It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: 'The President has a Big Stick"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yep you read that correctly!! Now Is it just me or does the VP constantly put his entire leg in his mouth when he talks.... And you all thought Bush couldn't speak correctly

The article states

Referring to President Roosevelt's foreign policy quote about "speaking softly and carrying a big stick," Biden told the crowd that Obama followed a similar path while negotiating with Iran. "I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you," Biden said as the crowd laughed.

Source
edit on 26-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: eh

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I really had to look twice and make sure this wasn't a parody....

Nope... Just another "Biden-ism"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah.. Obama has a big stick alright. No question....there is a little difference though...

FDR's stick was long, round and thick. Made of Oak and polished to a high sheen to whap whap whap Hitler and Tojo with at every turn.

Obama's stick is long, thing and weak. Made of Balsa and rough with no finish at all. It seems to crack and break when he uses it on much of anything at all.

It's not the size of the stick, but what it's made of.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Outside of the hilarity of this.... (thanks again VP) I feel like theres some context here that isn't being in light.... Why is he talking about this....
edit on 26-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: laughing fit is over

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ok people innuendo is a no no on ats.

Biden the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Fair enough, and I agree... To put aside the puns and jokes which Biden just keeps us supplied with endlessly...

I can't help but agree that there is double meaning to this and a whole lot more to it (and wow...I just got a flow of Deja Vu that is so powerful I can't help but note it....this topic..this message..where I'm at now typing it..and the truth of what I'm replying to for that meaning... WOW)

Sorry to get sidetracked... It's been years since I've had a wave come over me that strong where I actually had to stop what I was doing and pay attention. Yeah..we agree..and with this little experience, I'm going to leave it there and start listening real hard to my little inner voice. That wasn't pleasant.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No you are completely on point... and I totally felt that way after the chuckles went away...

I mean SNL can't even parody this because... he did it to himself...

Im totally there with you on the Deja Vu though

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

If anyone should know how big Obama's stick is it's Biden..... He's a total joke, stupid and worthless. Why do you think Obama chose him for V.P. The man is absolutely incapable of making an intelligent statement.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So after I posted this I jumped in the car, and boom every political talk show is making fun of this...

I feel happy for doing it first :-p

new topics

top topics

join