It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret Meeting that Changed Hip-hop and Destroyed a Generation"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

A very good site, I am a member!

Are you saying that I am not welcome on this forum and that I should be DISCRIMINATED against. I know that my opinions to some may seem extreme or even fringe, but isn't that what this site is about? You people claim to be truth seekers, but you refuse to look at things from all angles to get a complete picture of reality. This refusal by some on this sight to give recognition to my point of view comes from a pre-conceived notion about the White Power Movement. I thought that in this liberal society it was a bad thing to have pre-conceived notions (i.e. prejudices). Unless of course it is about the white race...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's some insider commentary...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStarfire
reply to post by DZAG Wright

... I specifically stated that all advanced accomplishments of the ancient wold can be attributed to the Proto-Aryans.

A rather troll-ish statement, obviously complete rubbish.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
some hip hop is like a public service announcement or after school television show starring Kristi McNichol giving young people useful information on how to deal with other people.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Hmmm..

Its called artistic expression.

Snakes, burning flags, upside down crosses, whites as slaves........what are they trying to express? With an anti-religious hook,Jay-Z saying anti-religious lines, and Kanye West saying we "Started a new Religion"...........this doesnt seems like a regular ass shaking video. Just because it says "un-official" doesn't mean we have to be gullible enough to believe there is NO hidden meaning. The camera angles and production are way too good for this to be just some random film project. Dismiss all you want, the images/lyrics in the video have already been projected onto your subconscious.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStarfire

You can believe whatever you want. I don't care, I'm not for censorship.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

They were trying to make a controversial video for people like you to freak out and post it for others to see. Exactly what you did. You and many other blogs helped it go viral.

I would imagine that whoever made the video did it for a portfolio piece since they didn't get paid. You have to have examples of your work if you want to get hired.

edit on 27-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NaKeDuSk

How is this statement rubbish, Is it because from Peru, to Egypt, to Sumeria, to China you find Caucasian Mummies, or is it rubbish because all of the depictions from these societies of the "Gods" or elitists were of tall, bearded, Caucasians with blue eyes, or maybe because the same cultural themes exist in all these ancient civilizations (such as Sun worship) which match up perfectly with what is know of the Proto-Aryan culture? I assure you I am not a troll, just an educated White man...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

hip hop saved the lives of billions of people throughout the world and contributes, disproportionately to its size, to global economic prosperity.

the world economic golden age of the 1990s moved parallel to the rise of rap/hip hop.

the decline of hip hop has run parallel to the Global War on Terror, Economic sluggishness and Political Uncertainty.

edit on 27-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Conspiracy sells also........

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Remember when Alicia Keys said "Gangsta Rap" is a conspiracy?

Alicia Keys is taking a political turn, as she explains in a recent interview with Blender magazine that gangsta rap "was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

In the interview, which hits newsstands on Tuesday (April 15), Keys also explains that the deaths of Tupac and The Notorious B.I.G. were the result of the government's actions. The Grammy Award-winner believes that East coast/West coast feud was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

HipHopDX

Of course, this is what 50 Cent had to say about Alicia Keys remarks:

"I don't like Alicia Keys no more...If she thinks what they consider to be gangsta music is made to bring black people down, then I think my s*** falls into that category," he said, according to E! Online. "I don't like people who don't like me."

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

You can believe whatever you want. I don't care, I'm not for censorship.

Obviously you care enough to make a snide comment about my presence on this forum. Attempt to take the moral high ground if you want, now that you have been called out. Sucks to be a Hippie-crite...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

All I did was give you a site that you should check out that fit with your belief pattern.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

when she said it she was probably about 19 years old what could she possibly know?

rap and hip hop, whether gangster or otherwise, emerged out of a reality in America which witnessed the near collapse of the whole system following the Vietnam War.

Hip Hop/Rap gained traction in a world that was in a complete state of war in the 80s and only after the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 did it find a specific purpose, which was to mentally prepare an entire generation of Americans for the largest war that would ever be fought in recent history, the War on Terror.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

They were trying to make a controversial video for people like you to freak out and post it for others to see. Exactly what you did. You and many other blogs helped it go viral.

The first day it came out, it made the top video on WorldStarHipHop.com. One of the biggest rap sites on the interenet. It didn't need my help but thanks for the props!

I believe the movie was made to push their anti-religious agenda. If Jay-Z or Kanye starred in a video with white slaves, the public would go nuts. Thus.....its "un-official" so they can still feature the two artists, yet pack in the subliminals wherever needed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
if anything...critics of hiphop are upset that the genre contributed substantially to the creation a nation full of almost irrationally combative people.

they needed a more docile population.

and now everything is all screwed up for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well thanks, but I've been there. As for my "belief pattern" It has just as much a right to be expressed on this forum as any other...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Who cares about anti-relgious agendas? Jay-z has had anti-religious lyrics for years. He's not hiding anything.

And the public going nuts is a good thing. Any publicity is good publicity.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

when she said it she was probably about 19 years old what could she possibly know?

LOL she was 27! Lil Wayne was 8 years old when he met the owner of Cash Money Records anyways, whats the difference? You seem to have zero ability to deny ignorance and open your mind. Her being "19" disproves any and all chances that she might know whats REALLY going on in rap music? She got signed to Columbia Records when she was 13-14.

What could she possibly know? A hell of a lot more than you

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting read, but I'm having a hard time believing that the change in direction of rap music was filling up prisons.

I think that the conditions of society are the biggest cause of criminal behavior and that rap music is more of a reflection of that, and not the cause of it. It probably adds to the problem but it seems a bit far fetched to suggest it is the main cause of full prisons.

People were killing each other in the ghettos before that, and the drug trade setup by the government seems a more direct cause, along with stupid cannabis legislation and gun and liqour stores on every corner.

Besides, prisons are also filled with groups of people that are not associated with rap music.
edit on 27-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join