Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is Ron Paul a Republican?

page: 2
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I think a "real republican" is a guy that cares for the greater good of the party. Its debatable whether or not Ron Paul does. We will see when he decides if he will run as an Independant.


No holder of public office should have responsibilities to the Republican party. Their primary responsibility is to the benefit of the country.

I've known folks who suggested that a Catholic who is elected to be Prime Minister of Canada should be a Catholic first, and a Prime Minister second. No. You are now representing not only the Catholics in your country... but all of the people.

Republicans and Democrats, please check your gang colours at the door.




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Early Republican slogan "free labor, free land, free men."
Republican opposition to slave labor and belief in independent artisans and businessmen.

The GOP supported business generally, hard money (i.e., the gold standard), high tariffs to promote economic growth, high wages and high profits, generous pensions for Union veterans.

The Republican Party includes fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, neoconservatives, moderates, and libertarians.

Prior to the formation of the conservative coalition, which helped realign the Democratic and
Republican party ideologies in the mid-1960s, the party historically advocated classical liberalism, paleoconservatism, and progressiveness.

As of 2004, the Republican Party had remained fairly cohesive, as both strong economic libertarians and social conservatives opposed the Democrats, whom they saw as the party of bloated and more secular, liberal government.

So I say, YES, Ron Paul is A Real Republican.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 




I think a "real republican" is a guy that cares for the greater good of the party.


Wow, what has the GOP done for you lately? I'm sure someone up the chain is profiting off of this "greater good" you speak of, but it sure as hell aint you or I.

Shouldn't it be for the greater good of the country?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Germanicus
I think a "real republican" is a guy that cares for the greater good of the party. Its debatable whether or not Ron Paul does. We will see when he decides if he will run as an Independant.


No holder of public office should have responsibilities to the Republican party. Their primary responsibility is to the benefit of the country.

I've known folks who suggested that a Catholic who is elected to be Prime Minister of Canada should be a Catholic first, and a Prime Minister second. No. You are now representing not only the Catholics in your country... but all of the people.

Republicans and Democrats, please check your gang colours at the door.


The Opening Post asks if he is a "real Republican". If he runs as an Independant,against the Republican Party then he is not a "real Republican" That will be clear.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
They want a Republican to win. If Paul ditches them and hurts Romney in the process they will be outraged. If you think the media has been hard on Paul up to now,just wait and see the knives come out if he runs as Independant.

This is obvious.


If they want a Republican to win just for the sake of a Republican winning, I'd suggest they have no idea what they're voting for, and deserve to be disappointed. Ditto Dems, by the way. Know what you're voting for, and don't vote based on the colour of the guy's underwear.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Terms and labels change through time to fit the current status quo. Party systems are faux and always have been, it's a trick to brainwash and divide. Only the man matters and his specific platform, not his party affiliation.


Maybe to you. "real Republicans" have a different opinion.

And they have every right to have that opinion.

I dont think Paul will run to be honest. He said he wouldnt. He wont unless he is a liar.

Do you see the trap he is in? If he does run "real Republicans" will label him as a liar. They will be right.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)


Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no such thing as "real republicans". People that call themselves real republicans are people that hold one definition of many. Simply picking one era's version or the other doesn't make it any more real than the others in the past or others that will come in the future. This goes for both main parties.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Germanicus
 




I think a "real republican" is a guy that cares for the greater good of the party.


Wow, what has the GOP done for you lately? I'm sure someone up the chain is profiting off of this "greater good" you speak of, but it sure as hell aint you or I.

Shouldn't it be for the greater good of the country?


Again,I do not endorse Romney or Obama.

I watched that interview I posted on Fox when it happened because I wanted to see what Paul would say. I was dissapointed when he said he would not run. As I said,Paul is the best of a bad bunch. I was disapointed because it sounded like he was a liar and I hoped he would be straight.Maybe he was,maybe he wont run.

As you can see from my link I was hoping for a Paul Indepandant Run and was looking months ago into how that would happen.

I am way ahead of you guys it would seem. I suggest you all go to americanselect and show your support for Paul if you really care.

Why would I be so intersted? Because I want Paul to be President over Romney and Obama. I would have prefered some honesty from Paul but like I said,maybe he wont run and he was being honest.

If he was lying,I still prefer him over Romney and Obama. Im no Republican. This fanatical attitude that some Paul supporters is not healthy or sensible.

Again,if you want to help Paul and give him reason to run go here.
www.americanselect.org...
edit on 26-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Do you see the trap he is in? If he does run "real Republicans" will label him as a liar. They will be right.


That would be an unwinnable argument. He could easily just turn it back on them, and come up with a readily available list of lies from the last few months. Hell, having public debates between party hopefuls has given plenty of ammunition for anyone wanting to snipe at character flaws.

And I think Dr. Paul could still argue that he is running as a true Republican... not what passes for one these days.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Terms and labels change through time to fit the current status quo. Party systems are faux and always have been, it's a trick to brainwash and divide. Only the man matters and his specific platform, not his party affiliation.


Maybe to you. "real Republicans" have a different opinion.

And they have every right to have that opinion.

I dont think Paul will run to be honest. He said he wouldnt. He wont unless he is a liar.

Do you see the trap he is in? If he does run "real Republicans" will label him as a liar. They will be right.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)


Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no such thing as "real republicans". People that call themselves real republicans are people that hold one definition of many. Simply picking one era's version or the other doesn't make it any more real than the others in the past or others that will come in the future. This goes for both main parties.


I have already explained what a "real Republican" is. They vote Republican and they support the winner of the GOP.
Im sorry you cant see that. Or that you refuse to. See if you anticipate problems you can get around them.

americanselect.com



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Germanicus
Do you see the trap he is in? If he does run "real Republicans" will label him as a liar. They will be right.


That would be an unwinnable argument. He could easily just turn it back on them, and come up with a readily available list of lies from the last few months. Hell, having public debates between party hopefuls has given plenty of ammunition for anyone wanting to snipe at character flaws.

And I think Dr. Paul could still argue that he is running as a true Republican... not what passes for one these days.

Who controls the media? Who controls the debates? You have seen how hard it has been for "Dr Paul" already. It willonly get harder.
And if Ron runs as Independant he is a liar.

If I were him I would say "things changed since then,all those clever people went to amerianselect.com and gave me a reason to run."

If you bother to look he has no reason right now. You may want to check it out and lend your support since you care so much.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Germanicus
Do you see the trap he is in? If he does run "real Republicans" will label him as a liar. They will be right.


That would be an unwinnable argument. He could easily just turn it back on them, and come up with a readily available list of lies from the last few months. Hell, having public debates between party hopefuls has given plenty of ammunition for anyone wanting to snipe at character flaws.

And I think Dr. Paul could still argue that he is running as a true Republican... not what passes for one these days.

Who controls the media? Who controls the debates? You have seen how hard it has been for "Dr Paul" already. It willonly get harder.
And if Ron runs as Independant he is a liar.

If I were him I would say "things changed since then,all those clever people went to amerianselect.com and gave me a reason to run."

If you bother to look he has no reason right now. You may want to check it out and lend your support since you care so much.


Even in the video you link Ron Paul has never said 100% that he wouldn't run on the Independent ticket. He's made it clear over and over that he'll never say never but that it's never been in his "plans". He doesn't want to, and I don't blame him. He shouldn't have to..He wouldn't be a liar if he ran independent, he's purposely covered all his bases for that very reason.

Now, with that said, I don't think he'll run independent either because well, I think he truly does feel that he represents what the republican party TRULY should represent. I don't think he's there (the republican party) to please the party, he's there because he truly believes his principles would be for the greater good of the country. If he ran independent, then those chances are even slimmer. Just look at what happened to Ross Perot. The media would not treat him any better, you know that. Yes, we all know who owns the media (at least, I hope) and they aren't going to award any points to him just because he's running independent.

Ron Paul owes nothing to the Republican party as they have treated him as nothing less than dog vomit during his entire campaign. The only reason he would even think about throwing them a bone is because of his son, which is pretty unfair considering he is NOT his son.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


Indeed that would be an unforgivable lie! After all, no other candidate before him has ever spewed such an abomination!

edit on 26-4-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by Germanicus
 


Indeed that would be an unforgivable lie! After all, no other candidate before him has ever spewed such an abomination!

edit on 26-4-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend


Im not sure if you are reading my posts.

From the rude
it would seem you are not. I suggest you go to americanselect if you care about Ron Pauls chances. It would seem I am more informed than you are and I think ahead.

As I said,if he is lying,I still prefer him over Romney/Obama.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep
 



“I cannot conceive of it,” Paul said when asked again about running as an Independent. “I have absolutely no thoughts or plans of doing it.” Well, that's a relief. Oh, wait! Like the typical politician from whom Paul likes to distinguish himself, that was not all he said. “I don’t like absolutes — I don’t like to say: ‘I absolutely will never do such and such’ — so I am just avoiding the absolute,” (Fox News, December, 15, 2011).

communities.washingtontimes.com...

Spoken like a true politician hey.

I know what he said and I contend that he can and could indeed "concieve" of it. He is being dishonest.

It is also dishonest to use the Republican Party as a vehicle and ditch them when they have nothing left to offer. And worse still repay them by running against them.

Still,he is the best of a bad bunch and has my support.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


It is just that you seem deeply intent on branding the most honest politician in DC a liar! The man clipped away more integrity than all others have the last time he trimmed his nails! It matters not if you throw in afterwords that "you like him" after a slanderous remark!

edit on 26-4-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


So in essence you are agreeing with me. Got ya


And on the flip side democrats have so many definitions of themselves that it comes down to voting for whichever candidate isn't republican.

So lets review:

Republicans follow whatever is considered GOP at the moment regardless of actual platform.
Democrats are so varied in their views and disagree on almost everything, but agree to vote for anything not republican.

Yep looks like my original statement stands - main party affiliations are hollow labels and nothing more.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by Germanicus
 


It is just that you seem deeply intent on branding the most honest politician in DC a liar! The man clipped away more integrity than all others have the last time he trimmed his nails! It matters not if you throw in afterwords that "you like him" after a slanderous remark!

edit on 26-4-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)


I dont particularly like him. And I dont have to. Why should I? He is a politician.I disagree with him on some things also.

What I do like is he is against American Imperialism. He will offer friendship to nations like Iran. They call him an 'isolationist'. That is code for 'autarky'. Thats what Im into. I am against American Imperialism. Ron Paul is too. Ron Paul is against the IMF. Ron Paul says alot of sensible things. I love that he has the guts to say he will offer Iran friendship.
www.la.org.au...

If you read that link you will see he will end the Foriegn Aid Scam that your politicians try to fool people with. There is alot to like.
And its not slander to call him out on being dishonest about his intention's. And again,its not healthy or sensible to be so fanatical about him. Think Obama. Remember that? Everyong crying tears of joy? Made it alot easier for him hey? Ron Paul doesnot deserve to be treated like some kind of Jesus. It is unsafe to treat him that way.

He isnt perfect but he is clearly the best of a bad bunch. I am all for America going home and leaving the rest of the world alone. That will be awesome. Vote Ron Paul
edit on 26-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Is Ron Paul a Republican ?
Let's see he has been a team player.
He has followed the rules throught his career and the primary campaign.
His voting record has always been consistant with smaller government and less government spending.
At the time, he has no intentions of running as an Indepentent. ( not a lie)
Ron Paul intends to take his campaign to the convention.
Should the GOP ignore Ron Paul and dismiss the real delegate count, it is the GOP who has severed ties with the candidate, which means all bets are off.( which means he's not a liar, should he change his mind)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
reply to post by Germanicus
 


So in essence you are agreeing with me. Got ya


And on the flip side democrats have so many definitions of themselves that it comes down to voting for whichever candidate isn't republican.

So lets review:

Republicans follow whatever is considered GOP at the moment regardless of actual platform.
Democrats are so varied in their views and disagree on almost everything, but agree to vote for anything not republican.

Yep looks like my original statement stands - main party affiliations are hollow labels and nothing more.


No, A Democrat votes for a Democrat. Its quite simple.

Independants are swing voters.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Wookiep
 



“I cannot conceive of it,” Paul said when asked again about running as an Independent. “I have absolutely no thoughts or plans of doing it.” Well, that's a relief. Oh, wait! Like the typical politician from whom Paul likes to distinguish himself, that was not all he said. “I don’t like absolutes — I don’t like to say: ‘I absolutely will never do such and such’ — so I am just avoiding the absolute,” (Fox News, December, 15, 2011).

communities.washingtontimes.com...

Spoken like a true politician hey.

I know what he said and I contend that he can and could indeed "concieve" of it. He is being dishonest.

It is also dishonest to use the Republican Party as a vehicle and ditch them when they have nothing left to offer. And worse still repay them by running against them.

Still,he is the best of a bad bunch and has my support.


Ahhhhhh....So the true intent comes out after being exposed of subliminally attempting to undermine Dr. Paul's strongest suit, honesty! Nice try anyway bud but people have already seen the truth and it ain't yours!





new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join