It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow Sky turns Green? huh?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Radiation from the nuclear meltdown in Japan. They have found radiation in the pollen as far away from Japan as California.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Green clouds are never good. They could mean anything from severe thunderstorms/tornado's are imminent, to the potential for a chemical spill or even pollen as was claimed.
The only chemical I can think of that would cause this level of green would be chlorine gas, but if it was chlorine, the photographer would have been dead before he even uploaded the images.

Why is this in the UFO section? There is nothing at all linking this to a possible "alien" origin of the clouds.

sorry... I don't start many threads,... did a quick search and found no-one had posted this... then stuggled amonst the mine field of info on A.T.S and it mentioned U.F.O in the link so i just banged it in this forum. there wasn't a appropriate topic for Green Pollen. Sorry dude, it pisses me off when things like this happen but I'm basically a bit of a amateur

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Reminds me of the time the skies in Australia turned "Mars" red

Probably some weird natural occurrance. Or some really heavy pollution. I just checked out pics.. It does look kinda bad

edit on 26-4-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

Never saw that in Australia. When did that happen?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

It happened in 2009

RED SKY

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Found another article about this on the Austrian news. They say it's either alien of pollen:

In Moscow, a green cloud that caused concern. The allegedly threatening phenomenon, but as yesterday proved a cloud of pollen from different species of trees that had begun to bloom suddenly by the rapid rise in temperature, such as the Civil Protection Department said.

The weather service was the natural phenomenon with humor: "Today, the Moscow felt like the heroes of a disaster movie about an alien invasion," said the Authority. The pollen that had been deposited in the Russian capital overnight as a green layer on the cars broke, the web of lively discussions.

Some users have extreme concern that it is in the green cloud, which resulted in some people experience allergic reactions to the eyes, nose and throat, could act to the result of a chemical accident. In the summer of 2010, the smoke from forest fires in the area of the city was shrouded for weeks in dense, acrid smoke.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Moscow has been Instagrammed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Vlad and his friends are probably just having a session inside the Kremlin. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Isn't pollen generally white, yellow, or orange? Could be be any color I guess.

Is thier a plant that grows near or in Moscow that has green pollen and is abondant enough to cause this?

Just some questions I would ask before saying its a green cloud of doom.

They did have alot of fires recently I thought.

The ash from the fires could have caused a boom in plant growth.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Birch Trees my Arse - if that was the case, it would happen every year and folks would be used to it.

It couldn't be a "freak" year then? Just the right conditions for the "perfect pollen-storm"? Or perhaps it does happen every year, and you just don't know about it (till now).

Steve Gschmeissner, a retired scientific photographer from Bedford who has access to a scanning electron microscope, says: "A single birch catkin can contain five and half million pollen grains. Since a birch tree may carry several thousand catkins, the amount of pollen produced by several thousand trees in whole birch woods boggles the mind."

A false-colour scanning electron micrograph of a pollen grain from a birch tree, which is highly allergic. Birch tree pollen is transported by the wind, and so is light with a smooth, non-sticky surface to aid its dispersal over distances of thousands of kilometres.

Source: telegraph.co.uk

There are massive areas of birch tree forest all over north east Europe.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink
Isn't pollen generally white, yellow, or orange? Could be be any color I guess.

It usually is for some reason with insect pollinated plants, but birch is wind pollinated.

I suspect the colour has something to do with this, although I'm no expert.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe they got someone who is color blind to beta test Operation Blue Beam.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join