It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We have failed as a species...

We deserve an asteroid impact...

*Hanging my head in shame of the world I am a part of...*

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Oh I dont know..the radical right in the US is just as bad on womens liberties..they want to screw her with out her consent while she is still alive!

That's an outrageous comment! If you are referring to abortion rights, then it's not about women, it's about the life of a child from a Catholic's perspective. It is the idea that the life of the child does not matter to the woman which is the point. Other than abortion rights, what did you have in mind?
Last time I checked, the most conservative woman in politics with a high profile had it all, and liberal women and men everywhere completely trashed her. You know who I'm talking about. She hunts in the wilds of Alaska, was a governor of said State, has successful books, a loving husband, kids, home, everything. What more did you want?
edit on 27-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by beezzer

Please, this is not Islam! Please do not blame my religion... Islamic law has GREAT respect of the dead, and desecrating a dead body is illegal according to Islamic law... This is NOT Islam.

I'm not sure the guy "poking around" would consider it desecration of a dead body. More likely they feel they are worshiping the dead person with strong emotional attachment. Either that or they truly are a bunch of sick motherfurs.

They are sick... this is not Islam, in Islam it is considered desecration of a dead body. They can worship what they want but to call it Islam is the most horrid crime they could possibly commit.

AFTER EDIT:

Ok, what I have found is that it has been reported in local media, but the Egyptian Parliament are stating that there are no plans to put this into law, that it is only disinformation spread by those loyal to Mubarak.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

No... you cannot. All religions have extreme sides. There are extremists within Christianity, does this mean we should tar all Christians with the same brush as Christian terrorists

So exactly how does one qualify as an extremist within a given religion ? In Christianity for example, are you saying that those that take the bibles as literal truth are extremists or those that act upon it ?

I personally find the idea of homosexuals being classified as some sort of an abomination or morally deviant etc quite extreme so I would have to conclude that all the xtians that believe this nonsense are extremists.

Is this extremist or just informing the like minded in a rational sober manner ? -----

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Please, this is not Islam! Please do not blame my religion... Islamic law has GREAT respect of the dead, and desecrating a dead body is illegal according to Islamic law... This is NOT Islam.

Um, according to the OP, it sure is.

What is it then, if not Islam?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Having sex with someone who is cold and just lays there..... sounds like my ex wife

I have friends who have lost loved ones and not once i have i heard them say ' I loved her so much that I had to have a quick dabble before she went off'.

This isnt right in any shape or form, and where did they see this in any religious text that this was ok? makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by Sahabi

I really hope that this reply does not get lost amongst the ruckus.

Originally posted by Jordan River
I think we need a muslim to comment

I am an ex-Muslim, and although I disagree with the religion more than I agree with it, perhaps I can help shed some light on this morbidly disgusting edict.

Bid'ah is the act of introducing new innovations into the religion of Islam. When a new edict is introduced into the religion that has no precedent set by the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad, it is considered a bid'ah.

"Every bid'ah is an innovation. Each innovation is a misguidance and leading astray. And every misguidance leads to the Hell Fire."

Bidah.com

To change or add to the religion of Islam is considered a serious offense and sin. This is why Islam appears to be "stuck in the medieval dark ages."

Muhammad's first wife Khadijah passed away, and Muhammad did not have sex with her dead corpse. Muhammad never propagated necrophilia, and Allah in the Qur'an never condoned such reasoning.

These Egyptian clerics do not represent Islam, as necrophilia has NEVER been a part of the established religion. These guys are seriously sick....

Peace.

This "Farewell Sex" is NOT supported by a single verse of the Qur'an or by any action or saying of Muhammad.

"Farewell Sex" is an invention of these Egyptian clerical politicians, just as much as Westboro Baptist, the Ku Klux Klan, and Jeremiah Alvesta Wright add their personal opinions into their Christian Churches.

"Farewell Sex" is not endorsed by Islam. It is a creation of those Egyptian political clerics PERIOD.

Posted for its entirety well done Sahabi

I appreciate your post for your insight and clearing this up on Islam and your understanding on those who can and do pervert Christianity which is used against those of faith and belief by those of non belief.

Impressive.

Thanks

I just hope people here understand that "Farewell Sex" is an innovation (bid'ah) created by these Egyptian political clerics and is not supported by the teachings of Allah, Muhammad, or Islam itself.

Folks, I am an ex-Muslim and now an outspoken critic of Islam. But this thread should be directed specifically towards those Egyptian clerics, not Islam itself.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

So whose version of Islam is the right one ? Rather than my spending an eternity listening to some of you saying "Ah that is not my relgion it doesn't work like that he or she got it wrong"

If I drew a cartoon of Mohammad having sex with his deceased wife would you forgive me ?

If your daughter left islam and married a christian would you forgive her ?

If Allah told you to kill me would you do it ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I just hope people here understand that "Farewell Sex" is an innovation (bid'ah) created by these Egyptian political clerics and is not supported by the teachings of Allah, Muhammad, or Islam itself.

Folks, I am an ex-Muslim and now an outspoken critic of Islam. But this thread should be directed specifically towards those Egyptian clerics, not Islam itself.

Peace.

How do you separate what the clerics deem and the teachings?

Aren't clerics supposed to interpret the teachings of Allah?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
To balance out the sexist claims women can also have the same rights with dead husbands.

Zamzami Abdul Bari said that marriage remains valid even after death adding that a woman also too had the same right to engage in sex with her dead husband.

Alarabiya.net

I was going to say something. But almost forgot the overall picture. Personally I cannot see a dead body. I even have trouble with funerals, i skipped on my grandma's and I also skipped on a friend. The very image, of having sex with a corpse with it's eyes open and staring at you, is enough to give me nightmares. Honestly, I dont know how people would be able to sleep at night. Although the soul never dies, there SHOULD be some consent.

Otherwise it's rape. ugh i dont even know why i clicked this thread, I dont judge, to each their own, but ...seriously? Every day there seems to be something new. And apparently necrophilia is now being allowed?...

On the woman note: ...

That is all

wait one more thing on this whole topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey beezzer. Check out my reply from page 6: reply to post by Sahabi

"Farewell Sex" is an invention and innovation created by the Egyptian clerics. It has absolutely no precedent or support in the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad.

When people try to incorporate their own personal edicts into Islam that have no precedent, it is considered a high sin called bid'ah.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Ah yes, "this is not Islam"....they respect the dead.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

How about stoning a woman to death is this a "bid'ah" ? Or what about the penalty for apostasy is that a "bid'ah"

Is this video a fair representation of the rational reasonable side of your "religion of peace"

edit on 27-4-2012 by ChristianJihad because: speelin

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's quite easy actually.

There are two main sources that Islam is based upon. There is the Qur'an, which is said to be the words of Allah, and then there is Hadith, which are the sayings and actions of Muhammad.

We look into these two collections to see what is really an established practice or belief of Islam. If it is not found in the Qur'an or Hadith, then it is not a part of Islam.

These Egyptian political clerics have invented "Farewell Sex" all on their own.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Look, only one Morrocan cleric even deemed this to be a thing allowed, and I can only find one other fatwa for him, so he is obviously not one of great popularity or influence. One cleric in the entire world and all of Islam is blamed for the sickness of one man. That in and of itself is wrong. It is not a thing considered to be anything more than sick, and a desecration of the dead by every other cleric in the entire world.

Second, Egyptian Parliment is stating this is nothing more than a vicious lie against them, that it is nothing more than an attack by Mubarak supporters, and never was considered as a thing to be placed in Egyptian law.

(sorry I cannot find any official statements in English so I do hope they put one out.) This was reported in the Mubarak controlled media, and it obviously had its intended purpose. To upset the Egyptian people and take any support away from the Islamic controlled majority there.

This is what lies do, they have a reason and a purpose. But NO ONE can blame Islam! Because it is not Islam.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Hey beezzer. Check out my reply from page 6: reply to post by Sahabi

"Farewell Sex" is an invention and innovation created by the Egyptian clerics. It has absolutely no precedent or support in the Qur'an or traditions of Muhammad.

When people try to incorporate their own personal edicts into Islam that have no precedent, it is considered a high sin called bid'ah.

Peace.
Thank you.

I will now recind my previous comments about Islam and "farewell sex".

This though, brings to mind several questions/issues (re: bid'ah) that I'd like to explore.

Though in another thread.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

We look into these two collections to see what is really an established practice or belief of Islam.

So the established practice of cutting off someones head is ok because it's an established practice but having sex with your wife postmortem is an abomination ?

I have to ask - - What is the penalty for having sex with a corpse if it has not been established yet ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

One cleric in the entire world and all of Islam is blamed for the sickness of one man.

Bit like Adam and Eve , your religions are so unjust, perhaps you should consider becoming a Hindu they appear to be a little more peaceful with the added bonus of monkey gods don't seem to care who one has sex with.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by Jameela

One cleric in the entire world and all of Islam is blamed for the sickness of one man.

Bit like Adam and Eve , your religions are so unjust, perhaps you should consider becoming a Hindu they appear to be a little more peaceful with the added bonus of monkey gods don't seem to care who one has sex with.

www.hinduwebsite.com...
I always thought there might have been a few peaceful religions, but after doing years of research I find even the ones deemed peaceful have a history, they have just evolved, that doesn't mean they cannot slip backwards.
edit on 123030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Muslims don't treat their women very well....alive or dead.

No surprise here.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join