citizen rescues 500 dogs from becoming dinner

page: 1
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

citizen rescues 500 dogs from becoming dinner


now.msn.com

Volunteers in China are struggling to nurse some 500 dogs back to health
A Good Samaritan spotted a truck stacked with cages containing hundreds of dogs, many of which were obviously stolen pets still wearing their collars, leashes and even clothing.
The truck was headed for - gulp! -- a food processing plant.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anybody still like China?

From tainted sheetrock to lead based paints on childrens toys, as if poisoning the world wasn't bad enough, they are eating Fido on a daily basis.

Where are all the bleeding hearts when you need them?
Where is the outrage on China? Where are the movie stars? Instead of wasting their time propping up tinpot dictators like Chavez or parading about as human shields to protect the likes of Saddam Hussein, they should all be on a boat to China to do something meaningful for once, stopping doggy din din.

now.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
you want american movie stars to go to china and stop people from doing what they've been doing for all of known history??? silly american. you think the movie stars can help fix this? how about movie stars being worried about the national debt?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't know... I find it very difficult to find fault in another culture that uses animals we consider pets as food.

I have to wonder if in some ATS-like (there'll never be another) site in India they say the same about us "cow" eaters?

Of course, this does not mean it's OK to steal someone's pet and eat it... (unless maybe you're truly starving)... and I think that it's clear the Chinese government does not want this practice to continue.

I have two dogs myself; so this is not to say I can relate to it. But I know that if a people choose to consume something as food; my "liking" that kind of animal doesn't really count for much.

It's good that someone saved them from that fate... but I wonder how many will be well-cared for once the media attention has waned.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
you want american movie stars to go to china and stop people from doing what they've been doing for all of known history??? silly american. you think the movie stars can help fix this? how about movie stars being worried about the national debt?


So eating peoples pets is alright because they did it for a long time.....gottcha

Lets see if they can handle the junior entry level position of saving Fido first before they take on the hard stuff because they obviously failed in all their other choices up to this point on where to take a bleeding heart stand.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Dog is a common protein source in Asian countries. Bok day in Korea includes dog meat soup. In Hong Kong in 1969, the most expensive item on a menu at an exclusive restaurant was roast dog. Not knowing what we were ordering, the food arrived and we ate it. A little greasy but edible. One of our party was a little squeamish and had some trouble with it but our snake eaters finished it off without reservations. Speaking of reservations, there is another group that is practical when it comes to protein from dog....



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wonder about this story.

There was a thread a year ago, almost to the day on ATS.....
Old thread

It is so similar to this story, the number of dogs especially, I wonder if this may be being recirculated by an animal rights organization to get more people to be aware that the Chinese (and our own President) make or have made meals of man's best friend.

I found another from January 2011:
Older thread
edit on 26-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


You want outrage over china when the authorities there stopped it. they behaved correctly according to your morals, so whats the outrage over china? that people would do this means nothing because we have people in america that will do much worse things.

why should american movie stars be outraged over this? theres alot more important things than some person/small orginization stealing pets to eat. What about the civil wars in africa? what about all the wars america is involved in?? how about all the people that are going hungry?

why do you depend on american movie stars? thats ridiculous, most of them aren't even intelligent.

of course its not appropriate for people to be eating other peoples pets, but you want us to be mad at china as a whole, over a small portion of peoples actions that really has no effect on the global scheme?

and then you want american actors to do something about it?

once again, silly



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


You want outrage over china when the authorities there stopped it. they behaved correctly according to your morals, so whats the outrage over china? that people would do this means nothing because we have people in america that will do much worse things.

why should american movie stars be outraged over this? theres alot more important things than some person/small orginization stealing pets to eat. What about the civil wars in africa? what about all the wars america is involved in?? how about all the people that are going hungry?

why do you depend on american movie stars? thats ridiculous, most of them aren't even intelligent.

of course its not appropriate for people to be eating other peoples pets, but you want us to be mad at china as a whole, over a small portion of peoples actions that really has no effect on the global scheme?

and then you want american actors to do something about it?

once again, silly


They were headed to a food processing plant.
All plants are run by the State in a communist country.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


china has private business.. you don't know what youre talking about. the chinese people stopped it from happening. so its not how your spinning it at all.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


china has private business.. you don't know what youre talking about. the chinese authorites stopped it from happening. so its not how your spinning it at all.



hundreds of animal lovers responded and gathered at a toll booth to block the road



An anonymous donor has raised about $10,000 to rescue the dogs


You are the only one spinning to protect China. No authorities saving the dogs in the story.
edit on 26-4-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Don't knock it till you try it...



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine
 





Speaking of reservations, there is another group that is practical when it comes to protein from dog....

Yes. I read a book about the history of the area where I grew up in central Pennsylvania that included a reference to a local trader that sat down one evening to sign a treaty with the local tribe that inhabited the area.
A dog was thrown into the fire, live, with it's legs tied together. After the dogs howls died down, the trader inquired why they had done this. The interpreter said that the dog was the meal to be served in his honor. He said that he had no intention of eating dog. The interpreter said that he would offend the chief by refusing the meal and may have done so at the risk of his own life..... he ate dog that night. With great 'reservations'.
edit on 26-4-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP


Anybody still like China?

From tainted sheetrock to lead based paints on childrens toys, as if poisoning the world wasn't bad enough, they are eating Fido on a daily basis.


Never really did over
the chinese government,
how they are commies and
treat their people..

These dogs got lucky and so did this
guy because if these dogs were legal
he would be a vigilante and they could
prosecute him..

I don't see the need to eat dog if
you do not really HAVE too..
Cats either, i COULD see if these
people had no other food but in this
case is just seems cruel. THUMBS UP
to this guy and OP



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


actually pretty much everyone is saying let the asians eat what they want. no one really cares that asians eat dogs. we eat cow, what would we think if india's movie stars came over to stop us? sounds a little stupid huh?
my asian family thinks pizza is disgusting, i think eating snake is weird, they eat goat testicles in colorado.

authorities stopped it when they thought it was illegal, let it go when they figured paperwork was inorder. let the asians do what they want and what they've been doing for all of known history



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is from last year follow the link

www.yellowbullet.com...




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't know... I find it very difficult to find fault in another culture that uses animals we consider pets as food.


Well, we use them for experiments in America right?

In South America, guinea pigs are a delicacy. Here they are "G-Force".



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


actually pretty much everyone is saying let the asians eat what they want. no one really cares that asians eat dogs. we eat cow, what would we think if india's movie stars came over to stop us? sounds a little stupid huh?
my asian family thinks pizza is disgusting, i think eating snake is weird, they eat goat testicles in colorado.

authorities stopped it when they thought it was illegal, let it go when they figured paperwork was inorder. let the asians do what they want and what they've been doing for all of known history


They were pets headed to a State approved meat processing plant.
They had 500, they had large investment in cages and vehicles for the operation. This is obviously a daily affair over there, sanctioned by the Chinese government.
Although I bet the embarassment to the State will lead to the Plants Superior committing "suicide" as per usual over there.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good-for-nothing china...

I have yet to hear anything decent about that country. Their cruelty to animals is sickening. Just as SICKENING as the GARBAGE products that are manufactured there. Zero quality, good for nothing.

A good-for-NOTHING country.
edit on 26-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Good for nothing china...

I have yet to hear anything decent about that country. Their cruelty to animals is sickening. Just as SICKENING as the GARBAGE products that are manufactured there. Zero quality, good for nothing.

A good for NOTHING country.
edit on 26-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


That's a bit extreme, no?

Odds are that in a country of one and a half billion people (?) not all of them are "good for nothing."

Is it the culture you seem to hate? Or it's people?

Dog-eating is not limited to China in any way. Something tells me all that vitriol has more to do with something other than dogs as food.





new topics
top topics
 
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join