a higher rate – in fact a nurse married to a fireman pays a higher rate that the rich and lazy.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Get rid of individual income taxes. All Fed taxes should be paid ford by companies and corporation doing business across state and federal borders.

The only tax average people should pay is FICA, because that money is loaned to the Fed Gov.

Giant Corporation should be paying for the global empire, not U.S. workers.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Originally posted by schuyler

Plus, the bottom 50% gets food stamps for free, free medical care, etc., all things I have to pay for. In other words, their purchasing power is much greater than what their income would suggest. I pay for all that, too.

I shouldn't have to carry you. And you're not getting any more out of me.

You speak as if that were some sort of universal truth. It may surprise you to know how many of us are retired and living on less than $20k per year, paying taxes on that with no write-offs, paying our own health insurance, not collecting food stamps or other freebies, while many like myself are still too young to collect Social Security benefits that have been paid into for some 40 years. We are able to do this because we lived responsibly, saved money, paid-off our homes, and retired debt-free.

I know you say income taxes go toward paying for government services, but frankly I was tired of paying for our overseas military adventures and other such "services."

edit on 26-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually, I would rather have the choice to pay FICA or not. I think I would rather take the money that goes into FICA and just save it myself or invest it to build a retirement plan! The government gives you no choice and handles your retirement for you, and we can see what a wonderful job they do with any money!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think that tends to be the flaw that many well-off individuals can't seem to overcome. They can tell they're doing just fine because they can eat today, but don't think about how they'll support mom and dad (if they plan to) in the future.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would truly like to see some solid evidence that our income tax dollars go towards anything other than the interest to the money owed to the Fed by the US Treasury! From what I've learned, Our tax collected from our labor goes nowhere else!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I'd love to dispute your last point, but I honestly can't.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
reply to post by calnorak

As much as I like your point, I think it's too optimistic.

Just because you have a higher number doesn't mean you gain for wealth.

The numbers change with inflation...

$3 in the 60's got you 3 12-packs of pop
$6.50 nowadays gets you 7 cans of pop.

Bigger number, less stuff. Therefore, the poor aren't richer.

I didn't say anything about wealth (although I admit I didn't put my definition of rich in either)
but yes, I do try to be optimistic.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

I'd say the same about all insurance.

Why should I pay auto insurance, why can't I put the money into an account to cover expenses.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yeah, no matter how many times you tell them, the right wingers choose to ignore the fact that most of the bottom 50% are either students or retirees, who spent, or will spend, most of their working life paying far more in taxes than they ever get out of government.

They would rather live in the fantasy that some day they will be rich, as they foolishly vote for policies that greatly reduce their chance of ever building any wealth.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Why should future workers of the U.S. pay for the huge debts built up under Republican "Free Market" preaching politicians, when all the money went onto the pockets of the super rich.

Elimination of individual income taxes is exactly what should be done.

Maybe the real answer is property taxes.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
To poet1b (Again, reply button not working)

Perhaps they've been deceived into believing voting on ANYTHING is a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

Hmm, texting on a cell phone?

Yeah, that is always the answer these days of conservatives when they get proven wrong. Suddenly no one should vote because there are no real choices.

The real answer is we need to all start getting more politically involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join