It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So is it the extremeist muslims that have sex with dead people... or is it the moderates?

Its getting so hard to tell these days.....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500

Egypt’s Islamist-dominated parliament is set to introduce a law allowing husbands to have sex with their dead wives up to six hours after death. Critics fear it highlights a trend of increasingly anti-female legislation since the Arab Spring. ­The “farewell Intercourse” bill was inspired by a Fatwa issued by a Moroccan cleric last year. Zamzami Abdul Bar said that since the two would meet in Heaven again anyway, death shouldn’t get in the way of one last post-mortem marital romp.

RT NEWS

I believe religious matters should be the responsibility of the Grand Mufti of Egypt, and not some Morrocan nutcase.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm sure Freddy from Irvin Welsh's "Ecstasy" would enjoy this legislation. He was a necrophiliac rascal and indulged his pleasure for purely non-religious reasons. I guess such deviants should carry a copy of the Koran in future, lest they be caught defenceless in the act.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
And +1 to Banning religion in state and government..
SHOULD not and must NOT be allowed...

"Thou MUST be true to thy wife even in death"

If you screw around when shes gone, you will
face a stoning.....Since whes up there keeping
her eyes on you.....................................

NOOOOOT

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thats DISGUSTING!! Six hours??? She would be cold as... Maybe if it was within twenty minutes then yea sweet she'd still be warm.

Maybe i could start a business selling death lube, and providing a death oven to warm their beloved up for one last session on the tunnel ride. Would charge heaps tho of course.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
What's wrong with it? Just ensure that they are doing it in the coffin as it goes through the crematorium : )

hahahaha too many vampire movies!!! They better keep this stuff in Egypt or Morrocco and not try to import it into the States. Just too morbid and creepy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
Does England have a law that states you can have sex with the deceased? Or other countries . . .

Actually yes in sorts.
btw
This has absolutely nothing to due with culture.
This is about lawyers debating the confines of a legal marriage.
Here in Canada, the debate was about the legality
of a spouse having sex with the partner who suffered
from dementia; Gross as it may be, but would it be legal ? ? ?
If you can not address these questions without being
immature in your replies then you have no wisdom to tackle
law, religion or politics.
It's about the justice, and reality.
Hypothetically, should a spouse be charged and given a jail term
under any of these circumstances ?
Posters here were so quick to comment, yet no one has
been mature enough to address the legal implications of such
a hypothetical situation. I've only read knee-jerk half witted
comments so far.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

H O A X

Egypt 'necrophilia law'? Hooey, utter hooey.

The feeding frenzy of anti-Muslim hatred in this thread is deplorable. Not one of the members fulminating against Muslims and Egyptians bothered to check if the story was actually true. It suited their vile prejudices, so they just swallowed it whole.

What a disgusting rabble of racists and hysterics comes out of the woodwork of ATS at times like this.

edit on 27/4/12 by Astyanax because: I'm so angry I can't spell.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yours and the post above sound like typically programmed responses to me. There's always room for humour when genitals and deviant sexual practices are concerned. I for one would have reacted similarly regardless of the names, religions, cultures, race of the people in a story like this. It happens to be Egypt and muslims in this case. It could have been anyone, anywhere and I'm sure most responses could still be described as titillation. And perhaps titillation is the best response to such an absurd story. Your claim that it is false, only justifies the manner in which it was treated on this board.
edit on 27-4-2012 by jannerfish because: being illiter....speling

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Alarabiya.net

Very good point....It doesn't seem to be an example of a law thats 'anti-female'...Not that laws that would fit in that category don't exist in many Middle Eastern countries, because they do........But this particular one doesn't seem to.....

Not anti women's rights.....It's just gross!

I don't see what the fuss is about....So someone wants to have one last night in the sack before their significant other is buried....How's that hurting anyone? It's certainly not hurting the corpse! It's already dead!

That said....My only other thoughts on this matter are.......EWWWWWW!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ask skorp he will tell you questioning a higher up muslim is a no no and could bring on a death penallty or Jihad

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ew, ew, ew, ew....

I love my wife, and if she died I would miss her.

Not that much though...

LMAO...that was a classic post.
This is just weird and uncivilized, if true that is.

edit on 09/30/2010 by antmax21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

In New Zealand, the 1989 Crimes Bill considered abolishing
bestiality as a criminal offense,
and instead viewing it as a mental health issue.
Sex with animals is illegal in 35 of 48 states in u.s.,
does that mean it is legally in the other 13 states ? ? ?
All these need to be addressed when it comes to law.
. . . only the ignorant who just don't get it would rather believe
in a big bad bogeyman and feed on prejudiced flaming.
A test to see how many
naive-sheeples still exist ? *sigh*

edit on 27/4/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hi Asti
Your quote "What a disgusting rabble of racists and hysterics comes out of the woodwork of ATS at times like this. "

Definitely, I reckon ALL religions are just as bad as each other. And I'm not sure if that is racist as religion is world wide. If it IS racist thinking that all religions are as bad as each other, then I guess I'm racist at every country that has religion. What REALLY surprises me is the amount of people in the USA who seem to be religious. For an enlightened country, they sure have a funny way of showing it.

And when I hear people like Hannity and O'Reilly spout their pro religious hetoric it shows me that the MSM is full of bullsh*t.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
oops, rhetoric sorry about that, I have trouble with my r's on the computer. Many times it won't work

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
A lot of the posters here have been quick to turn this into an "islamic thing"... as if Islamic law called for it. They have all missed the point that it was the idea of some Moroccan "cleric".

Heres a quote from someone on the comments section on the source page at rt.com

The basis of Islamic law is Koran and not a Moroccan Pseudo Scholar. The media should exercise fact checking before spreading these baseless rumor. Why on earth someone whether Muslim, Christian or Atheist even think of having sex rather than trying to save someone or bereaving a loss. Both who asked this question to the fake scholar and the so called scholar are depraved.

Islam pays emphasis on burying the dead body fast, holding back someones remains for upto six hours for such depravity will be unimaginable. Secondly, according to many Muslim traditions - when a wife dies, the worldly relations between husband and wife finish and according to those traditions it isn't allowed for the Muslim man to give her the final ritual bath, which only women can give.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

I don't think there is any way this law will be passed. Anyone with a legislature anywhere will know that nutty legislation can be and frequently is introduced, but usually it doesn't get passed.

This proposition is so absurd I am having trouble believing that it isn't some kind of hoax.

If I were in the police department anywhere a law like this was being proposed I would take everyone in for questioning.

This just in: The ISAPC (International Society of Pernicious Crackpots) has lifted Zamzami Abdul Bari's credentials to be a crackpot in Morocco. The world governing body that oversees crackpot activity across the globe had no further comment pending the results of an inquiry.

edit on 27-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
If I were in the police department anywhere a law like this was being proposed I would take everyone in for questioning.

but, under a just law system, hypothetically should a husband be jailed
for having sex with his dead wife ? ? ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I would bring the lawmakers proposing this legislation in for questioning related to causing Islam to be brought into disrepute.

As far as the actual fact of the sexual activity is concerned, many countries have laws against performing an indignity to a corpse.

edit on 27-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join