It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz - "George Zimmerman will be acquitted"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Another "dirty little secret" the media is not reporting: the Black Congresswoman who always wears brightly colored hats and said that Zimmerman hunted down Trayvon like a dog and shot him was in the Florida Legislature when the "Stand Your Ground Law" passed. Guess how she voted?

Like Alan Dershowitz, I believe Special Prosecutor Angela Corey overcharged hoping to get a plea deal. Angela Corey should resign as part of a deal not to get prosecuted herself.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by halfoldman
Zimmerman will do time for something.

According to Dershowitz, what is on the affidavit doesn't rise to 2nd degree murder. He said it doesn't rise to manslaughter. He says a jury would HAVE to find Zimmerman not guilty based on the severe lack of evidence in the affidavit. And he says that any civil unrest because of that 'not guilty' verdict will be directly the fault of the prosecutor. And he thinks the prosecutor should be charged for not telling the truth in the affidavit.

This guy is probably the top prosecutor in the country.
He says Florida prosecution is doing a lousy job.

For the record .. during his interview at FOX .. Dershowitz showed no bias for either Zimmerman or Martin. He said that pretty much anything could have happened ... Zimmerman attacking Martin or Martin attacking Zimmerman or even two people doing stupid things attacking each other so both are to blame and neither is to blame etc etc ...

He was VERY critical of the Florida prosecution. THAT is what is interesting.

If you read the arrest affidavit you will find 2 verifiable lies in it. This may not even get to trial.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
my 2 cents...if i were black in florida, i would be carrying a gun everywhere i go, and if any white person started coming toward me in an aggressive manner, i would just shoot them. that way you could claim self-defense and in fear of your life. i would use this case as an example of the fear that i have walking while black, sounds perfectly logical to me. also if a truck with white boys drives by and makes racist remarks, i would shoot them also, for fear that they will come back and kill me.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

I know as many Blacks with concealed carry permits as I do "Whites". Fortunately, ALL the people I know with concealed carry permits are more intelligent, reasonable, and responsible that your remarks make you appear.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Andrew Breitbart predicted such an event in his CPAC speech the weak before he died of "heart failure" while walking alone in his neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If there is a racially motivated riot - and if it escalates to a so-called "race war" - count me out. I'd rather die because of the ignorance and hatred of another than fall in line with my so-called "race". For my part, I'll just continue being against racism and make it a goal to speak up more when I feel offended by what people say around me (and when "white" people are together, some decide to say the darnedest things, as if because of the way I look I'm supposed to enjoy your stupid little pun or overexagerated stereotype).

Because of my up-bringing, I was allowed (privileged) to be surrounded by three very different, very "non-white" cultures.

I grew up around Haitians. I've known Haitians since I was old enough to discern color differences. I speak Kreyol because of it and I'm proud of that.

I spent my middle years in Arizona surrounded by Mexicans and Mexican-Americans and enjoy their culture very much.

I lived for several years in Brazil. And while some Brazilians are whiter than me, so to speak, in general, the part of the country where I lived might be considered on par with Mississippi. It reminded me of Haitian culture in a lot of ways, only more multi-ethnic.

No, I've known too many people and seen too many real-life examples of how people are not indicative of the larger skin-color group they might fall into. Sure, there are cultural differences - but those exist between the French and Norwegians too...what are you gonna do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join