It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Okay here is an interview where Ol Dirty Bastard (old school rapper) mentions the government getting on them,

Wu-tang,

about their music not being violent anymore and that they need to keep it real.

This is a HUGE F'ing clue people!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would the govt. support such violent and degrading lyrics as are found in many rap songs.

Also I would suggest these three series;
Hollywood insiders .net
the industry exposed.com
pseudo occult media . com

You can learn a lot just by listening to the lyrics and what people actually do and say.

For example many people love the Fugees, yet look at the type of people they associated with:

Aswad Ayinde, Fugees' Video Director, Identified As Incest Suspect
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The man charged with repeatedly raping his five daughters has been identified as the award-winning music video director Aswad Ayinde.

Ayinde won an MTV award for directing the video for "Killing Me Softly" by hip hop legends The Fugees.

The director is accused of trying to create a "pure" family bloodline by raping and impregnating his daughters for over a decade.

Ayinde is said to have fathered six children with his daughters, and personally delivered the children.

Ayinde faces 27 charges including aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, lewdness, child endangerment, aggravated criminal sexual contact

Vigilant Citizen . com is also a source of information, but I found out they are tied to a company that sells products around secrets to make people feel they are in but the website never gives the real goodies. ( a good source of occult themed media images though).
edit on 27-4-2012 by MasterGemini because: Peace and Love

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Sounds like anything thing that rhymes you consider rap. I think youre stretching it quite a bit.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It would be a real shame if this actually was a conspiracy to fill prisons.

Come to think of it rap music is a real shame even without the prison conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStarfire
This thread is such BS! There were gangster rappers long before 1991 when the alleged meeting took place. Ice T has been releasing gangster rap since 1983, and what about NWA. This is just another way for the the Black Man and Liberals to blame the problems of minorities on "The Man" or "Whitey". Whats that song "Gangster Rap Made Me Do It"...no...you made you do it! People need to grow up and stop trying to place blame for things that they do!

But isn't it you who have done the studies and come to the conclusion that everything on Earth is due and created by a race of tall white supremists?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

OC's "Times Up" from 1994 explains this pretty good. Amazing lyrics, modern raps cant touch this....

Right on. That's a rapper who's keepin' it real.

edit on 27-4-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

did you read the definition of Rap?

Your beef is with the authors of the definition, not me.

what's surprising to me is that you think that any type of music created by one group of Americans during any given time period would be significantly different from all other types of music.

this feature was also pointed out earlier by a completely different poster.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666
reply to post by freakjive

7. Remember when Tupac got shot 5 times and survived? Remember when 50 Cent got shot 9 times and survived? Both fabricated and not true. Tupac mostly likely never died the 2nd time around either, so that means he is alive SOMEWHERE. Eminem produced Tupac's album "Loyal to the Game" and even talked with Tupacs mother. This could easily mean Eminem and Tupac have a relationship, and could have had one for years prior.

edit on 26-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

I thought Tupac was against the Illuminati?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Firstly hip hop is my passion and music of choice. There is NO OTHER music that affords a delivering of a message like hip hop. Simply because no other music gives you the ability to speak as hip hop does.

There probably wasn't a big conspiracy. What changed hip hop was human nature and money.

It's human nature to gravitate toward violence and the taboo, and because hip hop began glorifying violence and sex it sold more than the other stuff.

Simple as that...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Generally anything that is corporatized the quality drops. There was always stupdidness in hip hop as well as "deep" lyrics. It's like your grandfather complaining how much better music was in his day, it just means you're old. There's still good quality hip hop around, you just aren't looking for it.

The gangsta era is over, that should be seen as a good thing. Very few people played on the radio talk about "gangsta" stuff in their music. It's all about girls, money, fame and partying.

edit on 27-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I'm a musician, I can embrace most forms of music, (as in playing and song, and lyric) and the technical abilty of the performers. I don't like rap all that much, it is monologue as in poetry, a good poet doesn't need music, especially downbeat farting and banging in the background. A good poem can however be set to compatible music, that's not being snobbish, it's a realisation that apart from the rapper's oratory talent, the backing music is made on the cheap, with the emphasis on cheap. rapping and the punk 'movement' were a huge con. Wait till you see the aged rappers start doing TV jingles, and TV chat shows, like our erstwhile punks are doing now.
edit on 27-4-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is what hip hop should sound like

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
and another thing...where is all this 'mad cash' that was supposed to have been made.

i remember hearing once that prisons were being put in rural areas where farming and manufacturing had fallen off and they make a big part of the economy of small economies, but i didn't see 'mad cash'.

maybe different people have different meanings of 'mad cash'.

i thought they built those prisons to hold all the captured enemy soldiers after the war was over. they filled up quickly because the enemy had a big army.

i blame the crack more than the music.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

50 cent did get shot. You should probably go listen to how he raps pre-shot to now. You can't fake that 100% of the time and never slip up in an interview. Not to mention the police report, hospital records and scars.

Your conspiracies suck

edit on 27-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I guess a data find of the private prison systems built from 90s to now and previous would show evidence if there was a type of prison building surge...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thanks for the read...i needed a good laugh today...pure bull#

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

wow, so you actually believe that pile of words posing as an article?

you think the government makes it a point to make sure rap music stays violent? Have you ever heard of Dan Quayle? Are you old enough to remember when he mentions 2pac by name in a speech and adding "There is absolutely no reason for a record like this to be published … It has no place in our society."

guess this thread, and your belief in it, is officially busted!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The government on the WU because they were criminals, not because of their lyrics.

www.thedailybeast.com...

The FBI recently released their file on the late rapper Ol’ Dirty Bastard—of Wu-Tang Clan fame—thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, and it’s a doozy. The FBI alleges the Wu-Tang Clan was connected to various murders, drug deals, the Bloods gang, and other nefarious dealings. Marlow Stern combed through the rapper’s FBI file to reveal the eight most explosive finds.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. This is something i've been waiting to see on ATS for quite a long time now. I'm surprised it's taken this long for this topic to be touched on. I also find it funny the percentage of people coming on the thread for the sole purpose of making disparaging comments about hip-hop instead of addressing the information presented, in typical fashion.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGoneWILD

wow, so you actually believe that pile of words posing as an article?

you think the government makes it a point to make sure rap music stays violent? Have you ever heard of Dan Quayle? Are you old enough to remember when he mentions 2pac by name in a speech and adding "There is absolutely no reason for a record like this to be published … It has no place in our society."

guess this thread, and your belief in it, is officially busted!!!

What part of it is busted and what belief are you talking about?

You sound a little bitter that mainstream cRAP is easily tied to low-down "shady" (:lol
business.

theindustryexposed.com...

www.hollywoodinsiders.net...

They have videos that you can watch, as I doubt you would ever read anything I post.

That or you are just some dis-info

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

DAMN!!! Did not know that Guru had passed on! Man, my heart is saddened by this news.
Such a good rapper and poet, I will miss him! RIP Keith Elam

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join