It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starwars is real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wait...so I might be able to be a Jedi?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I suppose if one believed in the possibility of infinite dimensions, then sure, Star Wars could be reality some where.

My personal take was that the original trilogy embodied that immortal story of good vs. evil, sins of the father, etc. Georgie got a lot of his inspiration from Joseph Campbell, and other old mythologies. He's a great story teller, but couldn't write a script or direct to save his life.

Star Wars is immortalized in our psyche because of the fundamentals of the hero's journey. Everybody likes to see struggle to only come out on top. The idea is ingrained in our society. I even based my own moral compass off that of the Jedi and the unifying Force. Those concepts can be found in a lot of eastern religions and I find those beliefs more satisfying than those that believe in a cosmic Jewish zombie or a man that will grant you all the "young back" you want after you blow yourself up.

Star Wars is nothing more than a tug at our immortal heart strings of struggle, loss, and overcoming great odds.

An interesting thing to note (as I am a huge Star Wars fanboy):

In the movie ET: The Extraterrestrial, there is a scene where Elliot and ET go out for Halloween. Upon seeing a kid in a Yoda mask, ET screams "HOME HOME HOME!" John Williams sampled Yoda's theme from ESB as an homage to George Lucas during that scene. In The Phantom Menace, right after Queen Amidala calls for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum, you can see a small senate platform filled with ET's. Sure, it's an homage to Steven Spielberg, as him and George are best friends, but there ARE people out there that believe that Lucas was telling the public something. I view it as nothing more than a cool Easter Egg.

The conspiracy part of my brain screams that perhaps there are all these old stories of "Star Wars" (check out Indian folklore for that) because humans were the only survivors from some massive skirmish millennia ago and we are refugees from the stars. Kinda makes one think for a split second.

-TS
edit on 27-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join