It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Buys Island, lives on it for 50 years, happy and healthy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He sounds and looks like one of the ptb's crony's.
Charges people who land on the island 12 Euro's per day + the rest.
Nice buy of the island, but as the saying goes, you've got to have the wealth and the connections to buy an island.
For folk like us it's a distraction to look too deep into this.

Living in the tropics isn't for everyone, especially on an island. Unless you are an absolute beach-bum and like sedantary ways you'll go stir crazy on an island that size...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
just to point out £8000 was a LOT of money in 1962 , try buying an island now

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
These are some islands that are or where affordable, maybe even without mortaging if you have some savings.

Isla amor $12.500

So what do you get for $12.5K? Isla Amor, meaning Love Island in Portuguese, is just under one acre in size and lies 600 metres away from the coast. It has nothing developed on it as of yet but looks like the perfect place for a small house (March 16th 2009)

Dolphin Bay Island $29000

Connected to San Cristobal Island by a strip of mangrove, this small charming island of 610 square meters (6,500 square feet) is in a very cute area near Bocatorito with great views of Dolphin Bay. This elevated and breezy home site is perfect for a single-family home! There are a few large trees and some pineapple plants. Protected deep waters surround the island and dolphins swim by daily. Only 15-20 minutes by boat from Bocas Town. This property is right of possession with a concession application. Asking Price: $29,000 SOLD!

Big La Mouna Island ($25.000 per 1.2 acre lot)

You could potentially invest in this private island. We offer attractive building lots with direct water frontage on a 370,000 sqm island. You and a maximum of 33 other families can be part-owners of an island in one of the largest and most beautiful lakes in Nova Scotia, with connections to electricity, water and internet, as well as a boat mooring.

These are just quick googles.. I bet if one looks deeper there are more threasures to be found.

Don't need lotto, need google.

(ps: I can't seem to use ext text button so used quote instead)

edit on 28/4/12 by D.Wolf because: zero added somewhere

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So if somebody bought and island and decided to live on it, what country would they be a citizen of? Or could they just destroy their documentation and not be a citizen of any country?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think it is essential to build up a nice concreted house and booby trap the island and be prepared for a D-Day style invasion by pirates if they ever come. You have land advantage in that you can snipe out the incoming ships that do not heed to your radio communications as a warning.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've visited the Seychelles numerous times for work/pleasure, and I applaud this guy. His island is absolutely stunning, and if I ever win the lottery, I will donate enough money to make sure no hotel developer is ever allowed to build a hotel there.

Natural paradises like that deserve to be protected.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's the full documentary telling the story of Moyenne Island: LINK

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I think it is essential to build up a nice concreted house and booby trap the island and be prepared for a D-Day style invasion by pirates if they ever come. You have land advantage in that you can snipe out the incoming ships that do not heed to your radio communications as a warning.

In the case of Moyenne Island that's not necessary, he got the Seychellois navy to protect him. Pretty much all they do is hunt pirates in their northern waters...the ones coming down from Somalia. And they are VERY effective at it. I saw them in action once when visiting a private island up north.

The nice thing about Seychelles is that it hardly changes much over the years. I visited the islands several times over the past 20 years, and compared to Thailand for example (which has new resorts popping up all the time, with mass tourism destroying paradises like Koh Phi Phi), they are VERY careful with new developments.

The island is now a national park by the way...the smallest in the world.
edit on 31-5-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
What an inspiration, thanks! What a way to leave society behind and simply live life to the fullest. No degrees, no status, no money, no commercials around washing his brain. No products of society to infect him with their stress, anger, and life full of worries.

Freedom.

I wish we could all do that and start living the way we should.

Sounds like you need to restock your life, mine is fine, tyvm. Here's an idea.

Why not swim over to Cyprus and hide out in one of the inhabited mountainous regions? You could call up Leon Uris and have him write your personal"Exodus". rofl

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join