It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic study of voting machines found they'd been remotely accessed numerous times by someone on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

"Fixed voting machines: The forensic study of voting machines in Venango County, PA found the central tabulator had been "remotely accessed" by someone on "multiple occasions," including for 80 minutes on the night before the 2010 general election."

Hey, everyone.
I thought you'd enjoy this.

I'll just leave this here for users to speculate.

www.bradblog.com...

Mods, if this has been placed in the wrong forum, please do what you do.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Rathyas because: Title

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

I hate to say it, but I have to. In this day of dishonesty and greed, and blind ambition, if elections can be rigged, they will be. Online voting is not something I believe in, mainly because it presents too may opportunities for the dishonest, and I don't trust the results.
edit on 26-4-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's my solution to fix this.

1: Paper ballots ONLY!
2: Standardize the ballot across the nation.
3: Photo ID required to vote.
4: At the end of the process, ballots are photo copied, so that the voter has a backup.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Sorry, maybe I'm a bit dense today, but what would the reasom be for a backup of the way you voted?
edit on 26-4-2012 by aboutface because: keyboard probs

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Our election system is broken and must be returned to a sound basis that cannot be tampered or manipulated as they have been since the Help America Vote Act was foisted upon the American public.

From the link you provided:

The forensic study found the central tabulator had been "remotely accessed" by someone on "multiple occasions," including for 80 minutes on the night before the 2010 general election. As thanks, the commissioners were pushed out of their jobs before the investigation was completed. Asked why the County Commissioners and ES&S were so opposed to an independent forensic analysis by two Carnegie-Mellon computer scientists, the Republican Director of the Board, Craig Adams told me: "They know there's something wrong."

This has happened dozens of times across the country. What happened to ethics in this country? What happened to free and fair elections? Small wonder so many don't vote as the final result is determined by someone behind the curtain.
Until this is straightened out the American public won't have any fair elections.
Remember this Nation was founded on the principle of by consent of the governed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I think it's every citizen's responsibility to vote. Secondly, I think it's everyone's responsibility to ensure the integrity of those votes. If voters are provided a copy of their vote, and a precinct "loses" votes and there needs to be a recount, then there is a verifiable paper trail, that the voters themselves control.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

if voting had any real effect it would be illegal...this does not surprise me one bit..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Our election system is broken and must be returned to a sound basis that cannot be tampered or manipulated as they have been since the Help America Vote Act was foisted upon the American public.

From the link you provided:

The forensic study found the central tabulator had been "remotely accessed" by someone on "multiple occasions," including for 80 minutes on the night before the 2010 general election. As thanks, the commissioners were pushed out of their jobs before the investigation was completed. Asked why the County Commissioners and ES&S were so opposed to an independent forensic analysis by two Carnegie-Mellon computer scientists, the Republican Director of the Board, Craig Adams told me: "They know there's something wrong."

This has happened dozens of times across the country. What happened to ethics in this country? What happened to free and fair elections? Small wonder so many don't vote as the final result is determined by someone behind the curtain.
Until this is straightened out the American public won't have any fair elections.
Remember this Nation was founded on the principle of by consent of the governed.

What happened to ethics? Greed and profit and the lust for power happened. Selfishness happened, envy happened, gluttony happened.

We as a people have become so concerned about ourselves and our shiny toy distractions and possessions...we don't care anymore. "The end justifies the means" and "might makes right" are now the common way of thinking.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Actually, I like the idea of ballot copies! Perhaps there should be tables set up with staunch(and very public) supporters of each candidate whom the copies may by left with. Should the outcome be questioned, the back up numbers will be readily available.

edit on 26-4-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Actually, I like the idea of ballot copies! Perhaps there should be tables set up with staunch(and very public) supporters of each candidate whom the copies may by left with. Should the outcome be questioned, the back up numbers will be readily available.

Every single voting center with paper copies of each vote.

then the electoral college would overcome the people.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by aboutface

I think it's every citizen's responsibility to vote. Secondly, I think it's everyone's responsibility to ensure the integrity of those votes. If voters are provided a copy of their vote, and a precinct "loses" votes and there needs to be a recount, then there is a verifiable paper trail, that the voters themselves control.

I agree. I'm given a paper receipt for buying a pack of gum...I should certainly get one for something as important as casting a vote for the leaders of our Nation.

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Originally posted by ajay59

Every single voting center with paper copies of each vote.

then the electoral college would overcome the people.

To me, this would represent the sincerest form of popular vote. Correct me if I am wrong, would this not be direct evidence of we the people and a majority decision?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Ahhhh, now that makes a heap of sense, because it would serve as a backup verification! Star for you my friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by ajay59

Ahhhh, now that makes a heap of sense, because it would serve as a backup verification! Star for you my friend.
vte

Thank you my friend but if you could perhaps throw a guarantee of a true representative account of the voting results by we the people, it would be much more appreciated!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm okay with an electronic voting machine... BUT, it MUST MUST MUST give a paper receipt that is turned in and counted.

And since the MSM were the ones clamoring for instant election results, they should have to pay for every f*****g one of them across the country.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Paper ballots
Photo id
dip finger in ink to prevent voting more than once with different id's

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlrsar
Paper ballots
Photo id
dip finger in ink to prevent voting more than once with different id's

To continue the list:
identify and verify any attempt at corruption
take anyone caught attempting to corrupt the voting process in custody
exterminate anyone found guilty of treason as a deterrent to such acts.......your turn.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Require all voters listen to 10 minute campaign speech and rebuttal for all offices at and above state legislature.
There are way to many uninformed people voting for someone because they "thought" he was the guy for them.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

I suppose we could go on all day and probably beyond. All I really know is the system we have now is extremely flawed and could use some major reworking and enhancements!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
how about we try to trace back to find out who was doing this and try them for treason. I bet a trace back would lead right to republican party headquarters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join