It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are things changing this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Have noticed that there's a lot of people talking about Aliens and certain races, but before, exopolitics was kind of frowned upon around here. Do you think we're gradually waking up and starting to progress to wondering what they're doing instead of wondering if they're out there?

I just find it really strange. There'd always be several skeptics posting in threads that dealt with Aliens races and they'd sink pretty quickly, but now those threads seem to flow pretty well when that topic is brought up. So do you think it's just a random thing, or a sign that our awareness is really changing?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I'd like to think its kind of a sign that more and more people are waking up to some things that are obvious lies, or are at the very least becoming more curious. I think its an awesome thing though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

I'd like to think its kind of a sign that more and more people are waking up to some things that are obvious lies, or are at the very least becoming more curious. I think its an awesome thing though.

I think it's awesome too! Still wondering if Phage will arrive and debunk it all though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I definitely think things are changing. There's even stories about aliens in the MSM almost every day now.

Hopefully waking up to the fact that we can't, statistically, be the only race in the universe will mean that this species will start respecting each other and our home planet!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

As a statement of humor, if you're growing hair in funny places all of a sudden, and you're getting these strange urges, cravings. fascinations, and feelings around the opposite of your sex, then, yes, things are indeed changing.

As far as aliens in the collective consciousness goes, blame the media. It's a trend that happens in the media-sphere in cycles.
For one generation entertainment media is going to focus on supernatural stuff, and the next sci-fi, and the next will be action heroes and suspense, and so forth circling round and round with certain genres of interest gaining popularity within the social media and collective consciousness.

It's 2012, so, it's kind of a 'duh' year when it comes to Aliens and Apocalypses, and other such.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

I think it's awesome too! Still wondering if Phage will arrive and debunk it all though.

Phage is an Alien in disguise shhhh it's a secret

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
Hopefully waking up to the fact that we can't, statistically, be the only race in the universe will mean that this species will start respecting each other and our home planet!
I'm quite sure the vast majority of people are open to the possibility of sentient life else where in this vast universe of ours.... But personally I feel this isn't the question in a place like this... I believe it's highly unlikely (bordering on impossible) the we are the only ones around. It it here?? That's the question that IMHO hasn't had any convincing enough data put forward-- YET! Hope springs eternal

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I think its because we are sharing our experiences.

The more we talk about it the more we uncover, I know there’s a technical term for it, anyway how it works is something that is said or read , maybe even a picture that is shown or it could be something so mundane, anyway it triggers the memory.

So what you forgot you now suddenly remember. Its acts like a reboot for your memory.
As long as we stay honest and don’t add exaggeration to the events, I think we could really get a better picture of what is happening to us.

We also need to be understanding, just because some have seen or can describe things other abductees cant, doesn’t make them a liar. This is where the arrogance peeves me off. For instance someone may not notice the hair colour or what the room looks like, but they can describe other details with clarity.

So the more we talk about it, the more we remember.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Phage is one of those people who thinks just by "disproving" one specific example he has disproven the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenTFH
I definitely think things are changing. There's even stories about aliens in the MSM almost every day now.

there should be a whole lot of good things about it mainly the new technologies will eliminate pollution and dependence on fossil fuels. Maybe it will be our upgrade to a Type II civilization? I think the Anunnaki owe it to us. Give us the responsibility and we might grow up very quickly. I think people are feeling stagnated with technology and the fact that it leads to destroying the planet. We need a new energy paradigm and it will revolutionize our lives.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I am definitely not going to get my information concerning aliens from the msm. they blew it big time in the credibility department with me

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I agree with you. It seems awareness is on the rise.

Do you think we're gradually waking up and starting to progress to wondering what they're doing instead of wondering if they're out there?

Agreed! Totally! It gets more and more obvious every day, that, they ARE out here and they ARE up to something. The question of 'if' aliens exist is pretty non existent now days. Maybe this gradual awakening is due to our efficient ability to share experiences.( This site is the perfect example)
Too, I think with so many reports coming out on the news, every one is really starting to see (weather they like it or not) that something is going on.

I found this strange:
I started a thread covering a few of my personal experiences. Now, when I first started visiting ATS, I saw a lot of OPs getting trashed over such threads. Knowing that, I new what I was heading into when I typed out my story, but surprisingly, no one really trashed me, the thread, or my experiences. I was shocked that very few even challenged my story as I just knew when I started it, that, I was starting a battle of sorts. I asked a question at the beginning of the thread regarding 'constructive criticism' and to my surprise, thats the kind of criticism I received from the few supposed skeptics/debunkers that posted to the thread. After a few pages of replies had accumulated, I thought the exact question you are asking now. Are people waking up? and, why are the skeptics not so quick to debunk? I don't think the contents of my story are really all that believable, even though they ARE TRUE, so why did my thread not get trashed? IMO, more minds are opening and its because people are able to share and be open about what they are experiencing. With enough experiences shared, a better understanding of the subject is inevitable.
Good question OP. You make a valid point.
S+F
TXML

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Phage ha ha. I picture him sitting naked infront of his computer with Jim Oberg brushing his hair.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Nothing changes, even the slightest.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Nothing changes, even the slightest.

in order to change things, you have to change

top topics

join