It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Maybe this article will help to insert this into the hoax bin, or at least help to anyways, considering there is no factual proof.

FP.com

First, and most infamously, we have the "farewell sex" episode. The story, which was reported in al-Arabiya and the Pulitzer Prize-winning Huffington Post, goes like this: Islamists in the Egyptian parliament were contemplating a bill that would allow husbands to have sex with their wives for six hours after death. The only problem? As the Christian Science Monitor's Dan Murphy writes, the story is "utter hooey." The rumor was initially advanced in an opinion piece by a partisan of deposed President Hosni Mubarak's regime, and caught fire in the international media from there - without anyone doing a basic fact-check.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know, I really try to be the kind of person who says...."It takes all types" but more and more these days I see how having all these different types of people with their viewpoints just keeps us from advancing in positive ways. I can understand Russian customs, German customs, Japanese customs, Spanish customs, etc...... but I have a hard time wrapping my head around anything Muslim. I don't see peace, love, understanding or tolerance anywhere near that "religion", way of life, whatever you want to call it. It's almost as if they have this inbred aversion towards anything positive. An allergy if you will and they want to oppress any other way of life that isn't in accordance with theirs. I just don't get good vibes from those people. Call me politically incorrect all you want, but that's how I see them.

Call me old-fashioned, backwoods, non-progressive, whatever.......but I really don't see the harm in love. If other people do, oh well, it takes all types I guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Sorry, but a persons blog isn't actual proof either. I'm going to have to side with the HP on this one. At least they have a Pulitzer sitting on their shelf. Besides which, you have to admit that a law such as the one the media is purporting to be true isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I really hate to slam one group of people, so please, anyone, give me anything positive that the Muslim religion has done for humanity as a whole.

Consider it a challenge.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Farewell my love...
Afterward he commented his eyes filling with tears. "She seemed the same... really..."

I find this story hard to believe but in the meantime

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by studio500

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Well that would have to be after Rigor Mortis sets in. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Popsicle sticks and duct tape, my friend.... Popsicle sticks and duct tape.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Zamzami Abdul Bari is obviously a tool of some western "intelligence" agency

corpses are haram, unclean in islam
and what if the missus was having her period when she died?

this fatwa is just social engineering
just more subtle than a fatwa allowing an exception for eating bacon
or facing north when praying

then again the social engineering may be directed at
offending western sensibilities
or exacerbating western bigotries
edit on 27-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

WTF dude!!!!! This is really an issue?? The man that brought this up needs to get a psych check asap!! And why are these people taking his "desires" seriously? All I have to say is wtf really...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is not really off topic but any how, I'm from Detroit and a few years back they found 2 dead guys at a funeral home. Turns out 3 guys lived above the funeral home, the 2 guys caught the 3rd guy having sex with the dead people, well not wanting to be caught he killed both of them, they finally figured out what happened and the 3rd guy was prosecuted
This is sick but a while back joking with my wife, I told her if she died I would get some, it would be harder for the woman would have to have the man in position to catch full rigor mortise that is.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Double post, I'm usually only good for one.
edit on 27-4-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So can this be dumped into the hoax bin already? It's a hoax.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

There's no way I'd be able to have sex with any woman who has more hair on her legs than I do! Moustaches don't do anything for me either!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

As a Muslim, I find this wrong on sooo many levels.

Leaving the bizarreness of it, its completely against sexual laws in Islam.

1. You cannot have sex with a dead person. Doesn't matter how or when it happened.

2. You cannot have sex with someone who does not consent. i.e. dead person

3. You cannot have sex with someone you're not married to anymore. Dead people go in this category.

And if the 'Muslims' support this, then I'm sure God's going to bring down His Justice/Anger hammer on them very very hard.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This opens up the "necrophilia" issue. It's kinda crazy who or what makes this laws...

edit on 4/27/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
haha...typical of them Muslims and their "religion / Cult"

I have ZERO respect for them and anything they do. Sex with the dead now......I am not surprised after all
they do it with goats and animals.....but often deny it.

I prefer child killers to the Islamic laws and the way they treat women.....not enough to beat them while they are alive but now defile them while they are dead. Well done.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think with the limited information available we established many pages back that this Fatwa was put forward by one single Moroccan cleric in 2011 and due to a public outcry he made several attempts to back track on his initial personal view and statement that farewell sex should be considered Halal.

This appears to have a factual grounding and it was widely reported at the time by local media.

What cannot and has not been substantiated at all is if this cleric and his alleged fatwa has any relevance to the current Egyptian parliment.
On checking earlier today I could find no reference to this in the Egyptian media nor indeed on the Egypt’s National Council for Womens (NCW) website which I thought was a little strange.

I can see why Mubarak supporters would want to discredit the Muslim Brotherhood by by instigating that such a law was about to be passed. If this proves to be the case then they have done a pretty good job.

However it still remains likely that this Fatwa was indeed issued by a cleric of Islam.
Surely this cleric is answerable to higher powered religious leaders and if such a vile Fatwa was issued and considered to be so highly offensive, they why has no one taken action against this man?

edit on 27-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

As a Muslim, I find this wrong on sooo many levels.

Leaving the bizarreness of it, its completely against sexual laws in Islam.

1. You cannot have sex with a dead person. Doesn't matter how or when it happened.

2. You cannot have sex with someone who does not consent. i.e. dead person

3. You cannot have sex with someone you're not married to anymore. Dead people go in this category.

And if the 'Muslims' support this, then I'm sure God's going to bring down His Justice/Anger hammer on them very very hard.

I don't think for one minute that mainstream Muslims support this at all but I do think that God's justice/Anger should hammer down on the person who suggested this Fatwa if it does indeed turn out to be 100% factual irrespective of race or religion.
edit on 27-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just the thought of this is disgusting. Not sure how normal of a practice this is over there, but unless one's Wife died in a public place, The mentally deranged Husband could just do what he wanted anyway without any sort of law to justify it, am I wrong?

Unless of course they have tests that can show if the wife had intercourse prior to or after death? I dunno, but he still could say she died while having sex, or that they had intercourse earlier that day. The entire thing is just wrong. I think some of these nutcase sickos just want to violate their wives once they know that they are no longer aware in order to prevent them from recognizing their religious flaws. Yes, being a deviant is a religious flaw. In most religions anyway. Course, In my opinion following any man made religion is a flaw as well. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What will it be tonight....?

Live goat or dead woman....?

Decisions..... Decisions.....Decisions...........................

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is good because just maybe a new strain of Ebola virus will come about and "fix" the situation real quick like....

I read a long time ago in the book The Hot Zone that a tribe in Africa that practiced something like this got to see a mutated virus up close. The virus was so deadly that it wiped the whole village in just a few days.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Live goat or dead woman....?

Decisions..... Decisions.....Decisions...........................

Well up until now I thought they only screwed anything that moved...I guess that is not enough so they need to branch out....just saying...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join