It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Necrophilia?
oh no not another dead boring thread

I dont think I could do it.
Perhaps its a way of preparing the heros over there, for their 72 virgins.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Some how, I think this says more about the man willing to do such a thing, than it does about a society willing to pass such a law....

Just what it says, I am not sure, but I doubt it is anything good.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I really hope that this reply does not get lost amongst the ruckus.

Originally posted by Jordan River
I think we need a muslim to comment

I am an ex-Muslim, and although I disagree with the religion more than I agree with it, perhaps I can help shed some light on this morbidly disgusting edict.

Bid'ah is the act of introducing new innovations into the religion of Islam. When a new edict is introduced into the religion that has no precedent set by the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad, it is considered a bid'ah.

"Every bid'ah is an innovation. Each innovation is a misguidance and leading astray. And every misguidance leads to the Hell Fire."

Bidah.com

To change or add to the religion of Islam is considered a serious offense and sin. This is why Islam appears to be "stuck in the medieval dark ages."

Muhammad's first wife Khadijah passed away, and Muhammad did not have sex with her dead corpse. Muhammad never propagated necrophilia, and Allah in the Qur'an never condoned such reasoning.

These Egyptian clerics do not represent Islam, as necrophilia has NEVER been a part of the established religion. These guys are seriously sick....

Peace.

This "Farewell Sex" is NOT supported by a single verse of the Qur'an or by any action or saying of Muhammad.

"Farewell Sex" is an invention of these Egyptian clerical politicians, just as much as Westboro Baptist, the Ku Klux Klan, and Jeremiah Alvesta Wright add their personal opinions into their Christian Churches.

"Farewell Sex" is not endorsed by Islam. It is a creation of those Egyptian political clerics PERIOD.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Maybe 1 hour, but 6??? Haha, I agree this is a bit over the top, even for an "under-developed" society, but the problem is that they aren't even that "under-developed". To be honest this is just weird. I've done some weird stuff in my short time here on Earth, but this definitely isn't one of them, nor is it something I've ever even considered, and I'm sure this is true for the majority.

I too do not see this being very popular, because lets face it, you have to be pretty messed up psychologically to get turned on by dead people. Even if they were your spouse. With the way women are treated over there, just "get" another one, right? Pretty disgusting is my conclusion.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I really hope that this reply does not get lost amongst the ruckus.

Originally posted by Jordan River
I think we need a muslim to comment

I am an ex-Muslim, and although I disagree with the religion more than I agree with it, perhaps I can help shed some light on this morbidly disgusting edict.

Bid'ah is the act of introducing new innovations into the religion of Islam. When a new edict is introduced into the religion that has no precedent set by the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad, it is considered a bid'ah.

"Every bid'ah is an innovation. Each innovation is a misguidance and leading astray. And every misguidance leads to the Hell Fire."

Bidah.com

To change or add to the religion of Islam is considered a serious offense and sin. This is why Islam appears to be "stuck in the medieval dark ages."

Muhammad's first wife Khadijah passed away, and Muhammad did not have sex with her dead corpse. Muhammad never propagated necrophilia, and Allah in the Qur'an never condoned such reasoning.

These Egyptian clerics do not represent Islam, as necrophilia has NEVER been a part of the established religion. These guys are seriously sick....

Peace.

Thank you for such an interesting insight. It's good to have a straight forward explanation to promote a better understanding.
I can see that true Islam would not condone such actions based on what you say.

Following that I can perhaps draw the following conclusions.

(A) This now global news report is prefabricated in order to incite anti Islam attitudes toward the new Islam based government that we know many world powers disapprove.

(B) If true this cleric has some very strange personal views but I cannot see how the rest of the governing party would even entertain such a law. The government must surely know that this would cause outrage.

Based on the general consensus of reaction, I would be inclined to think that this may well be orchestrated anti Islam propaganda simply because it sounds too disgusting to be true.

If this is the case then someone is doing a very good job.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

seems Islam is all about self satisfaction

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Someone would want to do it with a dead body?????

God, I am the only sane one on this chunk of rock????

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

A dead body is a shell.

Strange, to feel the coldness of death and get off on it.

To know that you are not giving enjoyment to the other party, again, I'm getting old and ready to leave this warped, twisted, invaded world.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You can group this in with their other crazy beliefs like"honor killings", stonings and killing infidels. How can people even remotely believe in this?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Sometimes, something is so bad as to reach the level of evil and at that point to not stop it is even more evil. Evil does exist and sometimes it's societal or cultural

Agreed, but I wonder if there are situations where we have tried and tried with little to no success, and must finally conclude that we cannot change what is so concrete and so absolutely resistant to change. Perhaps there comes a time when we must say "This is your culture. You figure it out". It might take another hundred years for change.

In the meantime,do we keep sending our young people over to be killed? You said yourself in a previous post it wasn't suppose to turn out this way. But the worse case scenario came into being, anyway. Again, and again.

If we could manage it with diplomacy, that would be awesome. But I think we gave up on that decades ago, don't you? What do you suggest?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Lets see obama support islam now, wow I have to say islam is of the devil. I've said it before and I'll say it again I believe in God but I don't believe in modern religion.

link   
I've tried to do so more digging on this but not much is available.

Here is an excert from The Muslims Debate website where the poster discusses the Fatwa back in May 2011.

Self proclaimed Imam and Islamic scholar Mr. Zamzami AbdelBari, got himself in hot water and quite a bit of ridicule when he delivered a most unusual - some characterize it as depraved- Yes, we do have a freak show going on these days. But none of our Monstres Sacrés can match the latest Fatwa published by the (respected) Islamic Scholar and member of the religious establishment, Abdelbari Zemzami. He basically allows sexual intercourse with a corpse. Yes. Necrophilia is now Halal in Morocco by the grace of Alem Zemzami. I should perhaps be more specific in Zemzami’s Fatwa: he allows the widowed husband to have sexual intercourse with the corpse of his deceased wife. The Fatwa does not say whether it reciprocates for a woman (although I suspect even with rigor mortis, it will not do) nor does it specify how many hours after the wife’s death a man can still, you know… perform their marital duties. If it was not for the scholar’s level of seniority, I would dismiss this fatwa as yet another deranged, lonely individual who did not get some for a while. But this is Zemzami. And it is a Fatwa from an official of the Habous ministry. If indeed such Fatwa is genuine.

Below is an image of the man himself.

It is a very interesting article FULL TEXT HERE

The article was reproduced on another blog and one poster replied >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

B*%*%*$ says: 29/01/2012 at 02:03 I think it is rather sweet of him. Islam is a faith which closely regulates personal behaviour and I suspect that many devout Muslims work on the basis “if it is not permitted, it is forbidden.” I suspect that imam Zemzani had had to comfort and council many grieving husbands – as part of his normal pastoral work – where the man has expressed the desire to make love to his newly dead wife for one last time – the ultimate in farewells – but feared it would be a sin to do so. I suspect that the imam has told these husbands individually that what they want to do is OK – after all she was / is the man’s wife – provided she is recently dead. After all, it takes several hours for the dead to grow cold and a bit longer before rigor mortis sets in. Why should a loving and bereft husband not take advantage of this “window” ? You may consider such permission unnecessary – I assume it is in Western secular society – we do things anyway without feeling the need for official permission, but I hope the imam’s ruling will bring a lot of comfort to a lot of grieving husbands.

To date this is the only comment that I have seen that supports such action.

edit on 26-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Sahabi

*Star*!
Great post. Thank you, and I believe you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Have you ever had sex with an Arab woman?

When they're in bed, it's really hard knowing whether they're alive or dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

You can group this in with their other crazy beliefs like"honor killings", stonings and killing infidels. How can people even remotely believe in this?

I believe that this is probably a Fatwa issued by one man with rather tainted ideals.

I do not for one minute believe that this is endorsed by Islam in general.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I would rephrase that. Yes that is disgusting, but ''Islam'' did not make it, nor do ''Muslims'' seem to be all for it either. This is some idiotic person coming up with a ''fatwah''. It is not the fault of Muslims, or Islam, just the misguided fools who follow what this guy is doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Hahaha, no worries, I just noticed you covered what I said in my reply minutes ago

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
GROSS!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosniaque

Okay, Egypt isn't even playing games about being secular anything, anymore. Their policies and laws are, as they're saying themselves. coming to be based on Sharia law and that is 100% hard core Islam based. It isnt' secular. Not even as a joke. Mubarak was secular as much as humanly possible..but Mubarak was a LOOOOOOONG year ago.

So... If Egypt now figures Necrophilia is cool, then I'm sorry if it offends, but send a nasty note to the Egyptian Embassy near you. You also seem to be taking great offense at the term for what this is. Necrophilia. It's accurate and I know no other term used to describe sex with a dead body. Under ANY circumstances. So... It is what it is and who has decreed this to be acceptable DOES reflect on the religion they claim to follow and represent.

Again.... Problems ought to be directed to the Embassy of Egypt.Shooting the messengers out here who simply find what they *HAVE DONE* as outright vile and obscene doesn't change the acts this condones.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I can see atheists saying that morally there is nothing wrong with necrophilia.
Its just dead meat and the person using the body is enjoying the act so what harm can there be.

Its not just a religious issue. Hey why cant somebody marry a cadaver, she/he wont say no!

and no I am not suggesting all atheists think that way as all Muslims dont either.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

No, not all Muslims, you are right. Not even close to all. The Muslims I have personal met and known in my life would be as quick to condem this as I am. They aren't currently among the fanatic fringe taking power in Egypt though, either. They have nothing to do with how that fringe is gaining power and influence all over the region and in the direct name of Islam.

If Islam is against this, I'd really ask why the majority who find it terrible aren't standing right beside the rest of us calling it what it is. Vile... bordering on the outright evil and inhuman.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join