It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Religion is part of the Republican litmis test.... not mine.

Hell, most Republicans don't even know that Reagan rarely went to Church.....

They will rally around ROMNEY
more then one would think since OBAMA
has been such a failed POTUS.

I guess most republicans did not care
because Reagan got two terms,
anyways a morman church and whatever
church Reagan went to is better then
the propaganda liberation hate speech Obama
attended for 20 years.. BIG difference..

Rally around the family pocket full of shells.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by roaland
I will not vote for Mitt Romney. I will not vote for someone whose own state healthcare system was used a baseline for Obamacare. I'll vote for Ron Paul even if i have to write him in! I am sick of voting the lesser of two evils, not this time, not when the Constitution is so close to going out the window. Mitt Romney will loose in a race against Obama. You can quote me on that after the election.

MItt Romney has said time and time again, he will repeal Obamacare. He said he would never do it on a national level. Has Ron Paul ever specifically stated what he will do with ObamaCare? I have never heard him specifically say he will repeal. Just how bad it is.

How many times have we been told a candidate would do this and do that. Why would he repeal Obamacare when his very state made Romneycare? More then likely, he'll just rewrite it and we'll still have a version of Obamacare only this time with Romney's name on it. I don't trust anyone to repeal Obamacare when they sponsored something so close to it in their very own state. Not a chance. You can vote for who you wish, but Romney can not win against Obama. As it stands now, Obama only needs to win one state to get the electoral College. Your entitled to your opinions friend, as i am mine, but Romney does not have the Constitution in his best interests or he never would of thought about Romneycare...

Yep. Romney will repeal Obamacare. Not change much at all, rename it, and get it passed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

read your reagan history, LOL

I don't know much about the history but I DO know this. It took Reagan some time to get the dems to agree to any plan about the state of those numbers. You know that 1983 peak you're proud to mention? The reason it's the PEAK is that it started back DOWN then - immediately upon implementation of Reagan policy.

You don't know the history about Reagan? I see you are another who just picks up on talking points and runs with it .........

no wonder Republicans have such a following of low information and short term memory voters!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Religion is part of the Republican litmis test.... not mine.

Hell, most Republicans don't even know that Reagan rarely went to Church.....

They will rally around ROMNEY
more then one would think since OBAMA
has been such a failed POTUS.

I guess most republicans did not care
because Reagan got two terms,
anyways a morman church and whatever
church Reagan went to is better then
the propaganda liberation hate speech Obama
attended for 20 years.. BIG difference..

Rally around the family pocket full of shells.

I have no doubt some will rally around Mitt since power is more important to Republicans than morality and their Christian beliefs!

You sound right ... my propaganda is better than yours ...... HA HA HA

clearly your blinded by the right!!
edit on 26-4-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You don't know the history about Reagan? I see you are another who just picks up on talking points and runs with it .........

no wonder Republicans have such a following of low information and short term memory voters!

I know some history and i know of him. I know why he is important to the GOP, I'm not a fanatic tho. I don't have time in my daily life to google everything about every man in existence. I am a very busy college graduate and young executive. I barely have time to keep up with the daily happenings in the news as it is. So forgive me, if I don't have time to look up things that happened before I was born! I'm also not a history major, since you don't make much money studying past events. You make money creating new ones

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Mitt Romney is....

...the next Ronald McDonald.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Is Romney going to raise taxes and give amnesty to illegals???

Isn't that what Reagan did?

Anyway...I never see the point in comparing one president to another...they are different people. Doing something like this is either an appeal to others emotions to try to increase support or a justification in your own support.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I didnt follow Romney in Mass. but maybe we will have a chance to see how his Politics make out , maybe not.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If what a candidate looks like is important to you, then perhaps you should reassess why you are even voting in the first place.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Romney is another in a long list of old rich white dudes that crave power. I am going to call it as I see it, the polls are skewed, there is no way, that anyone that considers themselves a moderate or a centrist could vote for Romney, Like Obama said, "Romney expects everyone to forget what he has said for the last 6 months", Flipper may win the repub nomination in the fall, but I would honestly expect a landslide for Obama when all is said and done. Romney is an idiot, the Repubs proved that in 2008, and have chosen him again, seriously WTF?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I don't have much of any of those things besides family and friends. I have a piece of paper that says I attended schooling of "higher education" but it achieves nothing in this broken country.

Hypothetically speaking, I want to marry my brother (I'm male by the way) while doing lines of coc aine, hiring prostitutes for all the guests at the wedding, and then I want to take my legally purchased pair of UZIs out and shoot a boar, while not in season, to roast over the fire for the feast.

All of these actions are personal choices of individualism that would hurt absolutely no one and would make myself and my friends happy - yet I'm not allowed to do any of that, am I? Therefore, I'm not free, and neither is America. Sadly, that is only the smallest tip of the proverbial iceberg of "rights regulations" that exists in the "Land of the Free".

Unless your Mitt Romney is going to change such things and return to the Constitution in which individual liberties are ALL preserved, and government power is limited to what is written and that is it, then he is not a Conservative and he is not deserving of leading this country - nor is anyone else of that mindset for that matter. Ron Paul is the only main stream candidate that comes to mind that fits the definition of what "true conservative values" really are.
edit on 26-4-2012 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

I have a piece of paper that says I attended schooling of "higher education" but it achieves nothing in this broken country.

you chose to go to college, you got to go to college, and you got the degree all on your own. It was your mistake that you chose one that is not very viable! If you were a history major or a philosophy major or something along those lines, that's not really going to help you get very far in life...

Hypothetically speaking, I want to marry my brother (I'm male by the way) while doing lines of coc aine, hiring prostitutes for all the guests at the wedding, and then I want to take my legally purchased pair of UZIs out and shoot a boar, while not in season, to roast over the fire for the feast.

Marrying your brother is weird and gross, this is just messed up morals the individual you are describing has. You can snort coc aine all you want, it's just difficult to get and remain yourself under the influence, you can hire prostitutes at a wedding. You can shoot a boar out of season, You just shouldn't shoot a boar out of season, it's against something we call laws....They will probably fine you for doing so. Most of those things you mentioned you can do under the current system. It's what people usually do while doing those things that gets them into trouble. That's the problem with the whole blame the system mentality. They don't take in account their own stupidity!

But again you missed my point about Romney, I don't want things to change. You do. See the difference? Now, come up with another hypothetical situation. It was fun debunking that one.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
the Repubs proved that in 2008, and have chosen him again, seriously WTF?

The Repubs chose McCain in 2008...Sometimes I wonder if some of you people really have been living under a rock. And yet, I get ridiculed for not knowing everything about Ronald Reagan. If anything I can ask my dad who is a member of the tea party. He could come on here and post something nice and long about how Reagan turned around the economy and wrote the book on conservatism.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

the Repubs proved that in 2008, and have chosen him again, seriously WTF?

The Repubs chose McCain in 2008...Sometimes I wonder if some of you people really have been living under a rock. And yet, I get ridiculed for not knowing everything about Ronald Reagan. If anything I can ask my dad who is a member of the tea party. He could come on here and post something nice and long about how Reagan turned around the economy and wrote the book on conservatism.

Romney was an idiot in 2008, but they have chosen to run him again. Romney was not a viable candidate in 2008 why is he in 2012? Again WTF. I am going to go get my dad, WTF is ATS coming to?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Romney was an idiot in 2008, but they have chosen to run him again. Romney was not a viable candidate in 2008 why is he in 2012? Again WTF. I am going to go get my dad, WTF is ATS coming to?

Romney was an idiot? How so? How could he possibly be an idiot and start a few companies and turn around the Olympics? HM???? Idiots are usually stupid yes, and there are a lot of stupid people wasting their time online calling political candidates stupid! So, Idk what your main goal in this thread is supposed to be. Can you possibly talk about something without insulting it?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

I have a piece of paper that says I attended schooling of "higher education" but it achieves nothing in this broken country.

you chose to go to college, you got to go to college, and you got the degree all on your own. It was your mistake that you chose one that is not very viable! If you were a history major or a philosophy major or something along those lines, that's not really going to help you get very far in life...

Marrying your brother is weird and gross, this is just messed up morals the individual you are describing has. You can snort coc aine all you want, it's just difficult to get and remain yourself under the influence, you can hire prostitutes at a wedding. You can't shoot a boar out of season, it's against something we call laws....Most of those things you mentioned you can do under the current system. It's what people usually do while doing those things that gets them into trouble. That's the problem with the whole blame the system mentality. They don't take in account their own stupidity!

But again you missed my point about Romney, I don't want things to change. You do. See the difference? Now, come up with another hypothetical situation. It was fun debunking that one.

No you cannot snort coc aine all you want, buying or selling it is against the law, as is prostitution, you will get arrested for that. We have laws for a reason, and most often those reasons, are fairly valid. Please turn the keyboard back over to you father, he will probably make more sense than you are.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It was your mistake that you chose one that is not very viable! If you were a history major or a philosophy major or something along those lines,

Yes, because in 2006 the Information Technology field was in complete shambles and was not very "viable" at all. It was only the fastest growing market at the time. But then 2008 and the incompetence of our leaders to handle a crisis and because of that, four years later, we continue to hurt from it and things continue to get worse.

Marrying your brother is weird and gross, this is just messed up morals the individual you are describing has.

Who the hell are you to determine what morals are "messed up"? Why should I give a damn what you consider is weird and gross? Why should anything you believe in life have any bearing whatsoever to do with me?

Simply put - it shouldn't. If you think it should - you are just plain wrong.

But as for all those things saying that I CAN do those things, no sir... I can't. Not without being incarcerated for a lengthy period of time. You assume just because someone, somewhere, at some point in time has done bad things on coc aine, and has done terrible things with automatic weapons - then maybe it is best that the rest of society be banned from having anything to do with any of it, and once again that line of thinking is wrong and UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

And the comment about laws is pointless too. The reason I used a BOAR as an example is because wild boars when left unchecked become boons to their habitats, wiping out vegetation and driving other species to extinction with their rampant breeding. There should be just reasoning for every single law applied to me, and when asked why such a law is applied - I should be able to be given a solid justifiable answer that is able to be associated with society here and now.

But again you missed my point about Romney, I don't want things to change. You do.

But there in lies your problem. Your current system spits on the virtues of everyone else as all Democracy does. America is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic, not a majority rules scenario, and certainly not a "if it please you then by all means" society either. The great thing about a true free Republic is the you would be able to live your live exactly how you see fit - with your job, your friends, your college education, and all those nice things that make you happy - including your bigoted beliefs that make you feel superior than others.

Meanwhile, I would be able to live far, far away from you and I would be able to do all of those things that I listed above. And even though you didn't like it, and you complained about it and how it was such a detriment to society, and you pissed and moaned about how terrible those things are affecting you, even though in all actuality they don't have anything to do with you - there wouldn't be a damn thing you could do about it but forget about it and continue living YOUR live and leave me to mine.

Because in the end that is what Libertarianism, or True Conservatism, is all about. Respecting the Constitution and leaving each man and women to his own devices (or vices) so long as it doesn't hurt their fellow man.

I don't care if you don't want change or not. When the time comes to progress you will be able to sit back in your neocon beliefs while the world changes around you, and the beauty of it is that no one will care. I certainly won't.

When Romney doesn't win the election, and when either Ron Paul does or Revolution comes to these states - things will change. So sad that some people are selfish enough only to think of themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Romney was an idiot? How so? How could he possibly be an idiot and start a few companies and turn around the Olympics? HM???? Idiots are usually stupid yes, and there are a lot of stupid people wasting their time online calling political candidates stupid! So, Idk what your main goal in this thread is supposed to be. Can you possibly talk about something without insulting it?

Romney has flipped on so many positions, seriously, how can he even be considered a candidate for either party? Romney made a boatload of money in the private sector by buying businesses, putting them in debt out the wazoo, scoring the cash, and shutting them down. Makes him a real stand up guy in my eyes, especially when one of the ones he shut down is in my city, and cost several 100's of senior citizens their pensions. Your boy Mitt is a real piece of work, magic underwear and all, if I was a Republican, the fact that he is mormon would prevent me from voting for him. What a freaking joke.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

George Bush is an idiot and he was the POTUS.

Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join