It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Skeptic to Believer in an Instant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

1. I don't believe it is about showing compassion for someone, it's more about showing a little thing called manners. It's this old fashioned concept of respect and treating others as you would have them treat you. 2. Respect shouldn't be bartered or have a price tag attached to it. If someone has done no real wrong to you or yours, it harms you little to phrase your replies and postings in a respectful tone. 3. A civil discussion was purported already. A shared experienced expressed as an honest one. There is no need to provide evidence to invoke a civil discussion - as one can continue to engage in a discussion in a civil manner without any need of evidence. A polite, and respectful phrasing that conveys your skepticism is all that is required. 4. An absolute belief that this story is motivated by "attention whoring" to "stroke the egos of believers" is akin to a blanket denial of this story's claim of truth. You have also provided no contrary proof that this story is false, other than your own belief set. In my humble opinion, this is an irrational conclusion. To the OP: Thank-you for sharing your story. I have had similar inexplicable experiences involving shadowy cloud masses that invoke deep feelings of fear and dread. It was interesting to read of your experience. Some readers, like myself, are genuinely interested in reading personal experiences. A healthy level of skepticism may remain, but I hope this serves me to keep a healthy open minded approach to these kinds of, as yet, unexplained phenomenon.
reply to post by azurecara

I just wanted to quote this again Hell, I may even save it as a document as it is well rounded when it comes to this kind of discussion. Its so disheartening to me to read others ridicules of another's experience.

I have had dreams of passed on loved ones. As they were passing away I instructed them to come to me in my dreams and they did. This is probably the only paranormal experience I have had with a "ghost".

Im open minded to seeing or sensing the other dimensions, however I do seek light on a daily basis so maybe that is why nothing "dark" has tried to reach me, I don't know. Still though... I would love to experience a loving apparition.

I can't say whether or not the OP is telling the truth but I do know respect very well and happen to first respect the experience ... who am I to say the experience didn't happen just because it hasn't happened to me. That would be pretty egotistic of me, I think.

The story sounds spooky, yet warming. Why would you and your friend have this kind of experience is what I want to know?? To open you up to another realm? Have no idea but would love to know WHY you think it happened.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

1. I don't believe it is about showing compassion for someone, it's more about showing a little thing called manners. It's this old fashioned concept of respect and treating others as you would have them treat you. 2. Respect shouldn't be bartered or have a price tag attached to it. If someone has done no real wrong to you or yours, it harms you little to phrase your replies and postings in a respectful tone. 3. A civil discussion was purported already. A shared experienced expressed as an honest one. There is no need to provide evidence to invoke a civil discussion - as one can continue to engage in a discussion in a civil manner without any need of evidence. A polite, and respectful phrasing that conveys your skepticism is all that is required. 4. An absolute belief that this story is motivated by "attention whoring" to "stroke the egos of believers" is akin to a blanket denial of this story's claim of truth. You have also provided no contrary proof that this story is false, other than your own belief set. In my humble opinion, this is an irrational conclusion. To the OP: Thank-you for sharing your story. I have had similar inexplicable experiences involving shadowy cloud masses that invoke deep feelings of fear and dread. It was interesting to read of your experience. Some readers, like myself, are genuinely interested in reading personal experiences. A healthy level of skepticism may remain, but I hope this serves me to keep a healthy open minded approach to these kinds of, as yet, unexplained phenomenon.
reply to post by azurecara

I just wanted to quote this again Hell, I may even save it as a document as it is well rounded when it comes to this kind of discussion. Its so disheartening to me to read others ridicules of another's experience.

I have had dreams of passed on loved ones. As they were passing away I instructed them to come to me in my dreams and they did. This is probably the only paranormal experience I have had with a "ghost".

Im open minded to seeing or sensing the other dimensions, however I do seek light on a daily basis so maybe that is why nothing "dark" has tried to reach me, I don't know. Still though... I would love to experience a loving apparition.

I can't say whether or not the OP is telling the truth but I do know respect very well and happen to first respect the experience ... who am I to say the experience didn't happen just because it hasn't happened to me. That would be pretty egotistic of me, I think.

The story sounds spooky, yet warming. Why would you and your friend have this kind of experience is what I want to know?? To open you up to another realm? Have no idea but would love to know WHY you think it happened.

The only possible bit of sense I can make of it is that a number of deaths have occurred in my neighbourhood.
ranging from natural courses to suicide.

If I was to make a bold guess I would imagine the amount of deaths around here must have in someway contributed to the event.

Then again maybe I am wrong, and it was something else. It's the only possible positive conclusion I can make out of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OP, have you ever dared the spirit world to show itself to you?

Just a curious thought I had.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

were you under the influence of any narcotics or hallucinogenics at the time?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
OP, have you ever dared the spirit world to show itself to you?

Just a curious thought I had.

Yes. Never again.

Sorry for the short reply. ( I hate to sound like an attention queen ) but I'd prefare to talk about that in a message.

Once again Sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

You say you are a believer now.

What exactly do you believe in?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Od1nson

You say you are a believer now.

What exactly do you believe in?

Spirits, the paranormal.. y'know ? things that maybe I took for granted before... well I don't take it for granted now that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

Good Morning Od1nson. I've been following your first ATS thread since you started it last night. Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with the quality, and flow of your thread. For a newbie, you handle yourself quite well.

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
reply to post by Od1nson

were you under the influence of any narcotics or hallucinogenics at the time?

The OP has already answered that question...multiple times. He said no to both. Reading the whole thread is your friend...

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Od1nson

Good Morning Od1nson. I've been following your first ATS thread since you started it last night. Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with the quality, and flow of your thread. For a newbie, you handle yourself quite well.

Des

Hi Des

Gee- thanks ! I'm glad I've not made too much of an jackass out of myself ha ha. Took ages to muster up the courage to share this with people, Out of fear of too many people declaring BS and lies, Not something I like to hear.

I could sit here until I am blue in the face and write about honesty, but I'm not going to because I know what happened and I'm just glad for the positive responses and feedback/questions.

Thanks again for the help Des.. Good people are hard to find in this day and age & People that do good things is even harder to comeby.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

this is why...

The following is 100% genuine.

i assume people will be truthful. people shouldnt prefix their stories saying that they are gonna tell the truth.

honest people dont need to mention that they are being honest.

You're kidding right? On this forum? Where the favorite motto is "Pics or it didn't happen"?
Sometimes a disclaimer of truth is exactly what is needed to stress the importance of the situation.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
were there any reports of natural gas leaks in your area such as methane etc?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
were there any reports of natural gas leaks in your area such as methane etc?

Nothing of the sort, No.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why is it whenever someone reveals, from their heart, a paranormal experience, everyone scoffs at it?

This is beyond ridiculous. I've seen more dubious claims be welcomed with open arms.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i believe you.
i presently co-exist with a spirit (friendly!
) and i have posted about her on a few occasions here.
sometimes it gets a bit hairy,but for the most part,we seem to get along fine. a respect thing i guess!
i call the spirit 'her' because on more than a few occasions,i get awaken by a scream of a little girl,or her just laughing.
she gets active every few months or so,lately shes been making my broken grandfather clock 'work',by changing the time,or making it chime in the wee hours of the morning!
sometimes i just hear the footsteps on the hardwood floor. i have to add,i live alone.
the thing i hate the most is the big thuds that come up from the floor from the basement. kinda like someone poking a stick into the floor from the basement. you can actually feel it in the floor in your feet! a few friends have felt this as well. they don't visit a lot any more!!!
now that you have experienced this event,don't be surprised if you have more encounters!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i believe you.
i presently co-exist with a spirit (friendly!
) and i have posted about her on a few occasions here.
sometimes it gets a bit hairy,but for the most part,we seem to get along fine. a respect thing i guess!
i call the spirit 'her' because on more than a few occasions,i get awaken by a scream of a little girl,or her just laughing.
she gets active every few months or so,lately shes been making my broken grandfather clock 'work',by changing the time,or making it chime in the wee hours of the morning!
sometimes i just hear the footsteps on the hardwood floor. i have to add,i live alone.
the thing i hate the most is the big thuds that come up from the floor from the basement. kinda like someone poking a stick into the floor from the basement. you can actually feel it in the floor in your feet! a few friends have felt this as well. they don't visit a lot any more!!!
now that you have experienced this event,don't be surprised if you have more encounters!

Dang !! Actually living with something from the spirit world ? One experience is probably enough for me in my lifetime. If I was to encounter anything similar it would be amazing.

That being said, the one experience is more than enough for me. Although i must admit it is strangely beauitful to encounter such an anomaly. It's something that no matter what happens I'll always have it with me, Amazing.. Absolutely amazing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

No problem, it was a flash I had when reading about your experience and going over the thread.

Be careful what you ask for, because often times, you will get it.
Sometimes I forget that as well.
As you have found out, the spirit world is "alive".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

its not so bad! my grandmother used to tell me that its not the dead you have to worry about,its the living!

how true she was.
my first encounter was when i was young,maybe 8 or 9. this stuff has followed me since,so ya kinda get used to it.
i can make a whole thread on my experiences through out my life!
Mmmm,maybe i should!

my grandmother use to read tea leaves,and i think thats the reason i started studying occult,religeon,magick and mysticism. maybe i brought this all on my self! oh well,my bed,now i have to lay in it!
good luck friend,hope your next encounter is a good one
peace

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Od1nson

No problem, it was a flash I had when reading about your experience and going over the thread.

Be careful what you ask for, because often times, you will get it.
Sometimes I forget that as well.
As you have found out, the spirit world is "alive".

I will take onboard your advice my friend

isn't it awesome how ones perception of life can dramatically change when encountering such activity. Without a doubt the greatest feeling of awe, amazment, and reassurance I have ever felt.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Od1nson

its not so bad! my grandmother used to tell me that its not the dead you have to worry about,its the living!

how true she was.
my first encounter was when i was young,maybe 8 or 9. this stuff has followed me since,so ya kinda get used to it.
i can make a whole thread on my experiences through out my life!
Mmmm,maybe i should!

my grandmother use to read tea leaves,and i think thats the reason i started studying occult,religeon,magick and mysticism. maybe i brought this all on my self! oh well,my bed,now i have to lay in it!
good luck friend,hope your next encounter is a good one
peace

Thanks friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join