It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly Calls Daily Show Audience "Stoned Slackers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Too funny!! Now my government (CDN) won't allow me to watch Fox News (but that's another issue) but I am all too familiar with this effwit.

My own personal feelings notwithstanding, a little demographic research was done and guess what?

Viewers of Jon Stewart's show are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

John Stewart Rocks!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Non-Mudpit version.

Opened.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Meanwhile, the AP reported today that Stewart's crew at Comedy Central has gotten more serious about a rift with Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly. "You know what's really frightening?" O'Reilly teased Stewart when the comedian appeared on O'Reilly's show recently. "You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it's true. You've got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote."

The Comedy Central folks knew O'Reilly was poking fun, but they decided to do a little research anyway, and found that viewers of "The Daily Show" are more likely to have completed four years of college than people who watch "The O'Reilly Factor," according to Nielsen Media Research.

Stewart, adds the AP, weighed in on O'Reilly's "stoned slackers" bit with this: "This election is going to rely on the undecided. And who is more undecided than stoned slackers? Ice cream or pretzels? Ice cream or pretzels? What's it going to be?"

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
LOL!!!
Ever had pretzel Ice Cream?

Let's see..
College Graduates are more likely to get their news from Comedy Central?

I keed, I keed you!

I actually watch both John and Bill. They both make me laugh.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't have cable but when I get a chance to see cable TV I like the Daily Show.

O'Reilly seems kind of like G. Gordon Liddy, who cut me off when I started making him stutter and repeat himself when I called his show.

When John Stewart thinks someone's crazy he just kind of raises an eyebrow and looks at the audience.

GW Bush on the Daily Show, uncensored, would be a PPV event. Hey maybe Bush can do this for some re-election funds?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
O'Reilly is reported to have been confiding to friends he wants to run for Senate in 2006 against Hillary.

Oh please Bill. Do it. And quit your day job.

Let's put that mid-America appeal of yours to a vote in NEW YORK!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I can't wait till O'Reilly goes onto the Daily Show, which is coming up. I hope that Jon is less than cordial to that prick. I love that they actually got the results from their demographics to show that Jon's show has a higher intellect of viewers. Not that I'm suprised. I've watched the Daily Show since Kilborn was on and I've always said it's a much smarter show than any other political show out there. The real sad thing is, the topice that the Daily show pokes fun at are the things that no other show has the balls to even talk about.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Actually, O'Reilly is a Long Island native and Hillary is from the midwest... but still, Bill O'Reilly running in New York? The man has spoken out against the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, teachers unions, teamsters, umm, hello--this is NEW YORK... y'know, liberals live here. However, it should make for an entertaining race--watching his face turn beet red as he screams "Shut up" at all the campaign speech hecklers. Perhaps he might just spontaneously combust and do us all a favor.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, O'Reilly makes me laugh, too.

Unfortunately, in the same breath he makes me cry...I just hate to see such a bright person believe in such backward things.

PRO LIFE!

YAY CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll never forget when Stewart was talking about N. Korean missiles intercepted on their way to Yemen.

"Folks, we would like to remind you that Yemen is not an enemy. It's only an anagram of enemy."

Oh man, a show that does actually sum up the news but actually makes you feel good instead of suicidal. I love that show.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I just hate to see such a bright person believe in such backward things.

PRO LIFE!

YAY CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!

A statement like that just oozes with irony.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well I watch both these guy's one for humor and the other one for, well humor

for
got to add I'm a Stoner

[edit on 28/9/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
PistolPete:
I got the video clip of your Avatar Cowbell, with Christopher Walken and Blue Oyster Cult, SNL funny.

top topics

join