It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Skeptic to Believer in an Instant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The following is 100% genuine. I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability.

So.. here is the tales of the cript (Evil laugh)
ahem... sorry 'bout that.

Okay..wow this is difficult. okay.so I should probably just get on with it.

I'vealwaysbeen a skeptic in regards to "Paranormal Activity" I mean, I enjoyed the ghost story tv shows and all that.. well.

About mid-january of this year. at around 11:55 - 12 AM me and my friend where relaxing at his house, When all of a sudden I heard this hmmm (thinking of best way to describe it) okay so.. my friends window to the living room is open about halfway. All of a sudden there is this "noise" the kind of noise that somebody would make if he/she prods a stick from the outside to the inside (my friend has blinds) so I look up.

Next thing there is this hmm..fluttering noise? yes! best way to describe it. this fluttering noise runs along the inside of the blinds. Not a second after I look up upon hearing the noise from the outisde to the inside. this bloomin great big black cloud of smoke just totally fills/engulfs the entire room! boy-o-boy was it an experience! I tremble just remembering it.

So, this mass of smoke and or cloud fills the room and starts warping everything, also making the lights turn really dim. It felt like it was going by for ages.. as if time itself has slowed right down.

After this mass of smoke slowly goes by. Me and my friend are just frozen solido n his sofa, couldn't move, talk or anything.

The next part is what I shall always remember. After the mass of smoke slwly left the room. we both felt this "thing" walk behind us. It was as if it touched out shoulder, well it must have because the sensation was like nothing I have ever felt before! so beautiful, so reassuring. just.. really, really beautiful.

After this second anomaly left. me and my friend turned to eachother in a state of total shock.. trying to make sense of what happened and what we seen.

so yeah.. if I wasn't a beiever beforehand. I am 100% a believer now.

THat's my story that's what i wanted to share.

Thanks.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i dont beleive you. i think youre lying.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

First of. I'm sharing what happened. weather you believe me or not is really of no consequence to me.
As I said I am sharing my story.

Second. for you to call me a liar, is harsh. I'm here to share what happened, not to lie.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That is quite the story!

You should see if there is anything in the ATS search engine that resembles what you saw.

link   
reply to post by Od1nson

You know there is a short stories forum here on ATS, right?

I'm here to share what happened,

Well when you post a story like this It helps a lot to have some evidence -- not just taking ones word for it.

I find it less than credible as it stands.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

link   
Reminds me of a prank I played on one of my friends. I put a walkie talkie in his dad's desk one night when we were sleeping at his house. To this day I haven't admitted to him that most of what happened to us that night was just me.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
That is quite the story!

You should see if there is anything in the ATS search engine that resembles what you saw.

Thanks alot.

I actually looked up what ghosts and or spirits looked like..at least the forms that people see.

They range from transparent forms to a black fog/cloud mass of dark smoke.

Once I seen the mass of smoke I was able to recognize just what had passed my friend and I.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Od1nson

I find it less than credible.

You can say it's not credible. Means nothing to me. unless you experience it you cannot say it's less than credible.

link   
Sound like you was slipped Rohypnol

Do you remember anything after the incident ?

link   

Originally posted by Od1nson

Originally posted by lacrimosa

First of. I'm sharing what happened. weather you believe me or not is really of no consequence to me.
As I said I am sharing my story.

Second. for you to call me a liar, is harsh. I'm here to share what happened, not to lie.
I believe you, I've had a slightly similar experience. Similar in the manner that my buddy and I couldn't move, couldn't talk, everything was warping, and it changed our lives entirely in one night.

Don't let all the people get to you, they just haven't had a similar experience yet. Either that or they had it happen and wrote it off as them dreaming or something.

And before anyone says anything, I have done my fair share of "questionable substances" in the past and I know how to tell those from whats actually going on...
edit on 4/26/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

unless you experience it you cannot say it's less than credible.

Of course I can say that.

It simply is not believable to me.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Od1nson

I'm here to share what happened,

Well when you post a story like this It helps a lot to have some evidence -- not just taking ones word for it.

I find it less than credible as it stands.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever experienced a spirit cross your path? If you have then you would know that it is almost impossible because (well speaking for myself) I could not do anything, not take a picture, not a video.

The reason you might ask ? Is because I was in sheer awe of what was occuring. Absolute sheer shock and awe.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logmafia

You should come clean with your friend.
Things like that can have life long effects on their thinking,

just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Sounds like you had a close encounter (as in lil gray guys) the things you describe fit a standard scenario .

You having any repeating dreams .

Did you just register to post this ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

I believe you. I have been sat upon by somebody who wasn't there, while lying in bed at an historic hotel. I felt the person begin to sit down, then stand quickly back up again - like when you are a little kid and your Mother tries to sit on the edge of the bed to read you a story, but accidentally starts to sit down on you and has to adjust. The bed depressed under me when this happened. I hadn't had an experience prior to that, but it suddenly made all the "what ifs" into possibilities instead of impossibilities. I have had other experiences, less dramatic, since then.

Does your friend's house have a history?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Absolutely ! once the mass of cloud and the second one that my friend and I felt touch us. ( such a warmth feeling, so beautiful) yes..after it happened. I turned to my friend and after a few expletives. I asked him if anybody had came in the front door. to which he replied no? It's hard to explain, but i've tried the best I could. We felt as if there was still a presence for a few moments after.

Then nothing. we just discussed and tried to work out just what in the blue **** had happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
reply to post by Od1nson

I believe you. I have been sat upon by somebody who wasn't there, while lying in bed at an historic hotel. I felt the person begin to sit down, then stand quickly back up again - like when you are a little kid and your Mother tries to sit on the edge of the bed to read you a story, but accidentally starts to sit down on you and has to adjust. The bed depressed under me when this happened. I hadn't had an experience prior to that, but it suddenly made all the "what ifs" into possibilities instead of impossibilities. I have had other experiences, less dramatic, since then.

Does your friend's house have a history?

Thanks friend, but I'm really not here to convince people. they are free to believe what they like. all I can do is share.

Our entire neighbourhood has had deaths.. old aged people, suicide, and other natural deaths. (R.I.P)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Od1nson

So what is your own personal take on it?

What do YOU think you just experienced?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Od1nson

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Absolutely ! once the mass of cloud and the second one that my friend and I felt touch us. ( such a warmth feeling, so beautiful) yes..after it happened. I turned to my friend and after a few expletives. I asked him if anybody had came in the front door. to which he replied no? It's hard to explain, but i've tried the best I could. We felt as if there was still a presence for a few moments after.

Then nothing. we just discussed and tried to work out just what in the blue **** had happened.
My buddy and I's experience was back last May and I still can barely describe it, its not that we don't remember.

I mean how would you describe something that you have never seen before? How would you describe something that seems to transcend space, time, and the known dimensions? I have never come across any word in the dictionary that could accurately describe what we saw.

I completely understand the "hard to describe" dilemma, like I said in the last post, don't let the 'non-believers' get to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Od1nson

So what is your own personal take on it?

What do YOU think you just experienced?

My personal take on it is this.. if that experience wasn't ghostly then, Man, I don't want to experience any kind of ghostly activity.

We were not drunk nor where there any narcotics involved. it was really just an amazing experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join