It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee Red Cross Told To Prep For Chicago Evacuation During NATO Summit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You may be very close to the truth when you mentioned biological event!! A year or two ago they were using American AND foriegn troops in Chicagoland, training in a biological event scenario. Obama is in trouble, and what perfect timing for another government sanctioned killing of thousands of innocent Americans.....sigh

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I've read this entire thread, and I live in Chicago; would someone mind telling me what a "summit" is and what may happen?

Official information of the NATO summit can be found here:

www.chicagonato.org...

Leaders from around the world are gathering in Chicago this spring for an important
diplomatic summit hosted by President Barack Obama. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization

(NATO) meetings in Chicago from May 20-21

allowing the city to highlight its economic vitality, its arts and architecture, and its can-do spirit.

•This will be the first time an American city other than Washington has hosted a NATO summit.

edit on 27-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I might as well post this for all who have been reading here.

www.theblaze.com...

According to reports, the U.S. and Russian military will be engaging in an anti-terrorism exercise that will involve Russian paratroopers using U.S. weapons to “take and hold” the main facilities of the CIA and Denver International Airport in Colorado and the National Security Agency in Utah.

(Related: Learn about the hypothetical ‘war games’ the U.S. and China have been playing)

The European Union Times has more on the report announcing this exercise from the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation:

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Colonel Alexander Kucherenko publically announced this 24-21 May “anti-terror drill” this Friday past noting that this will be the first time Russian airborne forces have held exercises with the US airborne forces on US territory. Colonel Kucherenko stated, “According to the exercise scenario, soldiers of the two countries will hold a tactical airborne operation, including the reconnaissance of imaginary terrorists’ camp and a raid. After the operation, a helicopter will evacuate the soldiers.” He further added that Russian airborne troops would be training with US special service weapons in these drills in Fort Carson, Colorado.
Puzzling to Russian military analysts about this exercise, this report says, are that according to the American plans, Russian airborne troops (using US weapons that they had previously trained with at Fort Carson) will fly to and then parachute from their planes having the objectives of seizing the CIA’s main computer facility in Denver, the NSA’s main computer facility in Bluffdale, Utah, and taking control of main runways and terminals of the Denver International Airport.

Read more.

Also there are multiple threads so just look for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I guess it could mean 1 of 2 things.
Either something IS going to happen.
OR
They are just planning for the off-chance that something might happen.
Anyone know if it's a common procedure for the Summits?
I would rather believe the second but would also like to see the first.
Nice Find! S&F

This is a scare tactic... serving as a "no go" warning to protesters, and attempting to divide local people from protesters.

We shouldn't be too impressed by this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was alittle hesitant to post this, but the hubby says it's fine. He delivers heavy sewer piping downtown all the the time for different construction. Sometimes 6 times a week depending on the loads. This week there have been no deliveries. And there are none for next week as of today.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My Mini 14's, 30's and mossy 500's will be loaded. Just incase.
Second line.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
reply to post by burntheships

This is very interesting to me, for several reasons. I lived in Chicago all of my life before moving west in the mid-2000s and for NATO to be held at McCormick place is very interesting. That place is HUGE. I used to work there from time to time for conventions, doing booth work. There are several entrances and exits there, all glass in many spots, just seems not very secure for this type of thing, considering how worried they are about riots, etc. and the ease of access from the surrounding hotels.

If the G-8 or G-20 or whatever was moved to camp david for the same worries, why put the NATO summit in McCormick place? McCormick place might as well be right on top of Lake Michigan, too. My husband is convinced something is going to go down because of the spot they chose and the extreme measures they are taking in warning people how violent and dangerous this could become due to riots, etc., recommending surrounding buildings evacuate residents during that time due to the possibility of property damage from riots. Also, because he's convinced they need the space of McCormack place for a reason, and its proximity to the lake, like they're bringing in some secret something out of or off of the lake... lol. But in all seriousness, why even bring all the attention to something like this, wouldn't it just instigate people to behave badly? Doesn't seem like a good deterrent. Why relocate one and not the other if situations will be so dangerous?

I don't say this often, but I call false flag with this, in some way, something is going to go down.

The reason I heard for McCormick place is that its because is its so huge that they can just stick the Summit in a center then block off all the exits and have a big buffer zone. I was last there in last spring about this time, and from what I remember of how it looks like its plausible explanation. It has alot of space but its alot of open space inside the building, along with easy choke points for security.

As for why this got moved to Chicago, my guess its far more prosaic then any conspiracy theory, it was to showcase Chicago to the world and maybe move some money to all those within the Chicago Machine that were losing out on the Olympic bid which was thought to be a sure thing with Obama in office. Anyway makes me glad for once I don't live in the loop.

Also earlier in thread as I was scanning it, there was talk about how rare Earthquakes were in WI, and did a little search, its not as rare as people say: earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Occupy Wall Street enters stage Left. Justice for Trayvon enters stage right. Obama-rama-lama-ding-dong and the secret service enters center stage with Columbian hookers. DHS covers the back door exit.. Rohm Immanuel and Van Jones propels down from ceiling. Eric Holder starts passing out candy....
edit on 26-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Tea Party fanatics storm the stage and beg for attention

Seriously though. I doubt anything is going to happen. Just more fear mongering.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the friendly reminder on that. On a lesser event, heck..Chicago is half a day's drive for me and I rather got to like protesting after last year's experiences. As you note though, Chicago in May isn't for protesting, it's for street fighting and that isn't my cup of tea of change. They can keep the whole pot, for that matter. I'll see about catching the next one....

Looking up at the rifles of the Secret Service as they looked down on us..and through scopes...was enough to see once with a protest 3 blocks from last years World Series games. I sure don't need a repeat performance to appreciate your meaning of '0' tolerance. Can 0 be capitalized? lol

I'm not understanding the thing about streetfighting in Chicago in May...did I miss a reference there or something? Anyhow, I wish I'd known folks were protesting the 2011 World Series, I would have gladly joined in to protest that waste of an October. (tongue in cheek...tongue in cheek
) but seriously what's the streetfighting reference? I'm a chicagoan, so curious.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the friendly reminder on that. On a lesser event, heck..Chicago is half a day's drive for me and I rather got to like protesting after last year's experiences. As you note though, Chicago in May isn't for protesting, it's for street fighting and that isn't my cup of tea of change. They can keep the whole pot, for that matter. I'll see about catching the next one....

Looking up at the rifles of the Secret Service as they looked down on us..and through scopes...was enough to see once with a protest 3 blocks from last years World Series games. I sure don't need a repeat performance to appreciate your meaning of '0' tolerance. Can 0 be capitalized? lol

I'm not understanding the thing about streetfighting in Chicago in May...did I miss a reference there or something? Anyhow, I wish I'd known folks were protesting the 2011 World Series, I would have gladly joined in to protest that waste of an October. (tongue in cheek...tongue in cheek
) but seriously what's the streetfighting reference? I'm a chicagoan, so curious.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
I was alittle hesitant to post this, but the hubby says it's fine. He delivers heavy sewer piping downtown all the the time for different construction. Sometimes 6 times a week depending on the loads. This week there have been no deliveries. And there are none for next week as of today.

Thanks for posting. So I'm not inferring, what does this mean, exactly, in his opinion?

Thanks, Crappiekat

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Well for him it means no deliveries. He drives a big truck. So he's assuming they want no large trucks. He thinks there just trying to eliminate any heavy traffic. His truck can create a big traffic jam should there be any mishaps. Turning wrong, not able to back up properly. Not to mention the large loads they carry. Are they going to have someone climb onto these big loads and check them throughly. Thats his thoughts. The question he has is, does the city have some agreement with these construction companies to halt work until further notice. That would be interesting. Think of a work stop for large construction. Lots of money.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Very interesting, thanks for responding! I was talking to my mom today (she still lives in Illinois) and she said there is ridiculous stuff going on surrounding the summit, like solar garbage cans in the city (which is odd to begin with, IMO) are being replaced by "traditional" dumpsters, to make them easier to sort through to look for bombs and the like. How much money is going to spent to remove & replace 2 sets of dumpsters? If they're not doing it until the very last minute, how would they know they're secure anyway? Anyway, she also told me that they weren't going to allow the south shore line under MCP, but then are, but that commuters will be searched. WIth all of it combined, it just seems like it is a bigger headache than usual to have the thing, so why move it to begin with? If the G8 had to be moved for "safety concerns" and it was in the Chi, then why not NATO, too? Money? Shady plans? No matter what, she said she'll be glad to stop hearing about NATO on the news every day

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well in my opinion, I think it's all about money. Rahm, Rahm, Rahm. I think things were in motion long before we, as the public knew anything. I would think things like this would start to be planned years in advance. I don't think theres any conpirecy here.

Sorry for spelling, typing in dark.
edit on 27-4-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)
Were watching a movie.
edit on 27-4-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ok, well its the real deal. I am shocked out of my mind.
Bill Cooper was right.

Russian “Airborne Assault Forces” will be arriving in Colorado this May for joint terror-war exercises with U.S. soldiers, according to U.S. officials and Russian military personnel cited in media reports. The Kremlin’s Defense Ministry and the U.S. Department of Defense both said it would be the first time in history that American and Russian airborne special operations troops would be training together on U.S. soil.

Analysts and commentators across the alternative media expressed alarm about the controversial announcement, likening it to a scene out of the movie Red Dawn or the predictions made by the late radio host Bill Cooper. It was not immediately clear exactly why the Obama administration decided to allow the scheme.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
reply to post by burntheships

I lived in Chicago all of my life before moving west in the mid-2000s and for NATO to be held at McCormick place is very interesting. That place is HUGE. I used to work there from time to time for conventions, doing booth work. There are several entrances and exits there, all glass in many spots, just seems not very secure for this type of thing, considering how worried they are about riots, etc. and the ease of access from the surrounding hotels.

If the G-8 or G-20 or whatever was moved to camp david for the same worries, why put the NATO summit in McCormick place? McCormick place might as well be right on top of Lake Michigan, too. My husband is convinced something is going to go down because of the spot they chose and the extreme measures they are taking in warning people how violent and dangerous this could become due to riots, etc., recommending surrounding buildings evacuate residents during that time due to the possibility of property damage from riots. Also, because he's convinced they need the space of McCormack place for a reason, and its proximity to the lake, like they're bringing in some secret something out of or off of the lake... lol. But in all seriousness, why even bring all the attention to something like this, wouldn't it just instigate people to behave badly? Doesn't seem like a good deterrent. Why relocate one and not the other if situations will be so dangerous?

Here's some more reasons why McCormick place is a bad idea:

Lake Shore Drive (a major street) and interstate 55 run right by McCormick place.

The commuter rail runs underneath.

It's near the south loop which is a high crime area

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ok, well its the real deal. I am shocked out of my mind.
Bill Cooper was right.

Russian “Airborne Assault Forces” will be arriving in Colorado this May for joint terror-war exercises with U.S. soldiers, according to U.S. officials and Russian military personnel cited in media reports. The Kremlin’s Defense Ministry and the U.S. Department of Defense both said it would be the first time in history that American and Russian airborne special operations troops would be training together on U.S. soil.

Analysts and commentators across the alternative media expressed alarm about the controversial announcement, likening it to a scene out of the movie Red Dawn or the predictions made by the late radio host Bill Cooper. It was not immediately clear exactly why the Obama administration decided to allow the scheme.thenewamerican.com...

This country is SOOOOO screwed.

And of course,Obamas watch.........

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I have heard reports of this in the past, but this is naming names.

This will take place at Ft. Carson.

“The Russian soldiers are here as invited guests of the U.S. government; this is part of a formal bilateral exchange program between the U.S. and Russia that seeks to develop transparency and promote defense reform,” Cmdr. Wendy L. Snyder, U.S. Defense Press Officer for policy, told The New American in an e-mail. “This is the first time that American and Russian special operations troops have participated in a bilateral exercise.”

According to Snyder, the exercises — which she said would last about three weeks in all — will serve to train and improve skills related to terror-war fighting.
thenewamerican.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by sonnny1

I have heard reports of this in the past, but this is naming names.

This will take place at Ft. Carson.

“The Russian soldiers are here as invited guests of the U.S. government; this is part of a formal bilateral exchange program between the U.S. and Russia that seeks to develop transparency and promote defense reform,” Cmdr. Wendy L. Snyder, U.S. Defense Press Officer for policy, told The New American in an e-mail. “This is the first time that American and Russian special operations troops have participated in a bilateral exercise.”

According to Snyder, the exercises — which she said would last about three weeks in all — will serve to train and improve skills related to terror-war fighting.
thenewamerican.com...

Like I said earlier. This is sick.

I personally believe this goes against EVERYTHING America has fought for,since its inception.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is Treason by any other name.
Of course, we are just fear mongering.

Well, hey how about that Zombie gun they are working on?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join