It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose Side Would You Be On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Okay this is a scenario I'm writing in my screenplay titled Red Star. It's about a wrestler who had been dipped in the river Styx and now has super powers. He is a world famous wrestler and is the world champion. So in one scene he is throwing a barbecue for the studio audience of a cooking show when a child about twelve years old or so comes up and asks him this question:

Child: were you really dipped in the river Styx when you were a baby?

The RED STAR gets down on one knee.

RED STAR: No, that's just a myth.

Child: Then that makes you a liar!

RED STAR: No, it's not a lie, it's just pretend.

Child: (Shouting) LIAR!

So the child kicks him really hard in the leg, but instead of injuring the wrestler, he breaks his own toe and limps off.

The next thing you know, he is being sued by the parents for hurting their child and he is getting a lot of bad press from the parents making a big deal and trying him in the public's eye.

So who's side would you be on? The wrestler's or the child and his family suing him?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Is this some kind of metaphor? What point are you trying to make?

The wrestler could have the child charged with assault. The kids parents would need a good lawyer to sue.

And the Wrestler has obviously done no wrong.

Is this a metaphor?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I would be on the wrestler's side.
I think the kid might be right in calling Red Star a liar
but that doesn't entitle the kid to use violence

now maybe the kid didn't learn this already so let's not blame the little pain-in-the-(other word for rear end)
and it's unfortunately that the kid got hurt as a result of the violence

but the parents are plain stupid if they sue Red Star. Instead they should teach the kid to control itself and not to kick people.

good luck with the screenplay !
as i am a sucker for movies that have no action whatsoever, showing only 2 or 3 people who doesn't do anything but exchange conversation, chances are small I will ever learn if the judge actually punished the parents :-)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

No, no metaphor nor point to it. It's just a random event to show what his life is like.

When I write I write to just tell a story, not to make a metaphor, allegory, or a point, but just to tell a story to entertain people.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Counter sue the parents

the kid assaulted the wrestler

not only that but its defamation of character

(kinda like how zimmerman can and hopefully will sue ABC and NBC)

If I saw it first hand i'd be on the wrestlers side...but this story is a bit unbelievable in that regard if I didn't see it first hand

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Sorry man,I was intruiged is all. I go with the Red Star for sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would have to be on the wrestlers side. Obviously the parents haven't taught the child the difference between real and make believe.
I would hope the wrestler wins this case.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
He will. Because there were cameras recording the event.

top topics

join