It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on a "staged" invasion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

True, but would you not find it a tiny bit suspicious if you seen one of these being chased AWAY, only to turn round and be chased back towards our planet?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
People would see the crafts leaving. No matter what is going on in the world, some one would see it. There are too many video cameras around to not see something on them as well. IMO, I don't think a hologram would do, unless you can make those holograms manifest physical destruction for people to see (and not just on the TV). That said the physical destruction would have to come from the hologram to be believable. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time
I think people would be curious, but I do not see a total break down at just the sight of UFO's, they are almost too mainstream now. To get total chaos and for the people to allow our government to take absolute control, it would have to appear that we are at war. Now here is my issue with that... if the UFO's arrive and start attacking, who cares what the government is doing, any ET is going to know where the power centers are and will take them out first. I don't see how a fake attack will give anyone power, as it will be every man for themselves.

Just my thoughts...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If indeed there were to be a staged " hologram" invasion, I honestly think there would be more than enough men (and women) out there to catch on quickly. For starters, if you would to start shooting at these things and noticed that its just an image and nothing is hit, youre gonna start to wonder what is going on. I had a dream a few months ago where that exact scenario happened and then all hell broke loose when one of these "holograms" started twitching and eventually malfunctioning.

The only way such thing will be believable if they use actual things with mass not just an image. People are more aware these days.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I totally agree. But the thing is, there will be alot more that will fall for the trap than the ones (like you and me) that don't.
Shooting at them without result will just make normal people think that they are bulletproof.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I totally agree. But the thing is, there will be alot more that will fall for the trap than the ones (like you and me) that don't.
Shooting at them without result will just make normal people think that they are bulletproof.

I agree with you in that sense. Just yesterday, my co-worker had no idead what the 2012 Mayan Calendar Ending conspiracy was. I was shocked but I have to remember that not everyone is a member of a conspiracy website

So I can imagine the elders and children freaking out when they see that. My guess if they were to release such staged invasion, it would be in a third world country where people are more likely not to own high tech weapons and have much internet access. It would be the perfect scenario to start their "invasion"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
If indeed there were to be a staged " hologram" invasion, I honestly think there would be more than enough men (and women) out there to catch on quickly. For starters, if you would to start shooting at these things and noticed that its just an image and nothing is hit, youre gonna start to wonder what is going on. I had a dream a few months ago where that exact scenario happened and then all hell broke loose when one of these "holograms" started twitching and eventually malfunctioning.

The only way such thing will be believable if they use actual things with mass not just an image. People are more aware these days.

That was pretty much my exact thought on the hologram scenario, if these things turn up it would be human instinct to throw a brick or a fist at one of them (provided someone can get close enough) and instantly realise it just goes straight through. This "in my opinion" is FAR too great a risk for the governments of the world to pull off successfully.

They would HAVE to have some kind of reflective mass, otherwise people are (pun intended) going to see straight through it all.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I understand that there are a lot of blind people in the world willing to be just led along, but I think in this kind of situation people would start questioning things a lot more.

This is, of course, pure speculation on my part. It is a very thought provoking subject though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79
I don't see how a fake attack will give anyone power, as it will be every man for themselves.

This could also be true, but I believe in the panic that would inevitably ensue that "they" would suddenly become the "good guys" as it were.. Enter the NWO.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But if you shot at one and the bullet went straight through and hit something or someone else, I dont believe it would take long for even the blindest man to work out that something isnt quite right, this is again pure speculation. Although I can see how many people would initially fall for it, they would have to act fast before anyone figured out what is really happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

That was pretty much my exact thought on the hologram scenario, if these things turn up it would be human instinct to throw a brick or a fist at one of them (provided someone can get close enough) and instantly realise it just goes straight through. This "in my opinion" is FAR too great a risk for the governments of the world to pull off successfully.

They would HAVE to have some kind of reflective mass, otherwise people are (pun intended) going to see straight through it all.

I don't think they will make holograms of people. And if they do, and if the normal people discover that bricks passes through the holograms, then the government will say: ''Its because the invaders are from another dimension, so they are a bit ghostly''. Now, how can you (the normal people, not you Fairguy) contradict that claim? There is no difference between a ghost and a hologram. See? They got it all covered.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by swan001

But if you shot at one and the bullet went straight through and hit something or someone else, I dont believe it would take long for even the blindest man to work out that something isnt quite right, this is again pure speculation. Although I can see how many people would initially fall for it, they would have to act fast before anyone figured out what is really happening.

If the target is flying, lets say an UFO, then there is little chance that the shooting angle (ground-to-sky) will result in a bullet striking something behind. The bullet will most likely be lost into the sky.
Good thinkig, though!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by froglegs79
I don't see how a fake attack will give anyone power, as it will be every man for themselves.

This could also be true, but I believe in the panic that would inevitably ensue that "they" would suddenly become the "good guys" as it were.. Enter the NWO.

You do are right on that one, mate!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

That is yet another good point, the mass public would believe it if they seen it on the news.

I guess the only real way to find out is to wait and see, but it would be nice to be prepared pretty early in this case, lol.

I was a bit wary of starting this thread at first seeing as I wasnt too sure how to explain it, but thank you all for your replies! Some seriously thought provoking (if not a tad weird) stuff coming out.
edit on 26-4-2012 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

reply to post by swan001

If the target is flying, lets say an UFO, then there is little chance that the shooting angle (ground-to-sky) will result in a bullet striking something behind. The bullet will most likely be lost into the sky.
Good thinkig, though!

I think most of the stuff in the skies as it where, would mostly be "fought" by fighter pilots and the like, I was referring more to if these beings (I'm still unsure what to call them) were to actually land on earth. Good post!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Thanks. You are a great thinker too!
I never though about the bullet-trough-hologram issue before you post about it.

According to Monast, the holograms themselves are not harmfull. What is harmfull is that the HAARP will send toughts into people's mind (I know that is hard to believe, but I read a medical scientist who confirmed my fears) and that way the government could send pain or ''telepatic'' toughts from the illusions.

How to prepare? Put on Magneto's helmet... At least, something that blocks electromagnetic waves from escaping or entering your brain. Lead is the best metal to do the job.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I fully understand HAARP and the implications it could have on us as humans. As a matter of fact I was trying to explain to my cousin just last night how HAARP would play a major role "if" anything of this scale happened.

It makes you look a bit tinfoil-hattish, but if a look of mere stupidity is going to open even one persons eyes then it is more than worth it.

Of course I and many others will look crazy if nothing happens, and I doubt it will, but with the technologies we have these days literally anything is possible. Preparation is the best defense and all that

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

This is a good documentary on HAARP and the secrecy behind it www.youtube.com...

Although in NO WAY do I believe everything that the people on this show say, I view it more as informing entertainment, the sheer fact that the HAARP centre wont give them an interview speaks volumes to me.

Sorry if you've already seen it

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Yeah, I know.
But, as they say, better be safe than sorry! I prefer to be a little paranoid than to be ignorant and know nothing about what may happen.
A star for you, mate.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by swan001

This is a good documentary on HAARP and the secrecy behind it www.youtube.com...

Although in NO WAY do I believe everything that the people on this show say, I view it more as informing entertainment, the sheer fact that the HAARP centre wont give them an interview speaks volumes to me.

Sorry if you've already seen it

No I don't go often to YouTube. Dial-up internet, see? Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

That is true they do say that, although "they" never let "us" know until its virtually too late

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join