It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Dude change your troll avatar, get over it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seems to me, in the normal state of events, a man would be in emotional distress within six hours of his wife's passing. Why would anyone equate bereavement with leading to a state of sexual arousal? "yep, my wife died, and boy I sure am horney!"

It doesn't make sense. Who ever thought of this is one sick puppy.

If their counterparts in the US try this, they will go to jail. Necrophilia is illegal here, as well it should be.
edit on 4/26/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosniaque
funny how everybody ignores my reply just so they can keep on bashing Islam...

you people sicken me

Perhaps because your previous post was so off topic as to be nonsensical, without a shred of proof in what you say. The fact is, this "law" was preceded by a "Fatwah," which is an Islamic cleric's declaration of what is right and proper to do. It stems out of an Islamic interpretation. You appear to be an apologist for Islam.

I'm sorry that "we" sicken you, but Islamic apologists in general sicken me. This is a serious issue that is being overlooked out of the apparent need to be politically correct and accommodating. It is anti-ethnocentricism run amok, and something the forces of Islam are taking advantage of. If the Western World does not take a cold, hard, unemotional look at the consequences here you will be enjoying Sharia Law in your community and marrying your daughters off at 14 as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
this just cant be real..

seriously?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OMG! It's sad how man corrupts God's word. They will reap the consequences in the end no doubt.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I really hope that this reply does not get lost amongst the ruckus.

Originally posted by Jordan River
I think we need a muslim to comment

I am an ex-Muslim, and although I disagree with the religion more than I agree with it, perhaps I can help shed some light on this morbidly disgusting edict.

Bid'ah is the act of introducing new innovations into the religion of Islam. When a new edict is introduced into the religion that has no precedent set by the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad, it is considered a bid'ah.

"Every bid'ah is an innovation. Each innovation is a misguidance and leading astray. And every misguidance leads to the Hell Fire."

Bidah.com

To change or add to the religion of Islam is considered a serious offense and sin. This is why Islam appears to be "stuck in the medieval dark ages."

Muhammad's first wife Khadijah passed away, and Muhammad did not have sex with her dead corpse. Muhammad never propagated necrophilia, and Allah in the Qur'an never condoned such reasoning.

These Egyptian clerics do not represent Islam, as necrophilia has NEVER been a part of the established religion. These guys are seriously sick....

Peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I feel sorry For Bin Ladens wives all they would have to do is move to Egypt and have "a good time".

But sickest thing i have ever heard.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why is this under middle east issues ?
There have been several cases in the U.S. where Morticians have done this.
Morals and ethics aside, if there is no law that clearly states that type of behavior is not acceptable, then no law is broken. I'm not saying it's ok or right, but check your own states laws.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Because the majority of sex laws in this Us are banning sexual acts.

There they are trying to make a law saying they can.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by studio500

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Well that would have to be after Rigor Mortis sets in. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

As bad as this is. They wouldn't have to wait to long. Unless you have had the non pleasure of seeing a lot of dead people you wouldn't know about this. In the business we call it Angel Lust. AKA death erection. Check it out...They say it's only happens in tramatic deaths.

LINK

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
sounds rather unpleasant. i can't envisage anyone having either the urge or the inclination to 'embrace' their dead partner in such a fashion. but i suppose it take all sorts.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Talk about "just laying there".

Second.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wow, just when I thought things couldn't get any sicker, now we have this? Ew . . . ew and freaking ew.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by Bosniaque

Islam is under attack, surely you can see this.

I think...with good reason this time around!

I don't really care who it is...the morality behind this needs attacking!
edit on 26-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

I agree with Jerry....Any 'religion' that treats women as property and can kill them in so-called honor killing SHOULD be under attack! The American way I learned is there is no honor in killing innocents but it seems that being born a girl is enough for this 'religion' to let the males decide if she can go to school, how she can dress, who she can date... etc. No it is you Islamic fanatics that make ME sick!
edit on 26-4-2012 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Let's keep things in perspective though, Americans for the main part have killed a lot of innocent Arabian women and children too the last decade.In the name of freedom.

We Westerners have a more moral society maybe, but that doesn't stop our leaders from dropping bombs on civilians, and soldiers raping and shooting them.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I cant even be arsed reading through all the comments but !
"Until death do us part" comes to mind. Until means before they die NOT after. So adds to the conclusion amongst other weird things the far east seem to want to preach. If not happy with the under age sex and now they want sex after death.
Oh come on.
what is the world coming to..
Maybe a imminent war might not be a bad thing after all. If only we could Kill the sicko cultures first.

its not long overdue after all.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This piece of news was all over the world. Except for those places that fact-checks things. Some places don't bother to fact-check things about Muslims because they already know they are evil, so why bother looking into stuff? Anyway, many sources are calling this a hoax. But, what is the endgame? Prevent an election in Egypt to keep the Muslim brotherhood at bay? Don't believe everything you're told.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

To say the people of Egypt are far worse off than before is an understatement. The entire region is worse off also. It's a good lesson in be careful what you wish for. Last I read Sharia Law supporters now control 75% of the government. Let's see now, didn't the supporters claim this could not, would not happen? Yes they did. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I think they should be able to have their own law
if they want to vote that law in majority vote who
are we to say anything about it?

That's exactly the same as saying "my neighbor likes to rape three year old children, but it's his property and his child so let him do it".

Do you suppose that the women under Sharia Law want to be executed for being Raped because it is wrong to be raped?

Sometimes, something is so bad as to reach the level of evil and at that point to not stop it is even more evil. Evil does exist and sometimes it's societal or cultural.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Not too sure I'd notice the difference with my wife sometimes!

edit on 26/4/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join