It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are saying CA Mad Cow was a simple "random mutation"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That statement makes me think of a post on here the other day where the OP was asking how stupid does the government think we are.... apparently they think we are REALLY stupid.

Although the U.S. reported the fourth confirmed case of mad cow in six years this week, the government is stressing there is no threat to human health and no danger of the meat entering the food chain. Officials are still investigating how the dairy cow contracted the disease.

It was "just a random mutation that can happen every once in a great while in an animal," said Bruce Akey, director of the New York State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory at Cornell University. "Random mutations go on in nature all the time." Experts said the case was "atypical," meaning it was a rare occurrence in which a cow contracts the disease spontaneously, rather than through the feed supply. The risk of transmission generally comes when the brain or spinal tissue of an animal with BSE, or mad cow disease, is consumed by humans or another animal, which did not occur in this case.

vitals.msnbc.msn.com...

How many more random mutation stories are they going to send our way before the year is over? I know that bacterias/viruses mutate over time. But the rate of speed and the intensity behind a lot of current mutations, doesn't make sense when you look at it from an evolutionary stance. I feel like these disease mutations happen so quickly. When we had the Swine Flu outbreak in 2009... the virus had already started to mutate THAT flu season. (I will find an article backing up that fact)
If viruses can mutate so quickly, is the evolution of other species speeding up as well?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this update up. I had to stop myself from eating some tri-tip yesterday cause I'm scared. It does make you wonder how the heck these mutations happen so fast. Like you said, these things happen within hundreds or thousands of years. My guess its all created in a lab

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I love this... They are so full of it, they can't even come off half way believable and this is a real serious issue.

Lets get this straight.. when this happened and the first "Hey, don't worry!' came out, they knew they had one. It was a 100% random pull from the crowd and I hear the first announcements of NOTHING to worry about while they are still saying they have no idea which farm it even came from. Wow.. Yeah...

Don't worry huh?? Maybe not...but it sure won't be because of the officials who cannot even PASS as being honest anymore. I mean, the appearance isn't even there.... They can say there is nothing to worry about when before they even knew ANYTHING more than the fact they had a Mad Cow confimed???

I'll tell ya folks.. There are 3 issues I've learned about in my life that changed by life and NOT for the better. Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Station, The Central Intelligence Operations Division and Mad Cow/ Scrapy/ Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. The prions that cause it don't 'live' exactly, so they can't be sterilized or killed out of the food.

The only reason I don't lose sleep over Mad Cow?? and I HATE to say this..but because I realized in reading the books and understanding the nature and wide spread presence of these prions..MOST of us probably already have them in us...and they may sit for 20 years or a lifetime without doing anything. On the other hand, our minds could start going to mush tomorrow... Nice little thing with Mad Cow/ Scrapy and it's effect inside a human being eh?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
@blackmetalmist... I stopped eating meat 3 weeks ago and am happy I did! But like he said, we probably all have those prions in us anyway!

I LOVE bbq. Giving up meat, especially red meat, has been the most difficult thing! I've done it for a few months in the past. And have tried and failed so many times. I think it's finally sticking this time.

top topics

join