It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury in Egypt

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

As for disgust, this is also a stupid argument, because something being "disgusting" is no grounds for a ban or any legal restrictions.

You are pretty adamant about defending this aren't you?

So...maybe raping a child should not be comparable...what about public masturbation...disgusting?

Should there not be any legal restrictions on that...no victim according to your assessment!

Also noteworthy...14 is pedophilia...dead or not dead...so your argument is moot too!

As far as a "stupid" argument...well that is entirely your opinion...I might very well think the same of yours (although you might note that I left it unsaid)!

Morals...just morals...some have them...some don't!
edit on 27-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

No... you cannot. All religions have extreme sides. There are extremists within Christianity, does this mean we should tar all Christians with the same brush as Christian terrorists (Google Christian Terrorist groups)?

There are a majority of peaceful loving Christians as there are Muslims. They go to church/ mosque, love and provide for their families in exactly the same way, only they believe in a different god. Somebody is wrong, maybe both are wrong but faith is important to them regardless. Others use religion as a tool to spread hate and violence and is not representative of the majority of the religion.

You need to get over your prejudiced view of the world, maybe do some travelling and overcome your fear of people that are not the same as you are used to. The world is a big place and you are no more important or moral than most people on this planet. A little perspective might go a long way in helping you to understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Several sites are calling this a hoax, likely perpetrated by a Mubarak loyalist to discredit the current parliament.

www.csmonitor.com...

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500

Egypt’s Islamist-dominated parliament is set to introduce a law allowing husbands to have sex with their dead wives up to six hours after death. Critics fear it highlights a trend of increasingly anti-female legislation since the Arab Spring. ­The “farewell Intercourse” bill was inspired by a Fatwa issued by a Moroccan cleric last year. Zamzami Abdul Bar said that since the two would meet in Heaven again anyway, death shouldn’t get in the way of one last post-mortem marital romp.

RT NEWS

I Know that Islam can come up with some very shocking laws and views but this!

This Is Just Wrong On So Many Levels!!!

Can anyone from any religion seriously justify actions such as this?

Nothing new about this. This is who they are. They force 12 year old girls to marry 60 year old strange men. They treat women like cattle. They do this because they hate and fear women. Women are a threat to them. So they pass these laws to further mistreat them. It's who they are. But I will say, that a real man need not be afraid of a woman, if he is confident in his manliness. So that should say a lot about who they are.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

I've handled dead bodies before.

A lot of them. So I feel I can speak about this with some knowledge.

Most of you reading this have no conception of a dead body - the closest is at a wake or funeral as most cultures now make death a sanitized, sterile process, after the undertaker has "prepared" the body and it's been dead for a few days.

Any culture, in my own opinion, that would allow a person to defile or show such disrespect to a person's cast off shell is demented and twisted on so many levels, it's not even remotely sane.

Maybe we are all products of our culture.

But making love, really making love should be (again my own opinion) with someone that can appreciate being pleased as well as getting pleased yourself.

For me at least, half the fun is knowing I am giving happiness to my husband. We've gone through many rough times together, he knows my inner most secrets, none of the rest of you reading this will ever know and yet he loves me.

Like the soldiers in another thread that urinated on their enemies corpses - I got a lot of hateful replies when I said, no matter how vile or beloved a person was to you - when they are dead, their soul, their essences is gone and to me, I always treated each and every body I had to clean and prepare with the utmost dignity. Even talking to them, telling them, safe journey - be at peace................I suspect the soul hangs around for a day or two for most folks.

Sometimes you can feel a lift off, a whooosh and sometimes, a hanging on - a lingering presence.

I remember one young "gangster" a man in his early 20's shot to death but having track marks on his arms, loading him into a morgue drawer. It was almost like I could feel his presence not within his cast off shell but around.

Again, any culture that is this depraved, I don't know - it is not love, it is physical usage, a service to self act, a very twisted and sick disrespect for the dead person's body.

What you do onto another, you do onto yourself.

And

What goes around, comes around.

Farewell intercourse...........................Egypt.

The whole Middle East in my own humble opinion is really just very strange indeed.

How the hell could anyone want to do it with a cold (and the dead are very cold), lifeless, body is beyond my comprehension.

I note this is men being allowed to do this with women.

Now, getting back to the thread this ties in with of our American Soldiers peeing on their enemies dead corpses and grinning and filming it...................that too is sick, wrong and dishonorable.

A honorable warrior, one with dignity and bravery does slain his enemy because he feels his family or country is threatened - but once that enemy is slain, peeing or defiling the body automatically (again in my own opinion) puts that person showing such a lack of respect for the dead, has lowered them self to the same level of the scum they are fighting.

The person, the essence, good or evil, beloved or hated, once dead, only the shell remains and it (no longer a he or she) because they were once human (homo sapien) out of respect for our species should be shown a measure of respect.

Within our family, we don't even just leave our dogs or cat with the vet and allow them to be dumped in a landfill or cremated with everyone else's "pet"........................My four previous dogs and Jack Cat who is going on around 23-24???? when he goes, will be cremated separately and buried with either my husband, me or one of our sons. (Jack with Brian, Zeus with Michael and Scruffy with Sean, Sinbad, Odie, Max and Lucy with my husband and I).

Sex with a dead body is one of the most selfish and again disrespectful acts.

So is peeing on the dead body of your enemy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are two kinds of people pure and simple: Honorable and dishonorable.

The choice is yours, which category you decide to embrace.

edit on 27-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jonasdelnegros

I don't have a problem believing this is a hoax or dis-information. My original post tried to point out that it was "my" understanding that the dead are treated with respect...I mean...have we forgotten the outrage over desecrating dead bodies by peeing on them so quickly? How is having sex with a corpse not considered some sort of desecration? It's not like the empty shell of the person that used to be can give consent.

To most cultures, the dead are to be respected. I would offer, you don't do anything to the body since it cannot give permission. But...that is open to interpretation...my wife knows I would prefer to be cremated...but...if I wanted to be "preserved and buried" and someone cremated me....wouldn't there be some howl of "the rights of the dead"?

This is the point above all others...we perceive the husk of the former person to be some holy artifact...but it's really not...it is a skin suit...a container that is now empty...do you care about an empty soda can or whiskey bottle?

To us in the west, intimate contact with a corpse is just sick and creepy (it is to me) but I'm trying to think outside of the box...the person is not there anymore and the container is doomed to spoil...returning to the earth from which it came...If there is a "great beyond" after death...then the person who has departed to that place probably could care less what you do to the "husk" it used to inhabit.

Just a different line of thinking....studying multiple philosophies can allow you to do that....even if you don't accept the ideas.

It still makes my skin crawl.....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Such ridiculousness. It's examples as this which shows why the West has to rule the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by studio500

Omg, is this for real?

Crazy. See where the Arabian Spring has led them and other countries.
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

It's obviously NOT real. That people believe this horse# is further indication of how brainwashed everyone is.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynned

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

Omg, is this for real?

Crazy. See where the Arabian Spring has led them and other countries.
edit on 26-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

It's obviously NOT real. That people believe this horse# is further indication of how brainwashed everyone is.

yup..how easily led to the trough of propoganda juice...its gross..all it took to confirm it was a RUMOR and not real was a quick email to friends in Egypt..simple....its BS..and until they say it isnt..will remains so.

Ro.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its amazing to see what sick people like this find ok to do in our society. I hope they burn in hell!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So thats what was wrong with my ex wife, she was dead all along lol

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosniaque

The masons are to blame? I mean, yea, we control governments, eat small children, sacrifice virgins, and worship Balphomet, Baal, Satan, Lucifer, and Bob, but how dare you claim we would screw a corpse! That's just yuk!

But hey, we don't judge. If you want a cold one, go nuts. (it's probably best of you don't tell anyone though)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I THANK TOU, I REAALLLY THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL, FOR ALL THE REPLIES AND COMMENTS YOU GIVEN, FROM THE ORIGIANL POST TO THE LAST REPLY, especially the comment "what goes on Cairo stays in Cairo" truly truly funny, i nearlly wet my self with laughing when, i saw this and i am still laughing now, i hAve always thought mysefl to be open minded, but now LMFAO

And the muslim far right think that "WE" in the "WEST" need to be "CLEANSED" becuase of our living and standards, well i gotta say they don't do things by half over there do they?

OH man this is gonna keep me smiling for months. SO is this wot GOD wants???

i am still laughing,funny

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Egypt’s Islamist-dominated parliament is set to introduce a law allowing husbands to have sex with their dead wives up to six hours after death. Critics fear it highlights a trend of increasingly anti-female legislation since the Arab Spring. ­The “farewell Intercourse” bill was inspired by a Fatwa issued by a Moroccan cleric last year. Zamzami Abdul Bar said that since the two would meet in Heaven again anyway, death shouldn’t get in the way of one last post-mortem marital romp.

RT NEWS

Absolutely NOT!

That is SICK!

and I am Muslim... There is not one thing in Islam that would allow such a thing!
edit on 27-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

RT NEWS

Wrong or not I doubt the empty shells of leftover spouse are complaining. It isn't harming anyone. Why should it be any of my business? I say let em do it. Personally I think it is DISGUSTING, but whatever it is not my place to bother being concerned with it.

That said, I've had sex while asleep and I never woke up for it. I don't feel violated my fiancee is free to do it.....I'm sure I've had sex and neither of us were awake, at least once I've woken up while still inside...

If I am dead I doubt I'll complain about it...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Irrational behaviour for an irrational religion.

I'm at a loss to add anything further.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Please, this is not Islam! Please do not blame my religion... Islamic law has GREAT respect of the dead, and desecrating a dead body is illegal according to Islamic law... This is NOT Islam.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I can't say who we are to say it is wrong...I can say however...I say it is wrong!

Again, I'm afraid not my friend, you may say it is your opinion that it is wrong or that in your belief system it may be wrong. You may also perhaps say it disgusts or repulses you etc but in a world of varied opinion and belief you cannot say "It is wrong" unless you can of course prove it , Wrong is pretty subjective is it not ?

If the all mighty Allah...(if that is your god)...says that you should be inspired to rape 2 year old children...should I not say that it is wrong?

Again you can say in your opinion or in your culture or belief system but you'd have to prove that it is. Please bear in mind that in some cultures and instances rape (sex without consent) is quite fine or rather a norm. The age thing again is merely a cultural thing.

As much as it may disgust you to have this conversation with me for who knows what conclusions you have drawn about me, I do feel it is a conversation worth having as it asks us both to consider the source of our morality and the logic behind it etc.

Once again your logic fails to make sense!

I was merely provoking discussion and asking questions so it's not necessarily, the case of "My logic" which raises another question , shouldn't logic be universal ?

And for the record...some countries lack laws entirely...but still have a solid moral value...goes without being written or enforced!

And I wouldn't argue otherwise, but at the end of the day what ever that moral value maybe who are you or I to say it is wrong ?

Would it not be more productive for us as a species to drop our moral values apart from that pertaining to doing harm to other individuals ? Could we then not move forward with what is or is not productive for our survival as a species ?

If we took harming other individuals as the only moral absolute, could we not as a species get along much better? When it comes to the rape thing it would be immediately obvious that this would qualify for the moral absolute of being "wrong" but the sex with the dead spouse would need to be considered in the "beneficial or not" to our survival as a species and a more scientific approach to evaluating it required.

edit on 27-4-2012 by ChristianJihad because: speelin

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Wow...that was impressive!

You win...here is your star!

I can't debate that nonsense...and wont!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by beezzer

Please, this is not Islam! Please do not blame my religion... Islamic law has GREAT respect of the dead, and desecrating a dead body is illegal according to Islamic law... This is NOT Islam.

I'm not sure the guy "poking around" would consider it desecration of a dead body. More likely they feel they are worshiping the dead person with strong emotional attachment. Either that or they truly are a bunch of sick motherfurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join