It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosniaque

Islam is under attack, surely you can see this.

I think...with good reason this time around!

I don't really care who it is...the morality behind this needs attacking!
edit on 26-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ok I'll go along out of curiousity. What are they trying to accomplish with this law, and what are the benefits to whom exactly, looking from your perspective?
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosniaque
funny how everybody ignores my reply just so they can keep on bashing Islam...

you people sicken me

Apologies if you feel ignore, it is not intentional on my part, I haven't been able to reply to many people who have also made excellent contributions such as your.

I appreciate input from every angle and everyones views are valid here.

This thread is not about bashing anyone but discussing and expressing thoughts about a topic than many find to be abhorrent to say the least. I'm not knocking any religion just discussing the topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The question is, what does religious low socio economics have to do with necrophilia?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Do we know of Masonic ties inside the government at present?

Firstly, I've mentioned Mubarrak's long rule of Egypt. He has always been good friends with the Western Elite in the past while I know of Egyptians who were not happy with his rule. Mubarrak was nothing short of a dictator, no different than any other and the Western world didn't mind that one bit until the uprisings in the media came to light.
This alone speaks volumes.

I do not know things all too well about the new government, but what I do know is this. The Masonic elite would never allow a formerly controlled government to break loose. Does this make sense to you?

www.rgle.org.uk...

"Freemasonry first appeared in Egypt in around 1798, introduced by French Masons in Napoleon’s conquering armies."

I for one don't agree on many of the inhumane laws concerning the treatment of women, like the stoning for instance, as mentioned by one person, but what I see in this thread is that the whole of Islam is being attacked for something 1 government is doing. It's news like this that Islamophobes are just dying to spread around.

Lastly... unlike some other sections of the forums and topics I've seen... I've noticed that a lot of news is simply treated as if we're living in a world were there are no secret societies and shadow governments.
edit on 26/4/12 by Bosniaque because: removed quotation code

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Ofcourse England doesnt have anything like this. Islam is under attack, surely you can see this.

Your argument here leaves me totally baffled. What do you mean? How is the fact Islam is "under attack" as you put it, relevant at all?? The topic is Egypt willfully and deliberately making it legal to committ Necrophellia as we call it in the west. I dare say, this is one of the most vile and base crimes a human being can ever do in the Western Society..and for rather obvious reasons. We all die someday and NO ONE wants to imagine THIS happening afterward. :eek;

So..... How does anyone's attitude about Islam anywhere in the world actually relate to a law Egypt now has and so much of the world finds repulsive?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think fundamentally many people are expressing their disgust at such a law being introduced as are thousands of Egyptian women right now.

The big question though is will they be listened to?

Will the government listen to the people and not impose this law which to many is abhorrent or will the government ignore those views and impose it anyway?

If the new government are anything like the last the answer will be no regardless of religious origin.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Um .. not to be ... well .... you know ... but would that work??
Anyways .. having dead people being humped ... EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW.

But seriously from what I've read, the ancient history of egypt does have that in it's culture.
The priests who prepared the bodies for the tombs on the West side of the Nile
were notorious for doing this.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Ofcourse England doesnt have anything like this. Islam is under attack, surely you can see this.

Your argument here leaves me totally baffled. What do you mean? How is the fact Islam is "under attack" as you put it, relevant at all?? The topic is Egypt willfully and deliberately making it legal to committ Necrophellia as we call it in the west. I dare say, this is one of the most vile and base crimes a human being can ever do in the Western Society..and for rather obvious reasons. We all die someday and NO ONE wants to imagine THIS happening afterward. :eek;

So..... How does anyone's attitude about Islam anywhere in the world actually relate to a law Egypt now has and so much of the world finds repulsive?

Oh come on man... you can't be serious asking me this? Perhaps you are sensible enough to differentiate between what 1 government is doing and Islam in general, but many aren't... or simply don't care as long as they can continue Islamobashing.

edit: take a look at some of the replies...

nasty race of humans? Islam allows for necrophilia? come on......
edit on 26/4/12 by Bosniaque because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The mentality of someone that wants to screw their dead wife is a scary thing indeed.
How messed up do you have to be to do such a thing?
Of course these are the people that arrange a marriage for a one year old girl.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

Ok I'll go along out of curiousity. What are they trying to accomplish with this law, and what are the benefits to whom exactly, looking from your perspective?
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Raising Islamophobia dude, that should be clear. Take a look at the replies some people have posted. Like a bunch of seagulls they've descended down upon this topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

they've descended down upon this topic.

You said it...descended on this topic!

Not Islam!

Like I said earlier...doesn't matter who it is...this is disgusting at best!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
See just when I think nothing can shock me in this world, people do this.

Are moderate Muslims objecting or not?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Alarabiya.net

Yeah, good luck with that. How are they going to get it....umm, well, you know. Blood pressure and all that.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bosniaque

Do we know of Masonic ties inside the government at present?

Firstly, I've mentioned Mubarrak's long rule of Egypt. He has always been good friends with the Western Elite in the past while I know of Egyptians who were not happy with his rule. Mubarrak was nothing short of a dictator, no different than any other and the Western world didn't mind that one bit until the uprisings in the media came to light.
This alone speaks volumes.

I do not know things all too well about the new government, but what I do know is this. The Masonic elite would never allow a formerly controlled government to break loose. Does this make sense to you?

www.rgle.org.uk...

"Freemasonry first appeared in Egypt in around 1798, introduced by French Masons in Napoleon’s conquering armies."

I for one don't agree on many of the inhumane laws concerning the treatment of women, like the stoning for instance, as mentioned by one person, but what I see in this thread is that the whole of Islam is being attacked for something 1 government is doing. It's news like this that Islamophobes are just dying to spread around.

Lastly... unlike some other sections of the forums and topics I've seen... I've noticed that a lot of news is simply treated as if we're living in a world were there are no secret societies and shadow governments.
edit on 26/4/12 by Bosniaque because: removed quotation code

Thank you for sharing that and I will read more into the Masonic links and you do indeed make a valid point.

I don't want this thread to turn into an Islam bashing topic as this appears to be an isolated incident concerning a new government and its people. I do not think that Islam as a whole would agree with the thoughts and ideas of one man and I am certain that one Moroccan cleric does not represent the whole of Islam.

On the other hand though, no matter where the origins of such a law were conceived, they are being put forward by a Muslim Cleric.
I really do wonder if he thought such a law would be embraced by the people or if other powers were behind this in a bid to destabilise the new ruling party.

Either way though, laws like this do little to encourage integration and acceptance of any religion. This is sad because were are told that a better understanding of other religions and beliefs is an essential part of tolerance and understanding between religions, cultures and beliefs.

edit on 26-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

I did read this right........

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So the islamic government made this law to create islamophobia, because Masons are behind them.

You didn't answer all my questions. What for, who benefits from that exactly? Western powers already have control over the most of the Middle East.

What's the point?

I think it would better for you to distance yourself from this stuff instead of coming up with excuses for it and blaming Western powers for it.

I would say you are helping islamophobia here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is there Quranical (if that's the word) basis for this or is he making it up?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have read through all the replies on this post and to be honest I have not seen anyone post anything racist or Islamophobic.

The discussion has remained largely focused on the possible introduction of a new law.

Had the title read

Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in America

Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in England

Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Sudan

Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Japan

Or any other country or religious group I think the replies would have been just the same.

This thread is not a personal attack on Islam, it is about the introduction of a law. The fact that it is being suggested by an Islamic based government is irrelevant and may only hold some part in understanding why anyone would want to suggest this.

The main question here and as asked in the original topic is how can such an act be justified?

edit on 26-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

wow is this the americas fault ?

did we drive them to wanna have sex with dead people?

how do muslims expect the rest of the civilized world to take them seriously at all?

they are so stuck in the damm dark ages

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join