It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus did not exist: we have all been fooled!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Check another one off the list for Matthew 24. David Icke got his start claiming he was the Son of God. Are you sure you want to believe this false christ?

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
"Jesus" as imagined by the Abrahamic religions might not have áctually existed, but the epoch the new-testament writes about was rife with visionaries and prophets. Stuff was happening.

I have NO doubt whatsoever that the whole "Jesus"-thing is rooted in reality. A certain "hippy" or bunch of hippies have made súch an impact on the oral history in that region, that it could not be ignored by the writers of the New-testament, and they wrote it down the way they heard it.

The "Jesus" figure, or derivates of it, is mentioned in too many works, éven Roman works. A rebel rouser, or group of them would have móst certainly gotten the attention of the Roman occupation-force.

Must have been an interesting time, where an occupied people spawned a completely new paradigm and Philosophy, partially as resistance to the Romans, partly as a true change in thought and Culture..

I also cannot keep myself from wondering whát parts of the original stories that became the bible, were scratched because they didn't fit-in with what the (later) Catholic church had in mind.
edit on 4/27/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Jesus might be a metaphor for the mushroom (forbidden fruit of knowledge)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Ugh.. I am one of those hated atheísts, but I too bálk at the things Icke blabbers about. He's a semi-nutter that found a nice way of bamboozling money out of the pockets of nono's. His theories are nuttier than the secret stash of a squirrel....

"False Prophet"? Feh.. not even close, just a flim-flam-man.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

David Icke is a fool peddling psuedo science for cash and anyone that believes his b.s. is stupid. You want "compelling evidence"? Try archeaology, at least Archeaology has substance. If Yeshua didn't exist and it was all a lie then why did archeaologists find the tomb of Simon Peter (Simon bar Jonah) with Yeshua's name carved into his ossuary? You people will clutch at anything to deny the existence of Christ to justify your own wicked ways. Not only did they find Simon Peter the Apostle's tomb they found Mary, Martha and Lazarus' family tomb. All of which had Yeshua's name carved into their ossuaries signifying they belong to him. For someone who supposedly didn't exist, people in his time period who actually knew him seemed to believe he did exist

Not only that but the jewish Talmud that is anti-Yeshua confirms he was nailed to a tree for what they called blasphemy and even jews acknowledge he did exist if they do not acknowledge his claims.
edit on 27-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I like to imagine Jesus as a rebel without a cause.

well a rebel during his times

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083
I like to imagine Jesus as a rebel without a cause.

well a rebel during his times

You don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by TomServo

Originally posted by TomServo

They're not right in the first place.

Say's the Kopite.

Makes no difference! He said British goalkeepers, ours is Spanish.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The beatitudes, as written in the New Testament:

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

What is the basic message of the above? It is this:

Be nice to people, and don't fling about any sh#t. Think nice thoughts. Live your life in pain and suffering. Don't worry, you'll be rewarded later for suffering your whole life. If you fight back, you'll probably be persecuted; but don't worry, because if that happens you'll be rewarded in the afterlife.

Sorry, but I do not think I was put on this Earth to suffer my whole life. I am no longer going to acquiesce to the church, or any other doctrine of mass enslavement.

It is so clear to me now that the church is a control system, and the bible offers a completely fabricated description of why man is now docile and meek. Mankind is nowhere near as powerful as it used to be, because we have been systematically castrated by the powers that be, including extraterrestrials.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

No proof anywhere in historical books that Jesus ever existed. Yet the Egyptians left a brochure on how to skin chickens... There were many philosophers that lived in Jesus' time, yet none of them mention Jesus one time.

Uhm, that's because people have been calling him by the wrong name. His birth name was Yeshua bar Josef, closer to Joshua, son of Joseph, than Jesus, son of Joseph. Where do they get the name "Jesus" from anyway? Poorly translated Hebrew and Greek texts.

How embarrassing to not know the real name of the deity you worship.

(Think they'll do a "search and replace"? Too late for that now. That'd be admitting they are wrong.)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Have YOU looked into his reliability in this business? And he was a tennis player who went "physic".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Have YOU looked into his reliability in this business? And he was a tennis player who went "physic".

David Icke was a football goalkeeper but his arthritis cut short his career
Then a sports journalist for the
Then head of the Green Party
Then he met a Psychic and the rest is history

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Titus Josephus would like to have some words with David Icke.

Seriously, Alex Jones has nothing on David Icke. Talk about a loony.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To be fair David Icke freely talks about the Wogan interview and admitted he was going through a psychological break down at the time
How many times have you heard some on ATS claim they are God and that we are all God or something similar.
Sure David Icke has some weird and wacky idea - He would fit in nicely at ATS
But I think you would be hard pressed to defeat him in a debate
Easy to attack others that are not here to answer back
The thread is not about Icke but about the claim that Jesus did not exist and we have been fooled
If he actually said that on the video - Did he actually say that on the video - wonder how many have watched it and how many have just attacked the character of Icke
I personally do not mind if someone has nutty ideas if they truly believe them

edit on 27-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 27-4-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Care to slag off any other person besides Icke and Jones
If you want to point fingers look in the mirror

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

IMO - - it is very important to clarify - - "Biblical Mystical Jesus" and "Factual Jesus".

There was a real Jesus. There was also a real Johnny Appleseed.

The difference is in: "FACT" and "MYTH".

IMO - - the religion Christianity is built on a myth - - a complete fabrication via interpretation of possible real events.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

IMO - - it is very important to clarify - - "Biblical Mystical Jesus" and "Factual Jesus".

IMO - - the religion Christianity is built on a myth - - a complete fabrication via interpretation of possible real events.

While I respectfully disagree with your assumption about the religious aspect of him, you are dead on here about the difference.

Unfortunately, Mr. Icke and a certain few of his sycophants apparently aren't quite up your level of intelligence.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think the writings of the New testament are good writings. Sort of like a Hippie handbook. I don't think that the writings in the new testament reinforce the actions of the misled people that killed off the American Indians and other civilizations around the world. The New testament does not tell us to hate Muslims either. I think people are seeing what they want to see in these writings. Many of my friends are Christians and they are good people. Of course there are going to be bad ones also.

I see proof in an ancient writing that Jesus existed. It's important to know that a persons name often changed to a different name in different area of the world. when you moved the name was translated to another name. My family name has that trait, sort of like assumed names. In India, Italy, and Finland my family name is the same and in other areas of Asia and Europe it has other names. This may be why Jesus's name was not found there. When the Christians overthrew other religions they may have actually overthrew the same religion. Maybe that's why some people easily blended into Christianity.

The Alchemists have kept records of all this and if I am interpreting what I have read right they say Jesus existed about 1500 years BC. Articles say somehow our historical timeframe got screwed up during the dark ages. I don't personally know any real traditional Alchemists that understand the history. I'd like to talk to one someday

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Like myth all facts can be interpreted as the interpretor wishes.
Icke points out the belief system of others that use symbology
But it begs an answer to the statement yet to be answered - "Jesus did not exist: we have all been fooled!!!"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Annee

While I respectfully disagree with your assumption about the religious aspect of him, you are dead on here about the difference.

Unfortunately, Mr. Icke and a certain few of his sycophants apparently aren't quite up your level of intelligence.

/TOA

Icke is basically a reporter. He talks to people all over the world and then reports on their myths - stories - beliefs - etc.

How YOU or anyone else - - - interprets/receives this information - - - is fully YOUR OWN responsibility.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join