It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Skeptic to Believer in an Instant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This would be quite an experience to have. I'm probably on the older side of those posting on ATS and I've yet to have any type of "real deal" paranormal experience. I'm not doubting this story at all because I wasn't there but I want to say that I know that weird things can happen on medication because this happened to my husband. He was always tired on his blood pressure pills and the doctor changed one of them. During the day he was feeling better and after about two weeks he started experiencing very real night terrors. He would wake up and feel what he only could describe as something evil and the feeling something terrible was going to happen. He would stand in the hallway because he really felt something was really wrong in the house. This was totally out of character for him and we didn't make the connection for awhile until we started looking up more about this pill online and there were other people talking about having this reaction, some even to the point of going to the hospital. After he got off this pill this never happened again. I'm pretty convinced there are some real experiences out there but I also think so many people are on medication anymore and there could be quite a few "drug induced" paranormal experiences also.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TZela
This would be quite an experience to have. I'm probably on the older side of those posting on ATS and I've yet to have any type of "real deal" paranormal experience. I'm not doubting this story at all because I wasn't there but I want to say that I know that weird things can happen on medication because this happened to my husband. He was always tired on his blood pressure pills and the doctor changed one of them. During the day he was feeling better and after about two weeks he started experiencing very real night terrors. He would wake up and feel what he only could describe as something evil and the feeling something terrible was going to happen. He would stand in the hallway because he really felt something was really wrong in the house. This was totally out of character for him and we didn't make the connection for awhile until we started looking up more about this pill online and there were other people talking about having this reaction, some even to the point of going to the hospital. After he got off this pill this never happened again. I'm pretty convinced there are some real experiences out there but I also think so many people are on medication anymore and there could be quite a few "drug induced" paranormal experiences also.

100% appreciate the feedback. I can assure you I am nor have I ever had to take medication (outside of influenza which I've not had in approximately 8 years)

Outside of the experience that is being discussed, I've never had anykind of "paranormal experience" It's always interested me, but upuntil the event occurred it was the first time.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

thanks for sharing..

strange isn't it?

in one day your entire paradigm can be shifted 180 degree's..

then everyone doesn't believe you because they've never had an experience themselves & you did not take a photo for them or a video lolol..

peace..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
First off OP my post wasn't to take a jab at you or be mean. It's my opinion that this event didn't happen is all.

To those who are crying over the fact that some of are discrediting his story: This is a website to which everyone is entitled to their opinion and are here to debate such opinions. I or anyone else have the right to call BS if we feel the need. If I posted a thread about me being abducted by aliens, having an anal probe inserted, and given superpowers.....do you think everyone would believe me? NO.....and I wouldn't expect them to. I would hope that they would use their best analytical thinking skills and come up with a reason why they disagree.

Are we feeble or closed minded because we don't think this happened? NO....we are logical thinkers, who aren't gullible, and can sense BS when we see it.

I believe in the paranormal (in pretty much all areas), I just don't believe this story.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
First off OP my post wasn't to take a jab at you or be mean. It's my opinion that this event didn't happen is all.

To those who are crying over the fact that some of are discrediting his story: This is a website to which everyone is entitled to their opinion and are here to debate such opinions. I or anyone else have the right to call BS if we feel the need. If I posted a thread about me being abducted by aliens, having an anal probe inserted, and given superpowers.....do you think everyone would believe me? NO.....and I wouldn't expect them to. I would hope that they would use their best analytical thinking skills and come up with a reason why they disagree.

Are we feeble or closed minded because we don't think this happened? NO....we are logical thinkers, who aren't gullible, and can sense BS when we see it.

I believe in the paranormal (in pretty much all areas), I just don't believe this story.

You are free to believe that which you choose.
That said, Should you ever come in to contact or have anything spiritual/paranormal cross your path, then, I will not be as hesitant as you are to not be a believer.

I have no reason to come here and make up some story about Casper the Ghost crossing my path, But I digress. You are free to believe that which you choose.

Just adding a few more points. You made mention of "their best analytical thinking skills and come up with a reason why they disagree.! Yet the only thing you have wrote is you simply do not believe and that it didn't happen at all.

Strange the thinking of man is it not ?
edit on 27-4-2012 by Od1nson because: Edited for more info

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I have always chosen to accept at face value what information I am given.
I would never deny another persons experiences because I have had plenty of my own freaky experiences.

The OP could be telling a lie, or the truth,
no one will know but the OP for certain.

The paranormal is weird.

And this is a weird story.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

If something ever were to happen, even remotely close to what you say you experienced, then I will hurry back to eat my words!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by Od1nson

If something ever were to happen, even remotely close to what you say you experienced, then I will hurry back to eat my words!!

I would hope you wouldn't have to eat your words. If/when you experience something similar then I would not be so quick to dismiss what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
good god people. give him a break. If you have proof he's lying bring it to the table. If not, shut up. He's a story teller that is fact. What he told was a story. Weather it is true or not is up to you. To come right out and bash someone, or make fun of someone is something we should try not to do on this site. In the realm of paranormal, lots of weird things happen so if you are not ready to read about weird things or take things with a grain and think that it may be possible to happen, then don't read this forum. There are lots of forums out there just don't be jerks thats all. Me? yeah, why not, I have no reason to doubt this guy, he has never given me a reason to think he is a liar so I will take the story for what it is, and could be. I have had weird things happen in my life, but would never share them here just for the ignorant quacks to have a poke at.

I did a quick search and found similar story's to this case.

www.yourghoststories.com...
www.sdparanormal.com...
answers.yahoo.com...
very-spooky...-#.blogspot.com/2010/10/black-smoke-filled-my-room.html

I could keep going, these are just a few. Like I said, not saying I believe the OP but it certainly makes you think. What if?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
intresting story indeed, i dont remember reading anything in your story regarding a change in temp?

and are there any pets in the house at all?

And usually any form of black mist or matter is of a "demon" presence... have you been playing with games you shouldnt have been seen as you didnt believe? maybe not then but with in a few weeks before hand maybe?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Od1nson

You know there is a short stories forum here on ATS, right?

I'm here to share what happened,

Well when you post a story like this It helps a lot to have some evidence -- not just taking ones word for it.

I find it less than credible as it stands.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Oh, you find it less than credible do you! Well why don't you write a Short Story about it.
There's a forum for that I hear.

Annnd to the OP, great little story. Sounds like you've had quite the experience.

I do not think this question has been asked yet but:
Did you feel any physical effect from the smoke in the room? From a cough, to perhaps you getting the sensation that you could inhale it?

Sounds like you got a second-hand smoked by a ghost to me.

The fact that the entity in question provided you with happiness or peace also seems to contradict the smoke.
Considering that I am sure you may have been on edge (to say the least) when the ethereal smoke entered your room.

Either way, interesting. I've heard of many stories regarding smoke in rooms, and share your experience of being "touched" or "tapped" by something that clearly was not in the room (not that I could perceive, of course)
edit on 27-4-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intuitive
intresting story indeed, i dont remember reading anything in your story regarding a change in temp?

and are there any pets in the house at all?

And usually any form of black mist or matter is of a "demon" presence... have you been playing with games you shouldnt have been seen as you didnt believe? maybe not then but with in a few weeks before hand maybe?

Hi

It's so difficult to put it in to words what transpired. I've tried to describe in words to the best of my ability.
I really don't think there was any change in tempreture, but I could be mistaken. It happened to quick, yet felt like it lasted for ages.

there are no pets no.

No I've never played with anykind of paranormal games. The television shows where enough for me (Paranormal encounters I think was the TV shows name)

It's just "out there" experiencing such activity. I gotta tell ya' though.. once it is experienced it's something that one can always look back on with great bewilderment.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Od1nson

unless you experience it you cannot say it's less than credible.

Of course I can say that.

It simply is not believable to me.

weather you believe it or not does not make it any less credible than what you experience or believe in.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

reply to post by Od1nson

You know there is a short stories forum here on ATS, right?

I'm here to share what happened,

Well when you post a story like this It helps a lot to have some evidence -- not just taking ones word for it.

I find it less than credible as it stands.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Oh, you find it less than credible do you! Well why don't you write a Short Story about it.
There's a forum for that I hear.

Annnd to the OP, great little story. Sounds like you've had quite the experience.

I do not think this question has been asked yet but:
Did you feel any physical effect from the smoke in the room? From a cough, to perhaps you getting the sensation that you could inhale it?

Sounds like you got a second-hand smoked by a ghost to me.

The fact that the entity in question provided you with happiness or peace also seems to contradict the smoke.
Considering that I am sure you may have been on edge (to say the least) when the ethereal smoke entered your room.

Either way, interesting. I've heard of many stories regarding smoke in rooms, and share your experience of being "touched" or "tapped" by something that clearly was not in the room (not that I could perceive, of course)
edit on 27-4-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

Okay perhaps I didn't make myself all that clear when I first posted my experience with my friend. ( please bear in my mind I'm trying to put in to words that which my friend and I seen)

after the cloud of smoke/mass of black cloud had left. Not a second after we both felt this ($h!t I hate writing this.) Not a second after it left we both felt a sensation as if something had touched or walked right through us. How can I describe it? It's like this.. after the cloud had come and gone we both felt like something else had walked through us and or touched us. It was absolutely the greatest feeling of reassurance I have personally ever felt.

When I described this to a spiritualist she said what we felt was our guardian angel watching over us/ reassuring us that everything was okay.

Look I know it must sound like something some board nerd made up out of boredness. It is not the case. It happened. I know it happened, whats more I had somebody else in the same room experience the exact same thing. The naysayers and BScallers can never take that from me.

Thanks again for the time. really appreciated

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

I thought I would bring one of my experiences to bolster the "belief" that there are spirits around us all the time. Our eyes see color only and yet we think we know there can be nothing outside the visual or even auditory range of our minds eye. All of us dream, and mistake ordinary stuff for paranormal. The thing about paranormal is that when that happens it is enough of an experience that one must accept it as real, then get all excited about it, tell everybody we know, and then be disbelieved or even mocked because we see "spooks" or whatever. Thats the bummer of course, that as soon as the experience ends there is nothing left to prove it ever happened (except to us). If a door or window opens on its own that can be explained as wind; if a shimmering in the air moves across the room, that can be explained as tired eyes or meds or something; if you hear your name called or feel a presence that can be thought to be TV or a friend in the next room or whatever. If you hear and see all three back to back then it gets your attention. If you hear later that others that you don't even know experience the same sorts of things there...

I was going to relate one of my own here ( I have a few) but this is not my thread and others are so quick to deny reality outside their own senses that lately I am like why bother? Its a lot of effort and some are so quick to call people liars, scoff or call hoax. So you don't deserve to hear it. These remain MY subjective experiences, not yours.

Your loss...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Od1nson

I thought I would bring one of my experiences to bolster the "belief" that there are spirits around us all the time. Our eyes see color only and yet we think we know there can be nothing outside the visual or even auditory range of our minds eye. All of us dream, and mistake ordinary stuff for paranormal. The thing about paranormal is that when that happens it is enough of an experience that one must accept it as real, then get all excited about it, tell everybody we know, and then be disbelieved or even mocked because we see "spooks" or whatever. Thats the bummer of course, that as soon as the experience ends there is nothing left to prove it ever happened (except to us). If a door or window opens on its own that can be explained as wind; if a shimmering in the air moves across the room, that can be explained as tired eyes or meds or something; if you hear your name called or feel a presence that can be thought to be TV or a friend in the next room or whatever. If you hear and see all three back to back then it gets your attention. If you hear later that others that you don't even know experience the same sorts of things there...

I was going to relate one of my own here ( I have a few) but this is not my thread and others are so quick to deny reality outside their own senses that lately I am like why bother? Its a lot of effort and some are so quick to call people liars, scoff or call hoax. So you don't deserve to hear it. These remain MY subjective experiences, not yours.

Your loss...

Share what you have. This is my thread and it is open to discussion about any kind of paranormal encounters.
Hey if I can share mine then there is nothing to stop you.

The floor is yours friend

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

Cool story bro.

I watch Ghost Adventures and some of the things they capture freak me out.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 27-4-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I believe that this story is unbelievable

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree with Intuitive on this one. The black cloud of smoke sounds like a demon presence and it sounds like the "thing" that touched your shoulder was protecting you from it and sent it away.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join