It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs firm takes cost conscious doctors to court.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Independent experts have condemned the Swiss pharmaceuticals company Novartis for trying to force the NHS to buy an expensive drug to treat patients suffering from a degenerative eye disease, rather than using a cheaper, unlicensed alternative.

talk about being out in the open about what big pharma is truly about.

Novartis says Avastin is unlicensed for the eye disease and wants its own licensed drug Lucentis, which costs £740 an injection compared with £60, to be used.

this kind of blatant disregard for patient care being sacrificed for the all mighty money really pisses me off. i don't get too emotional about issues but when big pharma comes out and makes it plain as day what they are really about i can't just sit back and watch.

i have always known what they valued and it isn't patient care, but for them to be so in your face obvious is scary.

i realize this is in the UK and i am in America but i think it effects us all and with the obummer health care package looming over our heads, it's sure to get much worse.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Novartis is the parent of the demon spawn Monsanto. Need we say more?
2nd.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

indeed little needs to be said about them. i think most company's that appose them they either buy or bad things happen to them. i'm hoping California makes headway with their current bill to legislate GMO control.

www.gmolabeling.com...

new topics

join