It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic study of voting machines found they'd been remotely accessed numerous times by someone on

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One thing I can say with a fair amount of certainty is, should an integrity meter be somehow built into these electronic voting machines, buzzers would be going off like crazy for most candidates! I think RP would pass though!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The whole system is a scam. Not just the voting part.
It sickens me that people still think voting somehow matters.
Pathetic human waste. Bleh.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Oh, your right! We should all just give up and succumb! Why bother voting through electronic machines or even at all, we are doomed, doomed I say! Does that make you feel better?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Oh, your right! We should all just give up and succumb! Why bother voting through electronic machines or even at all, we are doomed, doomed I say! Does that make you feel better?

It is a scam.
I am right. I know.
I just avoid the system at all costs.
I didn't ask for it, don't want it and will continue to laugh at it.

Been doing just fine. Hows by you?!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm really liking the idea of voters retaining a copy of the paper trail. It hadn't even occurred to me how this lack of a receipt is yet another example of the broken contract. I'm not so sure about the suggestion that we then hand them over to someone else's safekeeping. Kinda defeats the object. Retaining a voter copy presents its own challenge with fraud, of course. But they seem to have no problem letting us hold cash (for now).

I think a voter retained record is an excellent idea and I'd vote for it, if I got a receipt. And it has revealed a paradox that I hadn't seen before. It's a bit subtle to my mind, but I'll try.

The reason we're supposed to accept the authority of winning candidates, and the underlying bureaucracy that got them there, is because they have majority support. As we weren't given a receipt, it means we have accepted the process on trust. But the only reason we have any trust, is because authority is predicated on majority rule. The voting part of the political process has demanded that you trust it, before it has established any basis for that trust. Absent that basis, you need to sign a contract and retain a copy. Just as you would with any stranger.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I think they should tie each vote to a person and they all go online. There should but a real time counter on the walls of the place that shows the count for each candidate. How we vote now is way out dated considering the internet.They could literally list all the votes and tie them to each person with a voter id so people could check themselves and it would be impossible to mess with. If there was a question the could check the list. The can only go with this corrupt system so long.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
how about we try to trace back to find out who was doing this and try them for treason. I bet a trace back would lead right to republican party headquarters.

Yeah, It's not like The Democratic Party isn't corrupt or anything. Give me a break, both parties are filled with bottomfeeding criminals. That's such a mindless robot response.You need to wake up and realize that. And whoever would be charged for such a thing, would just get a fine or be pardoned. That's the problem, no accountability for anything anymore. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Is there no receipt because there might be a second independant count ?

Vote machine could be like lottery machines, selections in, receipt out

If online banking is possible then if it was wanted voting could be to.

The idea that every vote counts is becoming outdated, they have started manipulating the process and will continue to do so.

There should be mass "no votes" in protest, but alas there won't be.

Good find OP
edit on 26-4-2012 by ukWolf because: Sp

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
Is there no receipt because there might be a second independant count ?

Vote machine could be like lottery machines, selections in, receipt out

If online banking is possible then if it was wanted voting could be to.

The idea that every vote counts is becoming outdated, they have started manipulating the process and will continue to do so.

Good find OP
edit on 26-4-2012 by ukWolf because: Sp

Now there's an idea.
Citizens vote using one arm bandits.
The gaming industry is the model and fairness and respectability.
They would probably beat anyone up who decides to "count cards" and verify the integrity of the system.

Oh hang on...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Hey, I really like your ideas and think it's a good guide to a proper and just voting system. I'd like to just point out that if those "receipts" had a running total on it, then the person before you and the person after you could be talked to and you could compare the numbers. Say I voted and it was Ron Paul 50 and Obama 40. Well, It sure as hell should be Ron Paul 49 and Obama 40 on the guy before me's receipt. The guy after me should have Paul 51 and Obama 40. You catch my drift. It should always increase by one and if everyone did that it would add another layer of security. It would be a very easy way to verify the vote in real-time.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ukWolf

They already do, they're called elections. So many people stay home out apathy that if the few remaing voters who do show up stayed home, no one would even notice.

My home town has a population of a bit under 85,000 yet the mayor and city council positions are decided by less than 1500 people.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: Out not over time :/

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I understand what your saying.

I should have been a little more precise, I was refering to a group of no votes on a visible stand point such as vote rigging, more than the general population that don't vote for there own individual reasons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join