It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Radition Levels/ U.S. Data & Info from ATS members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by tracehd1

I did nothing to scare people

My Sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding, I never meant to indicate that your thread WAS about fearmongering...

What I was meaning, that I see I failed almost completely to convey without ambiguity, was to elucidate my perspective that the Radiation fears from Japan are attempts to fear-monger, to the detriment of the island nation...

Greetings:

Well said!

And we congratulate you on your wordsmithyness...

However...

Thus, this fearmongering of "OMG! RADIATION GOING TO KILL ALL OF JAPAN AND THE WORLD" is basically an attack on the economic strength (imports, exports, tourism) of the island nation as a REPRISAL against their attempt to sell enriched, commercial grade uranium to Iran.

Perhaps you are not completely familiar with all the facts.

Let's work together to ferret out this information.

Your attempt to establish a correlation between 'fear mongering' and the fact that Fukushima Dai-ichi has been spewing radioactive particles 24/7/365 for over a year is questionable, to put it nicely, if not outright disingenuous and an obvious attempt to establish a strawman argument regarding sales of uranium to Iran, which you allude to but provide no verifying links or any other information.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to check out any number of our signature threads so as to gain at least a working knowledge as to what is really going on with the greatest environmental challenge mankind has ever faced.

This whole operation was carried out by Mossad, the intelligence arm of Israel, because they do not want an energy independent Iran.

This was discussed about 8-900 pages back in this thread.

First, good luck on proving that (1) Mossad "carried out the whole operation."

What "operation?"

Do you intend to prove that Mossad caused the earthquake?

Any proof please, as we think that is one of the possibilities that needs to be included in any definitive analysis of this catastrophe.

Or do you intend to infer that Mossad had something to do with 'computer malfunction?'

Again, we not only covered that aspect in the early days, but we actually contacted Siboni at Magna for their side of this fascinating enigma. You can also find that info about 800 pages back in the previously-mentioned thread. Happy reading.

What they WANT, is an Iran that has to bow to the international energy consortium's that are more or less under their control.

Again, some sort of proof, and some qualifying links to support your assertion that you know what "they," in particular, want...

What specific information do you possess that the Iranian Central Bank is even a minor player in world markets, considering how much of their available cash is 'on hold' in U.S. banks?

BTW, we are merely interested in a learning experience, certainly not a flame-fest so please do not take our tone in a negative way.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Greetings:

Well said!

And we congratulate you on your wordsmithyness...

Thank you.

However...

Ah, yes... there is always a however, isn't there?

Perhaps you are not completely familiar with all the facts.

On the contrary, all of the significant and relevant facts are known to me.

Your attempt to establish a correlation between 'fear mongering' and the fact that Fukushima Dai-ichi has been spewing radioactive particles 24/7/365 for over a year is questionable

Hardly.... You have about 4,000 becquerels of radioactive particles inside your body at this very moment (potassium-40) and the decay energy of potassium-40 is actually greater than that of Iodine-131 and Caesium-137.

Not to mention the fact that "Spewing Radiation" is a dimensionless assessment, kind of like saying "There is water coming this way"

Sure, a Tsunami is dangerous, but a rain shower is not.... so when you say "Spewing Radiation" and do not provide any information about how MUCH radiation is coming out, I get a little suspicious.

to put it nicely, if not outright disingenuous

So, you see, you are wrong there.

and an obvious attempt to establish a strawman argument

And here... in which you clearly do not understand what a strawman argument is, in addition to your statement being wrong.

regarding sales of uranium to Iran, which you allude to but provide no verifying links or any other information.

That's interesting... I thought that the links that I provided to the stories about japan offering to sell enriched uranium to Iran were fairly conclusive in regards to my statement that Japan offered to sell enriched uranium to Iran.

But, perhaps you merely missed them, so here they are again:

You see, about 6 months before the "Incident" at fukushima, Japan offered to refine, and sell commercial grade uranium to the nation of Iran.

newsonjapan.com...
kyotoobserver.wordpress.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, as you see, I'm having a little trouble comprehending EXACTLY where you think you get off, saying what you are saying.....

But, perhaps you couldn't access the links I provided, or you think that they are questionable sources of information, so I am providing corroborative sources for this story:

www.intelligencequarterly.com...
zeenews.india.com...
en.rian.ru...
www.hurriyetdailynews.com...
www.indianfox.com...

There, is that enough links for you?

Perhaps you would be so kind as to check out any number of our signature threads so as to gain at least a working knowledge as to what is really going on with the greatest environmental challenge mankind has ever faced.

Perhaps you would like to explain how releasing a statistically insignificant quantity of radioactive material into a biosphere as large as the Earth's, which is already saturated with orders of magnitude more radioisotopes than your piddling little "Drop" called fukushima is releasing, qualifies as "THE GREATEST ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGE MANKIND HAS EVER FACED"

Because, honestly, I would like to know exactly how you would go about qualifying and justifying that statement as anything other than the hyperbole that it is.

First, good luck on proving that (1) Mossad "carried out the whole operation."

Yeah.... I know what you mean... they *ARE* pretty sneaky, aren't they?

What "operation?"

Do you intend to prove that Mossad caused the earthquake?

Yes, well, something along those lines.

Nuclear weapons buried along a fault line can have that effect.

Any proof please, as we think that is one of the possibilities that needs to be included in any definitive analysis of this catastrophe.

Ironically, the only proof one would be able to gather, would be radiation readings from the site.

Again, some sort of proof, and some qualifying links to support your assertion that you know what "they," in particular, want...

They want all nations to be under the yolk of the international central banking cartel... I would have thought that this was obvious to all with eyes.

Honestly, this IS a conspiracy site... did you not read any of the previous threads since the sites inception?

edit on 27-4-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What specific information do you possess that the Iranian Central Bank is even a minor player in world markets, considering how much of their available cash is 'on hold' in U.S. banks?

It's not about how big a player Iran is in the international markets, it's that they issue their own currency free of debt to the Global Central Bankers.

and there are precious few nations who still do this.

I think the list is something like: Iran, China, North Korea, and maybe Russia.

Iraq USED to be on the list, as did Libya.....

Until.... yeah....

Or do you intend to infer that Mossad had something to do with 'computer malfunction?'

Hmmmm... computer malfunction?

Oh, you mean that an Israeli firm was under contract to provide security for the Fukushima plants?

www.haaretz.com... solari.com...
theuglytruth.wordpress.com...

BTW, we are merely interested in a learning experience, certainly not a flame-fest so please do not take our tone in a negative way.

Of course! and if you would be so kind as to return the favour to me as well!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hey!!!! I should have done that!!! Posted what levels are good and notSogood. Thanks for giving me the idea. That would make this a truly informative post. I'm learning how to make a thread that doesn't make the OG's of ATS despise me...along w/ abiding by the rules and having the best thread that I can make. I'll find that info tomorrow and post it. You have been truly respectful and more then kind to me. Tysm...it seems that we are forgetting how to listen and respect each other.

I also want to thank the guy I yelled at...I thought you were saying I was intentualy trying to scare people. Quite the opposite. I want the truth that they are hiding from us....THANKGOD for ATS..EY?

Thanks again...I'm so appreciative! Honestly

edit on 28-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok...here's some great info on radiation....

www.blacksmithinstitute.org...

It depends who you ask.  Some people will say no amount is safe, but that doesn’t really help us understand the relative dangers.  Here are some basic numbers to use as a guide (μSv means microSieverts):
10 μSv – The average radiation you received today
40 μSv – The radiation you receive by taking a flight from New York to L.A.
100 μSv – The radiation you receive during a dental x-ray
800 μSv – Total radiation dose at Three-Mile Island for the duration of the accident
3,000 μSv – Radiation dose from a mammogram
3,600 μSv – Average radiation a US citizen receives in a year from all sources
50,000 μSv – Maximum allowable yearly occupational dose (USA)
100,000 μSv – Lowest yearly dose likely linked to increased cancer risk
2,000,000 μSv – Severe radiation poisoning (sometimes fatal)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Depending on your location, your elevation or altitude, and your model of Geiger counter, this background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM, and while background radiation levels are random, it would be unusual for those levels to exceed 100 CPM.  Thus, the "Alert Level" for the National Radiation Map is 100 CPM, so if you see any Monitoring Stations with CPM value above 100, further indicated by an Alert symbol over those stations, it probably means that some radioactive source above and beyond background radiation is responsible.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think this story fits perfectly w/ what I wanted to accomplish here...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Another useful thread......

Japan declares huge Emergency....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
......this thread by fellow ATS members talks about golf coast poisoning....oil spill?? Probably...but...
What if they get hit by Japan's radiation? Double jeopardy.....they want to depopulate the world....they're doing great by taking advantage of natural disasters....and of course man- made disasters....thanks Cheney and of course Japan for building a Nuke plant on EQ prown land.....and to the Military's of the world along w/ nuke Scienctist for not coming together and doing something concerning the reactors burning and melting down...and let's appauld the Country that appears to have caused the quake w/ HARRP or HARRP like technology....

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
.... Heres another thread I found w/ great info for testing Radition....the last couple pages at the time of this post has what you need. I don't agree w/ the opening OP remarks....I think she said she's in Tokyo and so far all readings are normal...I find that impossible to believe and will scout out facts tomorrow.

edit on 29-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
...and another

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Not sure if this has been posted to ATS as of yet but I think it's a solid piece and have chosen to support your thread with it Trace. Always good to see you contributing here amoungst us.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
ALERT:

This could be very important info you need to be aware of...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ty Randy...what a nice compliment. Really appreciated!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sooo....

Has anyone detected local radiation levels above normal background?

I'll bet theres many doomongers out there who (1) don't possess equipment to test the reality themselves or (2) if they did test and not find any significant increases they wouldn't report it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Sooo....

Has anyone detected local radiation levels above normal background?

I'll bet theres many doomongers out there who (1) don't possess equipment to test the reality themselves or (2) if they did test and not find any significant increases they wouldn't report it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

yesterday morning, 102 CPM from a rain swipe off of my truck window, that's about 3-4 times background. last week i got 150CPM from a rain swipe. there are people recording much higher numbers in the US and UK.

if you're interested more in learning some facts and less in ridiculing people, i invite you to check out some threads.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.nti.org...
Audit Confirms EPA Radiation Monitors Broken During Fukushima Crisis

Basically Radnet and the others weren't accurate readings.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I really appreciate all those that have come together to work as a team....whether we get good or bad readings..we're taking it upon ourselves to take action instead of waiting for the corrupt WH to come and tell us the truth.

Really really appreciate the help!!!

Black ;0)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
5/5/2012 -- SIGN THE WHITEHOUSE PETITION -- Shut down nuclear reactors like Japan

Please visit link for all details

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join