It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iraqi Flag Not Popular

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
www.cia.gov...
Flag Description:
three equal horizontal bands of red (top), white, and black with three green five-pointed stars in a horizontal line centered in the white band; the phrase ALLAHU AKBAR (God is Great) in green Arabic script - Allahu to the right of the middle star and Akbar to the left of the middle star - was added in January 1991 during the Persian Gulf crisis; similar to the flag of Syria, which has two stars but no script, Yemen, which has a plain white band, and that of Egypt which has a gold Eagle of Saladin centered in the white band; design is based upon the Arab Liberation colors

Old Iraqi Flag

New Proposed Iraqi Flag

Flags of the Middle East

The reason it's not popular among many Iraqis is because it abandons their traditional colors and uses the same colors as Israel. But a lot of Iraqis also want to move on from the old flag, too. So they'll probably come out with something more traditional. Heck no one in the US would want a national flag that say was red with yellow stars and white stripes, kind of like a communist type thing.

I wonder if any Illuminati theorists have any comment on the crescent moon in the flag compared to the Star of David on the Israeli flag?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I don't like it neither.
I think this one will do just fine, for a while at least.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
EDIT: ITs late
I thought the first one was the new iraqi one

[edit on 9/28/2004 by Huria86]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Heh, good point. I really don't see why we don't just declare it US territory, or the 51st State.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Why do they want Israel's colours to the flag? It should have the colors used in other Arab flags: green and black for Islam and red for Arab nationalism.

Maybe this flag would suit better:

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
the colors are the bigger conspiracy imo. the crescent moon was probably put on there so that muslims would adopt the flag. even though i think the moon is at the wrong angle and there is a star missing, but thats only from my knowledge im not a muslim.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Keep the traditional colors for godsakes....jeez...

Sometimes Bush has the subtelty of a 2 X 4 upside the head.....

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I agree that it should have retained the traditional colours....any fool can immediately see the reference to Israel. How utterly blatant do they want to be about this Iraq war? Its amazing. As was mentioned in another thread, it will have to be the 52nd state, the 51st is taken...

new topics

top topics

join