It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starwars is real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I recently heard this interesting theory that George Lucas some how taped into the galactic consciousness and retrieved ancient memories of a war between good and evil which he based the star wars movies from. I'm not sure whether I believe this theory or not but I would like to here all of youre opinions.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm real so it's partly true.

Star Wars.... a war in the stars. Sounds plausible and is likely to have happened, or is happening somewhere far far away. George Lucas didn't tap into anything, he's just tapped, in the head.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bobthealie11

Yea they said Avatar was a dream that James Cameron had too. I don't know if I would admit that regarding the prequels, seriously dude you tapped in to space for this?
edit on 26-4-2012 by YourDreamsCanceled because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobthealie11
I recently heard this interesting theory that George Lucas some how taped into the galactic consciousness and retrieved ancient memories of a war between good and evil which he based the star wars movies from. I'm not sure whether I believe this theory or not but I would like to here all of youre opinions.

I tried finding it without success, but I think there is an account somewhere of an alien visitor crashing and living with the Hopi for years, and imparting his account of human history to them. It was very similar to the Star Wars story, even including a 'death star'.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wonderful post. Not sure what else needs to be added.
Good job!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was looking on the internet to find something on the topic and found this...

Killer satellites. Cosmic soldiers. Nuclear explosions in outer space: Projects out of a Hollywood script for Star Wars. To military planners in the USA and Russia, these scenarios are part of the true race for space.

Long before Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon, generals on both sides of the Iron Curtain had started to reach for the stars. To date, the military secrets behind the triumphs of civil spaceflight unfold.

For the first time on TV, the son of the mightiest man in the history of the Soviet Union speaks out. Rocket engineer Sergej Khrushchev, son of the legendary Nikita, took part in some of the most secret projects of the USSR. In a VIDICOM exclusive, he unveils the true scope of cold war in space: Several times, the world stood on the brink of World War Three.

On the American side, prominent eye witnesses like leading NASA scientist and strategic planner Jesco von Puttkamer take us to the backstage area of international politics in dramatic times.

We also take a look at the National Reconnaissance Office. To this day, this top-secret agency controls all American espionage satellites, and is a driving force behind space-laser projects like SDI - ideas that seem all the more current as the "New Missile Defense" hits the international agenda.

www.vidicom-tv.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I tried finding it without success, but I think there is an account somewhere of an alien visitor crashing and living with the Hopi for years, and imparting his account of human history to them. It was very similar to the Star Wars story, even including a 'death star'.

That's The Terra Papers. Thread here

Nice story.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It (Star Wars) was developed based on the writings of, and his friendship and conversations with Joseph Campbell the comparative mythologist, author of "A Hero with a Thousand Faces" re: The Force and the hero's struggle between good and evil. The setting - a distant galaxy far far away, at a time, long long ago, that was just creative genius on the part of Lucas, nothing more I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

That's The Terra Papers. Thread here

Nice story.

Yes. Interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
if you think about earth's wars as wars that are occuring on a planet in space, then yes there are star wars.

but mostly it's an adaptation of the wars that have happened on earth and the scope of them, in relation to certain themes that happen in real life as well like an Empire and Rebels.

the force could also be thought of as something like a mix between spirtiuality and telekinesis (psychic abilities) something thought to be real for centuries.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well its certainly not impossible,

After all, The Universe is an insanely big place, not to mention quite old,

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
it's a western in space. ok, a shapespearean western in space with a hero quest thrown in. the cool part is on tatooine, they speak english, so that would make it easier for any assimilation after the disclosure

star wars was my religion. I was 10 when episode IV came out, 13 for V, and 16 for VI. but c'mon folks, it's a story

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

If the technologically advanced civiizations were warring, malevolent beings, we would not be here, and earth would have already been colonized, given the time-spans involved.

There are probably moral equivalents which correspond with the harnessing of higher technologies, that combine to form a type of "prime directive" of non-intervention, and hey for every higher power there are probably higher powers still, and it would suck for "anyone" who infringes the universal code of conduct to find their gateway access wormhole leading directly into a black hole or something like that.

I like to imagine them singing a variation of the theme "I fought the law and the law won"..

edit on 26-4-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Or is it just a story. Dun dun dunnnnnnnn.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

If the technologically advanced civiizations were warring, malevolent beings, we would not be here, and earth would have already been colonized, given the time-spans involved.

There are probably moral equivalents which correspond with the harnessing of higher technologies, that combine to form a type of "prime directive" of non-intervention, and hey for every higher power there are probably higher powers still, and it would suck for "anyone" who infringes the universal code of conduct to find their gateway access wormhole leading directly into a black hole or something like that.

I like to imagine them singing a variation of the theme "I fought the law and the law won"..

edit on 26-4-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

my assumption based on your point would be that most species within our galaxy would be relatively close to us in terms of advanced technologies.

the warring beings in space would most likely be hosted within any galaxy older than our own.

thats of course if species are even capable of moving from star to star.

we would most likely encounter a droid army of sorts, probes, AI program searching for life, for their host species more so then any being.

the same reason F-35 jets will be obsolete in 20 years when unmanned jets that can go 30g's start operating.
humans can only sustain 10 g's.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
my assumption based on your point would be that most species within our galaxy would be relatively close to us in terms of advanced technologies.

That's a false assumption, as there are many very old stars which presumably have retained their planetary systems. Within our own galaxy, there's everything you would find anywhere, it's that big, from new stellar formation to supernovas seeding whole regions with the elements of life. Earth is young, and our species, technologically, is in it's infancy (only about 100 years!). Thus, any technologically advanced civilization even in our own galaxy would be many many 1000's of years, or more likely MILLIONS of years in advance, that's what it would look like, statistically, and they've had all the time in the world, even moving from one world to the next at sub light speed, to colonize the entire galaxy.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'm real so it's partly true.

Star Wars.... a war in the stars. Sounds plausible and is likely to have happened, or is happening somewhere far far away. George Lucas didn't tap into anything, he's just tapped, in the head.

Actually it is said that his Idea for Star Wars came from The Rig Veda, the Bagavagita and other myths or truths.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The most advanced civilizations are those who don't need to rely on machinery/technology anymore, understand the futility of wars and live in perfect harmony with nature.

edit on 27-4-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

OK, you asked for opinions. We all have one, and here is mine:
The movie Star Wars is a remembrance of a long past series of events, long before Humanity came to this Universe. The factions are reflected today, the Evil Empire is the powers that be, who want to enslave us all in their own version of a New World Order, and the Rebels who are fighting for the innocents who only wish freedom and peaceful existence. When that film came out, I must have watched it 50 times. It awakened memories with me that I was unaware of before. And I was not the only one either.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
lol well its a Space Opera

Key word being Opera...

that's where he took the themes of Star Wars from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join