It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poachers use helicopter to massacre 22 elephants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok this is just ridiculous, Its very sad and makes my blood boil.
Apparently poachers used a helicopter and swept in really fast killing 22 Elephants just for their Tusks and Genitials. There is a huge demand for these Elephant tusks and genitials in Asia, and its happening more and more using the so called Ivory road that links Africa to Asia. Something needs to be done about this. I wonder want goes through a poachers mind while shooting and cutting off the Tusks and genitials of these beautiful animals, Oh wait nothing goes through there minds accept the thought of MONEY. Shame on you poachers, you are just cold blooded killers with No hearts, and obviously no feelings.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 26-4-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
God damn these people.

The sad thing is - as much as I want to hate them, they too are just products of a wretched system, profit over life.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

So true. I guess the poachers really have no other ways of making money for themselves, no education, and its fast money, the entire system is so messed up

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's so bizarre when ancient superstitions team up with modern means.

Around here there is a growing issue with black bear poaching to sell bear balls, gall bladders and claws to the koreans and chinese in NYC.

Somebody should start poaching these superstitious witchdoctor types for their livers and genitals.

Chinese nutsack soup. Cures everything.

It's crap like this that makes me wish I was obnoxiously wealthy. I'd buy a herd and guard it with mercenaries and smile ear to ear every time some two-bit poacher took a bullet to the face.
edit on 26-4-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They have no other way of making money?
Then how'd they get a helicopter?
edit on 26-4-2012 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
How many Palestinian Elephants does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit in the dark and blame the Jooooz

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

Probably a funded mission from Asia, to get there prize tusks that sell for a lot of money on the black market.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah...and us here in Africa can do nothing but sit back and watch the Chinese rape our mineral resources and slaughter our animals. They come here in their THOUSANDS (the Chinese government hires prisoners for labor work and ships them off) and do nothing but make problems...they really aren't popular in Southern Africa. Yes, this is a mostly Chinese problem. Sorry if I've offended anyone, but we've witnessed their cruelty as a race...and it sickens us here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Man, stuff like this makes me sick to the stomach!

I just watched a programme the other night about how poachers catch sharks.
They get them on a hook, the sharks can't move and this causes them to drown.
The next day they went out, pulled up this dead shark, cut it's fins off and left the poor thing rolling around in the surf. The fins are then sent to China to be put in soup. Yep, soup. Apparently it doesn't taste of much but it is a symbol of wealth.
More like a symbol of stupidity and greed if you ask me.

When will the poaching end?
When all the wild life are on walls and in soup, will we be the next animals to be poached?
My money's on yes.

S&F for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

I'm with Brad, this stinks and these #ters need to be taken care of permanently!

Have you heard the urban legend, "Drinking the warm blood of a poacher while sitting under an ancient Baobab tree with the light of a full moon shining down on you cures ALL 'incurable' diseases!"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My only question is : what will they do when there aren't any more elephants/rhinos? Use each others balls?

new topics

top topics

join