It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P reduces Spain's credit rating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

S&P reduces Spain

www.bbc.co.uk

S&P cut Spain two notches to BBB+, warning that the country could have to take on more debt to support its banking sector.

It has also placed Spain on negative outlook, meaning there is a risk of further downgrades to come.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Thu Apr 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title must be the same as source

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This whole world economic things feels like slow motion en slavery. It takes time to spin the stories enough so they go from nothing to a smoky haze. Eventually it takes full form and all believe.

Make money from thin air. Let your selective governments spend the hell out of this made up money, then tell them you owe for this nothing we created and you owe for generations. Instant slavery.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

S&P reduces Spain

www.bbc.co.uk

S&P cut Spain two notches to BBB+, warning that the country could have to take on more debt to support its banking sector.

It has also placed Spain on negative outlook, meaning there is a risk of further downgrades to come.

Would that be defined as an oxymoron or a paradox??

Once again I have the strangest sensation that I MUST have slipped into an alternate reality were the logic just doesn't make sense to me ..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Although I am aware that the global economy as a whole is still on shaky ground, I already tire of hearing reports such as this: "Standard & Poor downgrades...", "S&P reduces the rating of...", "S&P casts negative...".

I can't help but think, 'When is someone going to give this company a negative outlook?' I mean, this single American-based company releases nothing but bad news and everyone around the world seems to jump and react as though they're right.

I'm not saying they're wrong, but I personally begin to scorn anyone who is constantly pessimistic to such a degree that they could bring down a funeral. Infact I'm starting to wonder that if everyone started to ignore them the global economy might improve, however fantastical a scenario that would be. A little bit of positivity can do wonders, even in small doses. They should try it instead of giving investors a reason to drink.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel_X

I'm not saying they're wrong, but I personally begin to scorn anyone who is constantly pessimistic
. A little bit of positivity can do wonders.

So basically , you want to be lied too.
Hmm, that would be a new angle for bankers I guess.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

So basically , you want to be lied too.

I think there is a difference between lying and attempting to "soften the blow" with bad news. Perhaps I was attempting to be more comical than trying to prove a point. It is how I feel, though - with so much negative news coming out of a single organization which the economies of the world clamor around, it just looks to me as though they're almost purposely inflaming an already volatile situation by being more negative than they ought to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Although I am aware that the global economy as a whole is still on shaky ground, I already tire of hearing reports such as this: "Standard & Poor downgrades...", "S&P reduces the rating of...", "S&P casts negative...".

I can't help but think, 'When is someone going to give this company a negative outlook?' I mean, this single American-based company releases nothing but bad news and everyone around the world seems to jump and react as though they're right.

I'm not saying they're wrong, but I personally begin to scorn anyone who is constantly pessimistic to such a degree that they could bring down a funeral. Infact I'm starting to wonder that if everyone started to ignore them the global economy might improve, however fantastical a scenario that would be. A little bit of positivity can do wonders, even in small doses. They should try it instead of giving investors a reason to drink.

I think these companies are optimistic not pessimistic, spain downgraded to BBB+? lol.
Lets not forget these ratings agencies confirmed companies AAA ratings like Lehman Brothers just before they collapsed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys

I think these companies are optimistic not pessimistic, spain downgraded to BBB+? lol.
Lets not forget these ratings agencies confirmed companies AAA ratings like Lehman Brothers just before they collapsed.

Exactly what I was going to say. S&P are parading good news here! The real situation is much worse than the rating.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
New Figures 27-04-12
Spanish unemployment hits record 5.64 million

Spanish unemployment has hit a new record high, official figures have shown. The number of unemployed people reached 5,639,500 at the end of March, with the unemployment rate hitting 24.4%, the national statistics agency said.

Move over Greece here comes Spain to take the limelight.

Its going to be a bumpy few months

top topics

join