It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has no choice but to develop WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The Iranians have no choice but to develop WMD.
Saddam Hussein got rid of his WMD programs. He and his sons ended up dead, his country bombed and in chaos.
Muammar Qaddafi got rid of his WMD programs. He and his sons ended up dead, his country bombed and in chaos.
Kim Il Sung kept his WMD programs. He died of old age, his son succeeded him, and his country was not attacked. .. my first thread im not really expecting much to come of this but wanted to get my first one out there. there are no links to outside info as im just putting this out there to see what people think
Mod please move if posted in wrong place
Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Sadly, I have to agree. Whatever choice Iran may ever have had in the past, if they didn't already start then they really don't have a choice. We've never spanked a Nuclear nation. Not once. The closest we came was North Korea, I believe, and that ended real quick when they finally showed they really had more than big talk about having what MIGHT, kinda sorta detonate as a nuclear weapon. They came close enough, anyway. It sure ended all talk of invasion or surgical attack.

Yeah.... IF I assumed they were the innocent side that some insist they have been in all this (Which I don't) then I'd say this whole thing would have backed them into a corner at this point that only developing that capability would prevent.

Conversely, at this moment, I think the only way they can save themselves an invasion or something very close from the air come late Summer or Fall is to detonate a nuke, peacefully, as a test and out in THEIR desert (Not Israel,..lol) like a rattlesnake shaking it's rattle.

Absolute proof of a working weapon..peacefully tested..worked for Pakistan and India and would work for them. I think it would end almost all the forward, aggressive crap almost instantly.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Iran apparently said today they most likely weren't going to make WMD, so the point is probably moot now.

Bloomberg
Aljareeza

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Conversely, at this moment, I think the only way they can save themselves an invasion or something very close from the air come late Summer or Fall is to detonate a nuke, peacefully, as a test and out in THEIR desert (Not Israel,..lol) like a rattlesnake shaking it's rattle.

Absolute proof of a working weapon..peacefully tested..worked for Pakistan and India and would work for them. I think it would end almost all the forward, aggressive crap almost instantly.
[/endquote] Ecactly ! when everyone seen that they had the "potential" to just throw a nuke back at us when # got hot, people wouldnt be so ready to impose sanctions and # on them lol.

“If they actually impose the embargo, it will mean that they’re not serious about resolving the nuclear issue,” the Iranian ambassador said. “How can they want to pursue nuclear talks on the one hand and introduce sanctions on the other? What meaning will these talks have then?” quoted from the iranian ambassador

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Sadly at this point, if they do or do not, it is beyond the point.

There has been so much sabre-rattling, and talk, push and shove. If they let it down now, the US would loose "face" and they can't have that.

Tho, if I am recalling properly, No one has "conquered Persia in over 3,000 years". If that is the case.. well, history is an important thing to know..

I do believe, regardless, it will happen.. Sadly.. What ever higher power you believe in, may he/she have mercy on our Souls.

-Cyg

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Sadly at this point, if they do or do not, it is beyond the point.

I do believe, regardless, it will happen.. Sadly.. What ever higher power you believe in, may he/she have mercy on our Souls.

-Cyg

Lets hope so!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
What ever higher power you believe in, may he/she have mercy on our Souls.

Yeah... Maybe only if we deserve it.

Otherwise, we humans had a good run, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hence why this just happened

news.yahoo.com...

But for the f-22 to be effective they would have to knock out all surface to surface sites in Iran so that the Raptor has somewhere to land afterwards.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The iranians can also choose NOT to develop WMD's.

Look at how happy are the North Koreeans.They have nukes, the US army is NOT invading...but they are starving.Pakistan and India are in a bit better situation, but with huge a percentage of population living (if that can be callled living) in poverty.

Iran now is 10 times poorer than 10 years ago.Rampart inflation and unemployment.And NOT because of sanctions, Russia, China and India ( to name only few) are making up for the losses.

So, Kamenei and Ahmadinejad really hate their own pople, starving them because of the money spent for "peaceful nuclear research".Building nukes is were they are pooring money.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is really funny how the two countries who refuse to join the IMF compound interest brigade and commit their countries assets to the global fiat currency pie are the very two who seem to insist on making nukes. Curious how we all decided way back that nukes were bad, and no one could have them that wasn't a stable democracy, and yet, many countries have them, some won't even admit it. And remarkably we scarlet letter NK and Iran as the world's most evil of all people for supposedly wanting something lots of other countries have - curious. Libya didn't want them they just had an evil dictator (not a strong man like Syria) who just wanted to be mean to his people and had to die - so his country's assets could be added to the fiat currency pie.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It isn't really the threat posed by a few Iranian nukes per se - well maybe it is to the Sunni states and Israel - it is about the proliferation aspects. plus of course they are signatories to the NNPT (which is why they were helped with reactors in the first place).

Other than that - the 12'ver Mullahs are mandated to hasten the return of the Mahdi and export their revolution worldwide (it's in their constitution) - to do that they need to 'drench the world in blood' ie they need to start WWIII and get the infidel powers to nuke each other off the chessboard, they also need to provoke the Israelis to deploy their Sampson option against the Sunni Arab M.E.

They need to do this pretty quick before their regime crumbles and the demographic jihad of the Unnis wins Europe for them, after that they are finished as the Sunnis hate them even more that Western infidels.

Needless to say OP is talking nonsense or is a disinfo shill.

new topics

top topics

join