It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the CNN Ron Paul article.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
CNN has an interesting article about Ron Paul that discusses his campaign and the people that support him. The only unusual part was the fact they did it. But something the author said jumped out at me and made me think WTF..

For Paul's true believers, a study in American optimism

-- he is still hoping to challenge the presumptive nominee Romney at the GOP convention in Tampa this summer, but party rules may not even allow his name on the ballot --

What is this rule?
People have claimed that the delegate numbers are wrong and many delegates will be voting RP at Tampa. But if he's not on the ballot who do they vote for?
edit on 26-4-2012 by Toolatetotalk because: Spelling Error

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

In your link, they state

Paul is also up against an RNC rule, Rule 40, that states a candidate must have received a plurality of votes in five states in order to even be considered at the convention. Paul has yet to receive a plurality in one state.

I would imagine this would be what they are speaking of.

Here is the actual text of Rule 40.

RNC rule No. 40(b) states: Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a plurality of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: Added RNC Rule 40

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yup Ron Paul hasn't won any states yet, well maybe Iowa...But that's a big if and by a slim margin at best. So there you have it. Ron Paul needs to win a majority in five states to get to the convention. I was hoping he could go there actually so he could bow to Romney like all the rest

And I also wanted to hear him retire. That was his plan all along btw! Shh....It's a secret

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Keep in mind the plurality needed is not the "straw polls" but the number of delegates awarded, where he needs a majority from 5 states.

And actually he has won Iowa, Minnesota and now also looking good in Pennsylvania, where he will get at least 10 delegates (and Romney has zero atm). Also Washington is pretty much guaranteed, as well as Maine. So thats 5 already.

Furthermore, most states have not even selected the delegates yet, so more are incoming, for sure. He will be on the ballot, even admitted by Fox News.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Does that mean winning the caucas or thye poll that doesnt mean anything......if its caucus,,the Ron has won plenty odf states,,,,,,,,minnessota, Iowa, N.Dakota,,Virgin islands.....Fox news says he is good to go on the ballot.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
CNN's article is pure propaganda, they would know what the actual text is, that you need the plurality of delegates, and yet the article clearly states the "plurality of votes." Also, I like how the article speaks of the "mathematical" impossibility that Paul will get anywhere by the time of the convention.

Originally posted by Daemonicon
Here is the actual text of Rule 40.

RNC rule No. 40(b) states: Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a plurality of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: Added RNC Rule 40

Thank you for posting the actual text of Rule 40. I thought it was already decided some time ago that Paul had the delegate wins to be a part of the convention already, but apparently many people are still in doubt. Anyways, those of us who are paying attention, and who aren't defeatists or shills, know that Paul will get his place in the convention, and isn't out of this thing yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I guess we all had better get in touch with our reps in each state to rectify that situation right away! We can not let the criminals legislate RP out of contention with simple party rules!

top topics

join