It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few stunning cloud pics ( Radiation ? )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mods I hope this is ok here if not you know what to do.

Tuesday night I had to have my wife take a few pics of these cloud formations we have been seeing lately.
They really are more stunning than the pictures can relate. I hope everyone who looks can appreciate why I wanted to post them. Purely for your enjoyment but also to ask a quetion.

At the very least I think these are some interesting shots for people to look at the high desert of So. Ca. But does anyone of you who look upon these pics think some of the colors are a bit extreme ? Could this be because of radiation from fukushima ? I do ponder.
edit on 26-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
you can't see radiation.......

But they are some nice pics. From the pictures it appears you took them either at dawn or dusk, give or take, and you get that nice pink and orange glow because the clouds are still catching the sun even though it's past your horizon line.

edit on 26-4-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
well they might look nice, but theyre quite ordinary clouds like youd see anywhere.
i'm baffled why you'd think radiation has anything to do with them.
do you know what radiation is?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yep for sure they were taken right at dusk and I have seen this hue before but these are very extreme and the golds you see are something like I've never seen before.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Just the basics really but please explain. If you will.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You should see the sunsets in England - pink, orange, purples, blues - no radioactivity my friend, just nature at its finest.

I'll post some pics someday.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just looks like the angle to me, sun is basically past the horizon, but since the clouds are high up, they are still getting hit and some of them, the gold ones, are basically backlit.

Think of when you shine a flashlight through the fog, how it lights up the fog, now amp that up a few thousand lumen and make the fog a thick but uneven blob, you'll get that golden glow.

Radiation is invisible. You can detect it with meters, and now they just invented a type of video camera that can see it, but you can't see it with your eyes, it won't make clouds glow, and I do not believe it will appear on film. If you are close enough that radiation is reaching the camera, you can have it effect the film, but I don't think that would work on digital.

Google and find pictures from Chernobyl, there are photographs taken by the workers during the cleanup, even some video on the roof of one of the buildings tossing pieces of the reactor down into a pit, you can see what effect radiation has on the film.

Now, you CAN see a fission or fusion reaction, but not radiation.

Actually, I'm lying by omission, non-ionizing radiation can be seen, it's radio waves and light, but that's not the type of radiation you were talking about, you are referring to ionizing radiation.

That type of radiation is referring mostly to when an electron is knocked out of it's shell. That type of radiation requires some type of meter to detect, no human senses can detect it UNLESS the radiation interacts with matter, which can have a visual light emission.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
These aren't my images, but they kinda back up what I was saying:

Midlands:
www.transportcafe.co.uk...

Cornwall:

www.mornishapartments.co.uk...

Somerset:

www.martinhunter.co.nz...

Cumbria

www.snapsandbytes.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sometimes, I log into ATS and read a thread like this. Then, I ask myself, "Do people live in caves and never look up? Can this really be the first sunset this poor person has ever seen?" Nice photos, but there isn't anything out of the ordinary here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That would be cool Mr. Lizard that's the duplicate reason for these actually just to let people see another part of there world.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
might be a little more colorful because it spring and lots of pollen in the air not to mention a few volcanoes .other than that just your normal sunset

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
i see nothing unusual. the clouds look like that here all the time when the sun sets. same as it always was.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Sometimes, I log into ATS and read a thread like this. Then, I ask myself, "Do people live in caves and never look up? Can this really be the first sunset this poor person has ever seen?" Nice photos, but there isn't anything out of the ordinary here.

No, these weren't taken from a cave, but I've often wondered what the rent was like ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
These aren't my images, but they kinda back up what I was saying:

Midlands:
www.transportcafe.co.uk...

Cornwall:

www.mornishapartments.co.uk...

Somerset:

www.martinhunter.co.nz...
Cumbria

www.snapsandbytes.co.uk...

These are some badass pics Mr. If anything I hope to get some more from around the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Glad you liked them. Guess we don't realise how lucky we are sometimes, when we take things from granted like a good sunset, yet other folk very rarely see them.

I bet you have a lot less light pollution though and can see more stars than me

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Only fifty miles from L.A. my good man so sadly the star visuals are minimal. Some awesome pics of something I alwatys appreciate you have there.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I always find it funny the leap of logic people take. It may be that just because you have not observed it before, does not mean it has never happened...

In other words I try to spend each evening watching a sunset or photographing it. I have seen so many different colors that some are even hard to describe. I have seen cloud formations I have only witnessed once or twice in my life. Basically the sky is so dynamic and the conditions chaotic each sunset is different than the last even if the sky is 100% clear of clouds the light can be subtly different.

To address the OP header topic Radiation, You are 100% correct it is radiation!!!…BUMBUMBAHHHH!!Harmless Visible Light Radiation! I blame Hollywood on making people believe that harmful radiation i.e. ionizing and non-ionizing (the harmful radiation) which are above and below the visible light spectrum can be seen… like the so called RADIATION CLOUD! A cloud of radiation is not the same as a moisture cloud we see but a cloud in the sense of condensed particles of radio-active material.

You cannot view or photograph (with a typical camera) these forms of radiation. So no worries...now on the other hand pollution...LOL
edit on 26-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
P.S. Pretty pics btw!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

to be completely honest, those clouds seem pretty much ok

peace.

srry about short text, its all i have to say.

well, ok

p.s. ive seen some REALLY like WHOOAAA clouds before.

i saw a liquid rainbow pouring off a cloud like a waterfall!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I was trying to find the fuk Japan forum to post radiation test done in St. Louis....I found your post and wii post it here to. I'm on my IPad and I don't know if that's why I'm having a hard time embedding...here's the link...
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join