Book written in 1912 predicts wireless phones, corporatocracy, depopulation in 2013.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is a collection of the predictions made by The Scarlet Plague so people don't have to read or listen to the entire book.

This book was written in 1912 and it is about how a plague wipes out most of the world's population of 8 billion people and how civilization collapses with lawlessness in 2013. This book also predicts the use of mobile phones.

It's 2072, sixty years after the scarlet plague has depopulated the planet. James Howard Smith is one of the few survivors of the pre-plague era left alive in the San Francisco area, and as he realizes his time grows short, he tries to impart the value of knowledge and wisdom to his grandsons. Through his narrative, we learn how the plague spread throughout the world and of the struggles of the handful of survivors it left in its wake.

This book has gotten very little attention by everyone. It shows that some people can think really far ahead. The depopulation agenda or this time period was worked out 100 years ago.
edit on 26-4-2012 by MayorOfCydonia because: Title too long.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What is does, it say things that modern newspaper article have last week about future possibilites.

Geez, how thick are some people who will believe in 2114 that an article in the NYT about teleporting was actually a 'prophecy' !!!

Get the idea?... no, some wont!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I see that and go back a little further to raise you Jules Verne:

From the Earth to the Moon (French: De la Terre à la Lune, 1865) is a humorous science fantasy novel by Jules Verne and is one of the earliest entries in that genre. It tells the story of the president of a post-American Civil War gun club in Baltimore, his rival, a Philadelphia maker of armor, and a Frenchman, who build an enormous sky-facing Columbiad space gun and launch themselves in a projectile/spaceship from it to a Moon landing.

Link

I'd go "all in" with Di Vinci....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

This book sounds interesting. I especially like the bit about storing books in a cave. To think that if we don't survive - maybe some books will. I read a lot of books and I have never heard of this one. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Aldous Huxley's, Brave New World and 1984 by George Orwell say the same thing my friend! There is nothing new under the sun im afraid.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I beg the differ. 1984 doesn't say anything about mobile phones. I intend to read "The Scarlet Plague" first, before I give any opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Aldous Huxley's, Brave New World and 1984 by George Orwell say the same thing my friend! There is nothing new under the sun im afraid.

Huxley and Orwell were in on the plans, courtesy of their families, friends and contacts.

Not so much prophecy as reading from the script.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

"I beg the differ. 1984 doesn't say anything about mobile phones. I intend to read "The Scarlet Plague" first, before I give any opinion."

I think you are missing the point, just because 1984 doesn't say anything about mobile phones is irelavent. The point is they are on the same page, discuss scenarios have come to pass or will come to pass. Do yourself a favor, stop taking things so literally.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

They do both seem to be a little to much on the money eh? They must have known something.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

"I beg the differ. 1984 doesn't say anything about mobile phones. I intend to read "The Scarlet Plague" first, before I give any opinion."

I think you are missing the point, just because 1984 doesn't say anything about mobile phones is irelavent. The point is they are on the same page, discuss scenarios have come to pass or will come to pass. Do yourself a favor, stop taking things so literally.

According to your idea - because a book discusses similar ideas - then we shouldn't read it. 1984 is based in an alternate reality which hasn't yet come to pass. I don't think 1984 will ever come to pass.

btw - I'm not taking things literally. I am merely responding to what's been written.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

They do both seem to be a little to much on the money eh? They must have known something.

Fabian Society members both. And connected.

Listen to Alan Watt on it. It'll melt your head.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
We do seem to be hitting escalating extinction events since 2001, when the world trade centers were attacked. For example, New Orleans, the Indonesian Tsunami, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Fukashima. In fact, even though it is hard to believe, the last one could eclipse the tsunami (that killed hundreds of thousands), as it was a large earthquake and tsunami targeted at a nuclear power plant that now has the capability to kill billions if its spent fuel rods collapse. It is probably the first one on the level of near-extinction event.

The time is actually ripe for a plague, I have been reading news articles about growing numbers of drug-resistant illnesses and record cases of things such as measles and whooping cough.

It is interesting what has already happened in this past decade, no conspiracies needed. And surprisingly, it seems to be following a predictable pattern of continuing to escalate.
edit on 26-4-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

IMO that aspect of 1984 concerning 3 world powers (spheres of influence) is here now. The US, China and Russia. If any one gets too 'bold' the other two join forces. At the moment I see Russia doing a balancing act and able to side with the US or China.

The surveillance of citizenry is coming along nicely with cell phone and internet monitoring and drones. With cable TV and satellite TV (if connected to phone) they have the ability to capture a record of every program you have watched. Their computers are the thought police.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Anyone familiar with the Akashic Records, or the Hall of Records?
It is a library of all the events past, present and future.
Outside of our existence, all time is now, or in easier words to understand, time does not exist.

The imagination of some could have been tapping into those records on what was to come.
Perhaps.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I dont know what you think my idea is??? Where have said dont read the book? I would recommend that everyone read everything they can. Especially you since you obviously need the knowledge if you cant see the parallels and similarities between these novels, the writing on the wall so to speak. Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
In the UK right now, in my opinion its getting totaly Orwellian. Cameras on every corner and underpass. Police and Gov censoring social networks and even imprisoning out spoken individuals. Thought police in action if you ask me. George was spot on eh?
edit on 26-4-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Look at some old TV shows and you will discover the future. When Hollywood writers created shows they set into motion a series of events because people observed them and it influenced the evolution of society. Belief causes change even though we don't realize it. The hand held communicators and tricorders of Star Trek shaped the phone and internet technology. The music and content of the movie jaws caused many people to desire swimming pools instead of swimming in the ocean. If enough people believe something it can shape our reality. Where does our obsession with technology stem from. Science fiction movies of the fifties caused us to allow more money to flow to space research. So far the space research has not even come close to having a payback of the cost it has passed on to the taxpayer. Man was born without wings, should we really be flying? Can't we be satisfied with admiring birds instead of fearing their bringing down jets. Moving stuff all over the world allows bugs and bacteria to spread all over the world where it causes much environmental stress because of lack of resistance in the environment. Our Societies obsessive compulsive tendencies are fueled by media, books, and movies. I like the information available on the internet but also see a lot of disinformation stemming from high levels of society. Lots of disinformation comes from people's desire to gain financially or from trying to boost others dependence on them.. This is really nothing new, just the percentages of people doing it are increasing.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
We do seem to be hitting escalating extinction events since 2001, when the world trade centers were attacked. For example, New Orleans, the Indonesian Tsunami, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Fukashima. In fact, even though it is hard to believe, the last one could eclipse the tsunami (that killed hundreds of thousands), as it was a large earthquake and tsunami targeted at a nuclear power plant that now has the capability to kill billions if its spent fuel rods collapse. It is probably the first one on the level of near-extinction event.

I think you've misunderstood the term "extinction level event".
An EQ, or Tsunami is not an extinction level event. Even a nuclear accident like Fukushima isn't.

An ELE is a GLOBAL event capable of destroying the Human race or significantly reducing numbers to make ultimate survival of the species more unlikely.

Nothing like that has happened, not even close. An EQ or other natural catastrophe generally affects one region, not the entire planet. A disease might do it, as this book suggests. But scientific advances are making that less likely by the day.
HIV/AIDS could have been an ELE if it had come to existence in 1880 rather than 1980 (ish). Because we were able to see it, warn of it, treat it, control it, it didn't become an ELE. imagine if that had happened a century before, with little or no sex education, no contraceptives, no effective method of communicating to the public, no indication of its presence... within one generation it could have decimated the entire population.

Like you say, the closest we have had recently is probably Fukushima or Chernobyl. But either of those are still not likely to be considered an ELE, because there is treatment for the affects of radiation, there are methods of control in place, we are able to communicate within seconds to an entire population.

That will not result in extinction, but it probably will result in plenty of illness and birth defects. Keep an eye on the population of Japan in the coming years, because I do believe we'll see a massive spike in the number of children born with defects. And then it will be very hard indeed for the Japanese government to try to cover up what they have been responsible for.

This book is fascinating, and I think I might have to track down a copy. I like how the OP says we don't "have" to read it. When was reading an obviously good book such a chore?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
FYI... sine this book was written in 1912, it is out of copyright protection, and is available from Project Gutenberg here: www.gutenberg.org...

You may also be interested in the book "We" by Yvgeny Zamyatin. In the same vein as 1984 and Brave New World, but it was written earlier than both.

I should mention that while I have not read this book yet, I plan to start tonight.
edit on 26/4/2012 by CrikeyMagnet because: Clarification of my reading history.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If the book was written in 1912, Huxley was a teenager and Orwell was a kid, neither had written their novels at the time.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join