It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

citizen rescues 500 dogs from becoming dinner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is it the culture you seem to hate? Or it's people?

Cruelty to animals, and toxic, no-quality products that take Americans jobs away. Not to mention wasting money buying Chinese products 3 or 4 times over and over again before finally going with an American product and not having to buy again.

Playing the "hate card" are you? Mods here should have more maturity than that...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I saw the title and naturally visions of somehow getting a state dinner at the white house cancelled came to mind. But this was interesting anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
people in switzerland eat dogs. why dont people hate switzerland?

edit on 26-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

if you want to talk about the failure of the government to regulate its food so that diseases are introduced you should look into that whole mad cow disease issue.

theres a total american failure for you.

i'm proud to be american and a conservative libertarian too boot, so your assumptions are just that, assumptions

i just don't think you should bash china for something so stupid, if your ganna bash them you could legitly do it over free speech issues, pollution issues, restrictive laws, economic practices etc etc.

if anything the chinese people should be praised for stopping 500 pets from being slaughtered, and just because it was a state sanctioned facility doesn't mean anything. every food station in america is sanctinoed, and we still have mad cow disease.

you do know that china has private business right?? it could have easily been a private food processing plant they aren't 100% communist anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
people in switzerland eat dogs. why dont people hate switzerland?

edit on 26-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

Because they make really good chocolate?

Or maybe it isn't really so much about dog being eaten as it is who is eating them. That is what you were getting at, right?

edit on 26-4-2012 by butcherguy because: Missed a word

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is it the culture you seem to hate? Or it's people?

Cruelty to animals, and toxic, no-quality products that take Americans jobs away. Not to mention wasting money buying Chinese products 3 or 4 times over and over again before finally going with an American product and not having to buy again.

Playing the "hate card" are you? Mods here should have more maturity than that...

Had I intended to characterize your diatribe as "hate speech" it would be gone already.

However, you are making a good case for "thou dost protest too much!"

Cruelty to animals that are food products is standard fair for our species... take a long hard look at how we treat the animals we eat. I hate it too, but for some reason it appears all governments tolerate poor treatment of animals bound for our gullets. Your hatred of toxic goods that take jobs from our economy is not relevant to the OP.

For the record, and mark it well: I don't "play" Mod. It's best you not attribute an imaginary attitude to a simple direct question about your declarations of disapproval towards large groups of people; that's sound advice. Take it.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim

if you want to talk about the failure of the government to regulate its food so that diseases are introduced you should look into that whole mad cow disease issue.

i'm proud to be american and a conservative libertarian too boot, so your assumptions are just that, assumptions

i just don't think you should bash china for something so stupid, if your ganna bash them you could legitly do it over free speech issues, pollution issues, restrictive laws, economic practices etc etc.

if anything the chinese people should be praised for stopping 500 pets from being slaughtered, and just because it was a state sanctioned facility doesn't mean anything. every food station in america is sanctinoed, and we still have mad cow disease.

you do know that china has private business right?? it could have easily been a private food processing plant they aren't 100% communist anymore.

MadCow started over in Europe, more deflection.

The Communist Party of China runs the country, nothing is private over there. They just create well controlled bubbles where foreign corporations can operate in country for the benefit of the Chinese Communist Party. They provide the slave labor and the corporations pay out nicely.

The people work at slave wages then have to eat the abominations that come out of the meat packing plants. China is so progressive.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Japanese eat dolphins and whales while the Chinese eat dogs both say we eat cattle and sheep so whats the difference?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The Japanese eat dolphins and whales while the Chinese eat dogs both say we eat cattle and sheep so whats the difference?

The collars and nametags.
The introduction of deseased animals into meat processing facillities.
The lack of consumer protection under the Communist system

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The difference is the way they slaughter them. Torture is NEVER necessary.

I could never do something like that

I don't know how they sleep at night.
edit on 27-4-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Nephlim

MadCow started over in Europe, more deflection.

The Communist Party of China runs the country, nothing is private over there. They just create well controlled bubbles where foreign corporations can operate in country for the benefit of the Chinese Communist Party. They provide the slave labor and the corporations pay out nicely.

The people work at slave wages then have to eat the abominations that come out of the meat packing plants. China is so progressive.

you have no idea what your talking about. its ridiculous. it doesn't matter where mad cow started, what matters is that the U.S. has been the only country unable to control it. its a massive failure of our food industry to regulate a disease that everyone else has control over. anywhere where there are cows being fed contaminated cows its ganna develop. talk about unnatural.

during the whole scare with the U.S. and U.K.; Chinese beef is actually was what sold internationally as they managed to keep it clean.

www.nytimes.com...

here's an article talking about how hard it is to start private business in china from the new york times perspective... WHICH SHOWS THAT THERE IS PRIVATE BUSINESS IN CHINA. 20% of the economy is from private business!!!

why can't you do a google search?? its not that hard. your economic info is more than 30 years old.

If I were you id try reading about china for a bit and then coming back whenever your done. china has alot of failures, theyre definately violating human rights as we understand them, theyre economic policy could be better, etc etc. but your just making yourself look stupid by saying things like "they have no private business" when theyve had it for 30 years!! I just don't want you too look so clueless, but its up to you obviously.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

heres a video on australian factory farming, which is the fastest easiest one i could find. the conditions are just like america's, if not it being worse in america. its nasty. disgusting. we started this whole factory farming blitz and we as americans are responsible for spreading it.

its a life of torture, with crippled animals, unable to move, locked in tiny pens, frustrated and uncomfortable these animals often end up pecking and biting on each other, causing ugly wounds everywhere on their bodies. thats why chickens are debeaked and pigs have their tales cut off.

you know pigs are more intelligent and just as social as dogs?? you know they are often kept for pets??

they live in their own filth and manure, breathing in huge ammounts of ammonia due to the confined conditions. when its time for slaughter, the meat is often contaminated by all the manure on the hide. thats why they wash the meat with bleach...

you think a tortorus death is bad, try a tortorous life.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

I haven't watched the vid, I can't bear it.

You're right, all nations are guilty of cruelty to animals. Their deaths might be swift but their lives up to then are a misery.

Animals are God's creatures too, living beings with a beating heart just like we have. They deserve to be treated with some respect before they become your food.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

yeah its disgusting, i was vegetarian for two years after i found out how our meat is treated, and how pumped full of antibiotics and hormones it is and how it leads to shorter human lifespans.

Then i found out about free range grass fed beef. ate that for a couple years until i found out that the cycle is something like, 2 years free range grass fed, Then theyre shipped and 6 months corn fed in a factory then slaughter. so its 4/5ths good meat, but not 100%.

was eating fish for awhile until i heard the mercury levels were so high in tuna that its not worth the health benefits.

now i'm back to eating whatever, still haven't really figured it out.

from what i've read china is not nearly as bad as the U.S. in its factory farming. i can't really confirm this 100% obviously, but i'd like to beleive it. It just sucks to hear people praising americas animal farming methods like we're number 1 while talking smack about others. Thats so typical american its disgusting.

we started this whole thing and our meat is some of the worse meat in the world..

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

China is communist state, nothing is private.
You say we disgusting americans have the worst meat while China has peoples pets which are untested for disease going directly into their meat supply.
It's obvious who is the ignorant one.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

link to new york times article- "China approves law that protects private property"

www.nytimes.com...

link to new york times article- "Private Business in China"

www.nytimes.com...

Here is a link to wikipedia explaining the economy of Modern China, which according to the most recent figure i could find has 70% of its gdp in the private sector. That means Private Chinese Businesses.

en.wikipedia.org...

Once again, please educate yourself about the topic you are discussing. Its really not that hard to do a google search. I don't even know how you can continue to be so deluded when you have access to all of the information available on the internet.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join