It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Skeptic to Believer in an Instant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I did a search on youtube and found a woman who saw black smoke in the corner of her room. She starts talking about it about 3:30 into the vid and then continues on to other black things she has seen in their house.

An eye witness account of black smoke related to spirit encounters.

So you are not alone.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
i dont beleive you. i think youre lying.

Why do people, who obviously do not read the ToS, come into threads and post this meaningless junk? We would all prefer that those who do this gee tee eff ohh. Anyway, sorry for the ignorant OP. This is how it is with paranormal-esque topics. I have been fortunate enough in my lifetime to have 3 experiences with "ghosts" in my lifetime, or unfortunate, depending on how one looks at it. Only one of these times was I in a place that had no reports of experiences, because it was at my house, and the other two I didn't learn were "haunted" until after I had my experience. So they are definitely real, ghosts I mean.

So those 3 experiences, spaced years apart, as well as a chance sasquatch sighting in the Sam Houston National Forest not that long ago. I don't know what ghosts are, but I know sasquatch is nothing more than a living, breathing animal. Those who do not believe in these things really piss me off with their closed-mindedness. It's like, I KNOW WHAT I SAW. If they would just listen they could learn so much. The problem is that there are too many fakers, and the skeptics don't know who to take seriously. I can understand that part.

As far as your scenario, I have never really heard of anything similar. Is there any possibility that any of those events could be explained by earthly means?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

this is why...

The following is 100% genuine.

i assume people will be truthful. people shouldnt prefix their stories saying that they are gonna tell the truth.

honest people dont need to mention that they are being honest.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It seems like the OP is genuine enough with his account.
I find no reason to discredit it, I also have many 'stories' that I know are real encounters. No pics has nothing to do with what you know you really saw or felt at the time.
Which in turn makes it 'just' a story, up to the viewer to believe it or not.
I think recently a lot of people are tuning in, we are being prepared for what is to come. Some choose to ignore it, some embrace it.
me, I want to know more.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
have been on the outer for ages and know joined hopin to be welcomed, i like to say od1nson its your first encounter with the paranormal and muscle for sharin,whats the meaning of being touched on the back or shoulder by them is the big question?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am so tired of people being rude to each other here. If you don't believe it, you don't have to but just shut your mouth. Seriously. I'm not saying I believe this story but the finger pointing "liar" makes me sick. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they at least believe themselves this happened to them. I posted awhile back about my friend being really sick and having doctors laughing him out of the office and I got accused left right and centre of karma whoring and seeking attention. What happened to compassion? Move along.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

this is why...

The following is 100% genuine.

i assume people will be truthful. people shouldnt prefix their stories saying that they are gonna tell the truth.

honest people dont need to mention that they are being honest.

I would probably say that even though what I say is completely honest, because I know that every story which doesn't have pics....is met with derision by the 'pics or it didn't happen' junkies.

So as an honest person, knowing what goes on on this site, I would likely do that.

You might not believe what I am saying there, but I want to assure you it is 100% genuine.

And OP, cool experience.

I have had many experiences throughout life - unfortunately, never once was I on the ball enough to pick up a camera, film it all and upload it onto ATS to make sure my thread was 100% believable for everyone.

As someone who has experienced things they cant describe adequately or explain, I understand your reasoning. Interested to hear more.

edit on 27-4-2012 by selfharmonise because: Blah blah blha

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I believe I smelled (smelt) a ghost once, walked right through a dense patch or mist of a lilac odor that hung in the air in my living room for about 15 minutes then quickly dissipated. It was very intense and very localized. I think it was a ghost because this happened the evening of my father-in-laws funeral. I had left the funeral home ahead of others to open up my house for visitors to come after the services. I opened the front door and as I walked into the house I walked right through it. It stopped me in my tracks. I felt it all around me and through me. It smelled beautifiul. Father-in-law grew lilacs as a hobby. The first guest arrived about 10 minutes after I got there, she says she smelled it too but not as strong and within a few minutes the smell was gone completely.

Anyway it kinda turned me from a skeptic into a believer in an instant. so I can kind of relate...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i believe you totally..
there is no way that this is a attention seeking action..none whatsoever.
if your humming warping smoke comes back.draw a picture for us,am sure the camera will be out of batteries or no space on memory card etc

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
I am so tired of people being rude to each other here. If you don't believe it, you don't have to but just shut your mouth. Seriously. I'm not saying I believe this story but the finger pointing "liar" makes me sick. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they at least believe themselves this happened to them. I posted awhile back about my friend being really sick and having doctors laughing him out of the office and I got accused left right and centre of karma whoring and seeking attention. What happened to compassion? Move along.

Why should anyone show anyone else compassion when posting a completely fabricated BS story?

No links? No pictures? Then it gets no respect.

Provide evidence for your claims and we can have a civil discussion. Until then, stories like this are just attention whoring lies that do nothing but stroke the egos of believers. Then when a rational response comes along, here come the emotional believers saying "play nice!" WAKE UP! THERE ARE NO GHOSTS

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
While i am not entirely convinced that you speak the truth, it makes me wonder something: are you sure you were in the physical plane? I was just reading Astral Projection and Higher Conciousness Through the use of Convensional / Non-Convensional Methods and it sounds like you could have been APing and/or dreaming. If you haven't read this post yet, you should.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
this make me thinks of demoniac presence

if it s true...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by jar11

Why should anyone show anyone else compassion when posting a completely fabricated BS story?

Provide evidence for your claims and we can have a civil discussion. Until then, stories like this are just attention whoring lies that do nothing but stroke the egos of believers. Then when a rational response comes along, here come the emotional believers saying "play nice!" WAKE UP! THERE ARE NO GHOSTS

Like i said I am here to share my experience. I'm not after anybodies "respect" least of all yours.
No ghosts, huh? funny that, I used to have the same mindset. Yeah its obvious you are not here to contribute to my thread, don't come back.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I did a search on youtube and found a woman who saw black smoke in the corner of her room. She starts talking about it about 3:30 into the vid and then continues on to other black things she has seen in their house.

An eye witness account of black smoke related to spirit encounters.

So you are not alone.

Cool ! found the video really interesting. Especially once she mentioned she noticed it in the corner of the room.
Great stuff, thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow. What an experience. Its a shame small minded people have to chip in with small minded comments though. The 'must have been high on whapp pot pill pipes' mentality is frankly ridiculous.

It shows a good balanced nature when you reply to such people with dignity.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
Wow. What an experience. Its a shame small minded people have to chip in with small minded comments though. The 'must have been high on whapp pot pill pipes' mentality is frankly ridiculous.

It shows a good balanced nature when you reply to such people with dignity.

Thanks

i'm really just here to share the amazing experience with others and to see if anything similar has happened to anybody else.

I don't know if "closure" would be the right terminology, but, anycase glad for the majority of positive feedback.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i had similar experience i fell asleep on sofa in front of tv, when i woke, totally paralized, i couldnt even talk, the only thing i could do was breath and look, the light in my bedroom was lit and it was casting a shadow on my brother bedroom door, and something was in my room, that shadow moved in my room for about 1-2 mins. while that shadow was moving, i tryed to move, shout, everything i could to go look what the hell was in my room, but i couldnt, and then that shadow dissipated and all of the sudden, my paralizis was gone, and since i was trying to shout really loud, my shout finaly pierced and i shouted, sad story i was alone that night, i had the house for the weekend, and i rushed to my bedroom but nothing was there i had this strange feeling in me that someone was here that i wasnt alone some seconds ago.

i will never forget that night because i still have no idea what happened that night, i have no explanations.

before that i had seen a ghost of the past, a demon apparition and 3 ufo encounters that that would put any skeptic into the believer zone right away, when you see a huge triangle craft bigger then your house moving completly silent above you with 4 of your friends right by you. no skeptic speechs ever, would tell you that what you have seen was not real.

i hate people who say, once i see them i will believe, because when you will see them you will regret saying this. and its funny because during that triangle craft event, i had 3 skeptic with me i showed em tons of videos of ufo or alien video from all over the internet and they were always like lol nice job tinfoil hat and the like but no more. they now have total faith in me because i spoke the truth but they didnt want to believe until they saw it with me.
edit on 27-4-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

1. I don't believe it is about showing compassion for someone, it's more about showing a little thing called manners. It's this old fashioned concept of respect and treating others as you would have them treat you.
2. Respect shouldn't be bartered or have a price tag attached to it. If someone has done no real wrong to you or yours, it harms you little to phrase your replies and postings in a respectful tone.
3. A civil discussion was purported already. A shared experienced expressed as an honest one. There is no need to provide evidence to invoke a civil discussion - as one can continue to engage in a discussion in a civil manner without any need of evidence. A polite, and respectful phrasing that conveys your skepticism is all that is required.
4. An absolute belief that this story is motivated by "attention whoring" to "stroke the egos of believers" is akin to a blanket denial of this story's claim of truth. You have also provided no contrary proof that this story is false, other than your own belief set. In my humble opinion, this is an irrational conclusion.

To the OP: Thank-you for sharing your story. I have had similar inexplicable experiences involving shadowy cloud masses that invoke deep feelings of fear and dread. It was interesting to read of your experience.

Some readers, like myself, are genuinely interested in reading personal experiences. A healthy level of skepticism may remain, but I hope this serves me to keep a healthy open minded approach to these kinds of, as yet, unexplained phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
i had similar experience i fell asleep on sofa in front of tv, when i woke, totally paralized, i couldnt even talk, the only thing i could do was breath and look, the light in my bedroom was lit and it was casting a shadow on my brother bedroom door, and something was in my room, that shadow moved in my room for about 1-2 mins. while that shadow was moving, i tryed to move, shout, everything i could to go look what the hell was in my room, but i couldnt, and then that shadow dissipated and all of the sudden, my paralizis was gone, and since i was trying to shout really loud, my shout finaly pierced and i shouted, sad story i was alone that night, i had the house for the weekend, and i rushed to my bedroom but nothing was there i had this strange feeling in me that someone was here that i wasnt alone some seconds ago.

i will never forget that night because i still have no idea what happened that night, i have no explanations.

before that i had seen a ghost of the past, a demon apparition and 3 ufo encounters that that would put any skeptic into the believer zone right away, when you see a huge triangle craft bigger then your house moving completly silent above you with 4 of your friends right by you. no skeptic speechs ever, would tell you that what you have seen was not real.

i hate people who say, once i see them i will believe, because when you will see them you will regret saying this. and its funny because during that triangle craft event, i had 3 skeptic with me i showed em tons of videos of ufo or alien video from all over the internet and they were always like lol nice job tinfoil hat and the like but no more. they now have total faith in me because i spoke the truth but they didnt want to believe until they saw it with me.
edit on 27-4-2012 by skywalk because: (no reason given)

Great stuff ! Absolute love reading other peoples encounters with the unknown.
Tremendous.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

To the OP: Thank-you for sharing your story. I have had similar inexplicable experiences involving shadowy cloud masses that invoke deep feelings of fear and dread. It was interesting to read of your experience.

Some readers, like myself, are genuinely interested in reading personal experiences. A healthy level of skepticism may remain, but I hope this serves me to keep a healthy open minded approach to these kinds of, as yet, unexplained phenomenon.

Thanks friend.

I would have never thought it possible in my lifetime that anything like "it" would ever happen to me, or, I would personally experience something that I cannot comprehend.

Absolute amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join