It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tethys Saturn's Moon: Boulders and other strange Anomalies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I've detected a very strange oddity on a very distant Moon in the Saturn's Moons Constellation... Tethys.

These images captured by Cassini Spacecraft show an incredible and massive behaviour: Boulders which have leaving behind very very long tracks. The very incredible oddity is that the "boulders(?)" tracks come in and out by very deep craters. So, the "boulders" are not on a flat terrain but seems that they climb slopes and jagged land.

How it is possible?
Are they boulders or something else?

Source:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Another anomaly inside a crater... A BASE?
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 26-4-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Tethys is a giant snowball composed mainly of water ice. These lines you describe are faults or 'graben' to give them their correct name. You can see similar geological features all over the solar system and right here on earth. Here is a good example from our own moon.

Graben:en.wikipedia.org...

See also cryovolcanism in relation to the surface features of tethys : en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-4-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I see boulders and craters.

Do you honestly think they'd release photos with legitimate evidence of anything but boulders and craters?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I won't elaborate herein, but one possibility for trails or grooves left by boulders clearly having moved on the surface of a small moon is that it was the larger body that moved and not the boulder.

Sounds carzy, yes? But not so crazy if you have the technological capabilities to move the larger body. If so, then the smaller bodies slide about like your coffee cup does on the roof of your car as you drive off forgetting that it is there. Some boulders on small bodies will even slide off of the surface of the larger and be lost if the impetus of motion on the larger is strong or long enough.

That phenenomena is exactly how Phobos got its hundreds of grooves and precisely what they never want you to know and why they don't release many images on Phobos since the Vikings orbiters took hundreds of images to document that exact scene in the 1970s.

Phobos was moved into its tight, near perfect orbit by intelligent control.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They sure bombed the hell out of that place!

I don't see any rolling rocks, even with all those arrows, I do see long lines regardless of the level of terrain, I do not see a spaceship refuelling. There could be a base though, but you need to see into the dark, unfortunately you can't.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Death Valley sailing stones or moving rocks.

www.billandcori.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-4-2012 by SunburnedLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm afraid that I don't see a base or a space ship refueling in that last photo.

What I see is jagged rocks, shadows, and as for your space ship, a impact crater, that has newer impact craters on it's rim.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

top topics

join