It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Reason Why Aliens Will Invade Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This thread is in counterargument to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First off, aliens that can travel from another star system to Sol would require advanced knowledge and technology (precision technology which is most difficult). This advancement maybe thousands of years ahead of us. Now consider what the human race has accomplished in the last 100 years alone. Now consider the potential of these aliens to destroy entire planets, stars and galaxies using their advanced tech if they so desired. The fact that our galaxy exists with many star systems in a relative peace with nature, from what we can see, tells us that our local part of the Universe is peaceful but how so if alien life exists out there traveling the stars? This maybe hard to envision through human goggles because it's hard for humans to imagine any place with intelligent beings not having complex and destructive human behaviour. The relative peace in our sector of the Universe indicates that there is heavy policing happening.

Advanced aliens don't really want anything the Earth may have to offer. All resources, including gold, can be artificially manufactured. The only things they may find interesting with Earth are:

1 - a place to live and raise a family
2 - study humans and life forms on Earth

I suspect all these reasons are true for aliens currently on Earth or visiting, but the following is reason is the one that most interests aliens:

3 - Policing the limited, psychologically primal and irresponsible humans from achieving advanced technology and taking to the stars with their destructive nature and infecting the relative peace.

You see, the human race is quickly reaching a convergent point that most are not aware of. This convergent point has a predicted date - by the aliens. The convergent point is when human technology will be advanced enough to take to the stars and be able to cause great destruction before the human race has evolved enough to the point where each and every human is responsible and sufficiently less primal in their psychology and behaviours. The problem is, the majority of the human race has not evolved sufficiently but the technology has. This is a huge problem.

Aliens will "invade" Earth, or intervene, when the human race is just about to take to the stars with advanced technology and knowledge. It is at this point that they will "police" us openly. Depending on their assessment of the threat level posed by humans in space and with advanced technology, they may approach us diplomatically or forcefully. Think of what the US is doing to Iran. They are policing, in their limited way and understanding, a perceived threat because they see Iranian leadership as impulsive and primal. If the aliens decide on a diplomatic moderate intervention, it will give us a chance to continue our advancement and evolution under their supervision by the signing of treaties. In either case, they will show their strength in order to appeal to the human's primal nature in a show dominance. This maybe perceived as an invasion, but really it's an act in policing as we are potential criminals. If the human race is perceived as a very sufficient threat, they will destroy civilization on this planet through a catastrophe diminishing the capacity of the human race by limiting knowledge back to the stone age, or by weeding out the less evolved permitting the most evolved to continue - an act in aiding evolution of the human race. Survivors cannot consider themselves "winners" which is a sign of insufficient evolution. The rich, who consider themselves "winners", will not be excluded from such a judgement as those who easily make and accumulate money do so in primal, unethical, non-empathetic ways (outside the common good). Given this understanding, the aliens watching us are looking for those who show advanced understanding, emotional impulse constraint, humility and empathy. They are looking for traits that support the common good as it's their greatest law - most likely. Those who naturally demonstrate these characteristics could be permitted to continue.

As I see it, the human race is not doing so well as whole (majority). Primal behaviors are still too prevalent.
edit on 26-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Out of curiosity could it be possible that ET is the same age we are (presence in the galaxy)? Technological advances are never uniform, even on this planet.

Is the technological level of the US thousands of years ahead of say Somalia? Honduras? The Federated States of micronesia?

Researching technologies is hit or miss. Its entirely possilbe that ET is the same age but do to their choices during R and D (hitting the science nail on the head) they reached the answers a lot faster than we did. If R and D does not work out because of a bad / misguided / unforseen result they go back to the drawing board to see what went wrong.

If R and D is advancing based on good / educated / lucky guesses, there is no real need to go back to step 1. They completed step one and moved into the step 2 phase. If ET and Humans are researching the same item, and the ET's find a result faster than Earth, i does not neccisarilly mean they are older.

Just luckier.

As far as being more advanced than Humans go is a double edged sword. If we look at inventions / creations across all sectors here on Earth we will find the cause, the effect and a result.

Just because ET has laser weapons or warp drive does not mean they are invincinble. ET's advancedment may have completely skipped over say the discovery and application of gunpowder. If they skipped it then how can they prepare for it? If they can't prepare for it, chances are they wont have any means of protection against it.

Their body armor / space ship shields might work awesome against other laser weapons however it might be completely useless to say a rocket / missile / hand gun etc etc etc.
edit on 26-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay
This thread is in counterargument to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First off, aliens that can travel from another star system to Sol would require advanced knowledge and technology (precision technology which is most difficult). This advancement maybe thousands of years ahead of us. Now consider what the human race has accomplished in the last 100 years alone. Now consider the potential of these aliens to destroy entire planets, stars and galaxies using their advanced tech if they so desired. The fact that our galaxy exists with many star systems in a relative peace with nature, from what we can see, tells us that our local part of the Universe is peaceful but how so if alien life exists out there traveling the stars? This maybe hard to envision through human goggles because it's hard for humans to imagine any place with intelligent beings not having complex and destructive human behaviour. The relative peace in our sector of the Universe indicates that there is heavy policing happening.

Advanced aliens don't really want anything the Earth may have to offer. All resources, including gold, can be artificially manufactured. The only things they may find interesting with Earth are:

1 - a place to live and raise a family
2 - study humans and life forms on Earth

I suspect all these reasons are true for aliens currently on Earth or visiting, but the following is reason is the one that most interests aliens:

3 - Policing the limited, psychologically primal and irresponsible humans from achieving advanced technology and taking to the stars with their destructive nature and infecting the relative peace.

You see, the human race is quickly reaching a convergent point that most are not aware of. This convergent point has a predicted date - by the aliens. The convergent point is when human technology will be advanced enough to take to the stars and be able to cause great destruction before the human race has evolved enough to the point where each and every human is responsible and sufficiently less primal in their psychology and behaviours. The problem is, the majority of the human race has not evolved sufficiently but the technology has. This is a huge problem.

Aliens will "invade" Earth, or intervene, when the human race is just about to take to the stars with advanced technology and knowledge. It is at this point that they will "police" us openly. Depending on their assessment of the threat level posed by humans in space and with advanced technology, they may approach us diplomatically or forcefully. Think of what the US is doing to Iran. They are policing, in their limited way and understanding, a perceived threat because they see Iranian leadership as impulsive and primal. If the aliens decide on a diplomatic moderate intervention, it will give us a chance to continue our advancement and evolution under their supervision by the signing of treaties. In either case, they will show their strength in order to appeal to the human's primal nature in a show dominance. This maybe perceived as an invasion, but really it's an act in policing as we are potential criminals. If the human race is perceived as a very sufficient threat, they will destroy civilization on this planet through a catastrophe diminishing the capacity of the human race by limiting knowledge back to the stone age, or by weeding out the less evolved permitting the most evolved to continue - an act in aiding evolution of the human race. Survivors cannot consider themselves "winners" which is a sign of insufficient evolution. The rich, who consider themselves "winners", will not be excluded from such a judgement as those who easily make and accumulate money do so in primal, unethical, non-empathetic ways (outside the common good). Given this understanding, the aliens watching us are looking for those who show advanced understanding, emotional impulse constraint, humility and empathy. They are looking for traits that support the common good as it's their greatest law - most likely. Those who naturally demonstrate these characteristics could be permitted to continue.

As I see it, the human race is not doing so well as whole (majority). Primal behaviors are still too prevalent.

you know what OP? i actually agree with you 100% this thread surprised me and made a very clear and strong amount of sense and i agree with you. (unless you edit the thread and say something else i don't agree with
)

i think it would be nice if the aliens allowed us to have really advanced technology that allowed us to have more fun and a better quality of life, while still restricting the ability to fly into space and ruin the universe.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

thank you Xcathdra, you really opened my mind, i have never considered that possibility that aliens could be the same, yet have better technology without being older than us.

i really appreciate the clarity you have given me.

thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If aliens are policing us, they have probably lost themselves within the cosmos.

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in our universe (in our estimation).
There are hundreds of billions of stars in your average galaxy.
There are planetary systems located around almost all of these stars.
What is the most basic necessity of life? My limited understanding says a planet in the "goldilocks zone."
Not too hot, not too cold.
We have a googolplex of planets that could potentially suit life.

And the aliens are looking at humanity? I think you overestimate our importance. Unless this race of aliens is unbelievably virile and suited for space-travel, I don't think they could possibly "police" the amount of life happening in our verse right now. I have trouble believing, no matter how evolved, that a population would be naturally allowed to grow that large without facing cataclysm at some point.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think any species that has managed to master interstellar travel without destroying itself is probably not hostile. It's like natures failsafe. Look at us, we already have the weaponry to end life on earth...but we can't make it past the moon.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I like your thinking, but ... Shots fired on UFO with no efffect

I do, however, subscribe to the 'Limitations of Any Technology' school of thought.
No matter how amazing, cool or advanced and interesting a technology is, every technology will have limitations.

We may be like blind men exploring an elephant, but, the limitations found even there, before actually knowing the animal in full, we could find. Finding those limitations can then allow us to exploit those limitations or concentrate on attempting to exploit those limitations.

What if, for instance, telepathy is an alien's weakness, if indeed aliens are real?
Telepathy is a common string in many threads about aliens, so, what if upon discovering aliens (if they are real) we dumped every bit of research into developing a backpack full of cow brains, or dog brains, or monkey brains, or octopus brains, or just an artificial grown soup of neurons and grey matter that we could then artificially interface with to turn every single person with a backpack full o brains into a telepathic howitzer?

That's just a science fiction example.

If there is some aliens and we knew for sure that they were indeed real, then, for certain we could start asking the hard questions and figuring out the real answers as to 'how they do that?', and 'how can we defeat that?'

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It is chilling to see such religious faith being demonstrated for supposed extraterrestrials. In the past twenty years, an outsider looking in on the subject has observed the following.

1. The theory of evolution being taught as man evolving from apes to a huge push,in all forms of popular media, to an evolution whereby ETs directly intervened in our 'evolutionary' past by genetic modification. CREATION.

2. A huge push in the new age movement and 'ufology' culture stating that ETs will be our SAVIOURS.

3. Now you are fully demonstrating the very next principal, JUDGEMENT. There is no difference to the new age and occult beliefs that state that those 'not yet ready to evolve or ascend' must be expunged from society for the benefit of those ready to 'evolve'.

CREATION, SAVIOUR, JUDGEMENT.

I submit to you that you have been given a very deceptive new form of 'religion' which DENIES GOD, yet in it all, you cannot fathom that those responsible for the indoctrination simply changed your natural thirst for the living waters of Jesus to bitter waters of demons. Look at the above - they most likely represent your belief system. You could not so willingly accept 'judgements' from supposed aliens if you didnt intrinsically believe the first two points. What is the whole point of brainwashing, indoctrination and propaganda? To change beliefs. Where are beliefs located? In the mind. This is proof positive that the belief in aliens has been made a 'religion' to you. Your words clearly demonstrate the complete effectiveness of a powerful and controlled media, and the fact that it has CONVINCED you of all of the above. Why does scripture state that most will perish? Because they loved the lies more than truth. Your words clearly demonstrate that you have accepted a 'Christian' gospel but without God and the true Saviour Christ Jesus. And because of that, you cannot understand the times in which we live.

'Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

It's chilling to see how many religious nut-jobs there are trolling forums about UFOs and Aliens.
This includes those that basically worship the idea of aliens.

Jesus this, Jesus that, and archangel whatever, or demon whocares. It's absolute cartoon nonsense.
Hinduism, for example, is much much much much older than Christianity.
If there's any religion that's got even a remote chance of being 'right' about anything, it's Hinduism, especially in consideration of finds in archaeology indicating that civilization has been around a substantial bit longer than previously thought.

If such is such, then, in consideration of the evidence, you may want to consider converting over to Hinduism.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hinduism has been around for longer than the Bible says the earth is old.

Stand by for conniption in 3....2....1....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There are other reasons why we maybe invaded. For example or complete disregard for other species, or technology and missuse of it. It boils down to the "day the earth stood still" scenario.

In addition to that one would imagine many aliens have to eat and harvest life for food.

If there are multiple species out there it may stand to reason that they have some kind of space council. A group of aliens who protect specific areas of the cosmos. Who knows.

But I do know one thing, I havr had two unbelievably weird experiences in my life where i have met two species. One experience was kinda of really cool and weird the other bloody terrifying where I litterally thought I was going to die.

I swear on my life, these 2 experiences have made me understand that they are definately here 100%.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
they wont invade us.

humans will destroy themselves before they get here.

they will leave the earth empty for 1000's of years
until our toxic left-overs have been disolved by nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Out of curiosity could it be possible that ET is the same age we are (presence in the galaxy)? Technological advances are never uniform, even on this planet.

Is the technological level of the US thousands of years ahead of say Somalia? Honduras? The Federated States of micronesia?

Researching technologies is hit or miss. Its entirely possilbe that ET is the same age but do to their choices during R and D (hitting the science nail on the head) they reached the answers a lot faster than we did. If R and D does not work out because of a bad / misguided / unforseen result they go back to the drawing board to see what went wrong.

If R and D is advancing based on good / educated / lucky guesses, there is no real need to go back to step 1. They completed step one and moved into the step 2 phase. If ET and Humans are researching the same item, and the ET's find a result faster than Earth, i does not neccisarilly mean they are older.

Just luckier.

As far as being more advanced than Humans go is a double edged sword. If we look at inventions / creations across all sectors here on Earth we will find the cause, the effect and a result.

Just because ET has laser weapons or warp drive does not mean they are invincinble. ET's advancedment may have completely skipped over say the discovery and application of gunpowder. If they skipped it then how can they prepare for it? If they can't prepare for it, chances are they wont have any means of protection against it.

Their body armor / space ship shields might work awesome against other laser weapons however it might be completely useless to say a rocket / missile / hand gun etc etc etc.

The human race as it is today is very young in comparison to the aliens out there. Intervention by aliens in humankind's past was an act in experimentation and aided evolution. Back in those times, the primitive and very young humans saw these aliens as gods. In human history, whenever mythological stories stated god mated with female humans, they did not do so in a physical manner but through scientific and genetic manipulation. This seeming act of "copulation" with humans was in fact part of well thought out experiment involving no pleasure for the aliens but the excitement of their scientific endevour. The aliens who did these experiments with primordial humans were themselves younger than others who are more advanced. The younger aliens intervention with humans is part of their own assessment and supervision by older aliens. The policing I mentioned by these aliens takes on unfamiliar forms from how humans police. The primary difference is their level of knowledge of biology, genetics and predictive probability mathematics. Give this knowledge, they can predict very precisely events and progress of evolution. The fact they've seemingly (visibly) left us alone for thousands of years is only part of the experiment in allowing natural intellectual and emotional evolution to take place, outside their probability models (due to their own limitations predicting a species of sufficient complexity and potential to their own), through the act of experience, and part of the overall assessment of human race by allowing them to operate on their own. It's much like an experiment involving mice in a maze. The mice are allowed to travel the maze in order to understand it's pathways and get to food locations faster, but when the mouse realizes that they can climb over the maze walls, that's when the scientist picks them up and places them back to try again, or puts them back in their cage after realizing the mouse will not loose this knowledge.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
If aliens are policing us, they have probably lost themselves within the cosmos.

There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in our universe (in our estimation).
There are hundreds of billions of stars in your average galaxy.
There are planetary systems located around almost all of these stars.
What is the most basic necessity of life? My limited understanding says a planet in the "goldilocks zone."
Not too hot, not too cold.
We have a googolplex of planets that could potentially suit life.

And the aliens are looking at humanity? I think you overestimate our importance. Unless this race of aliens is unbelievably virile and suited for space-travel, I don't think they could possibly "police" the amount of life happening in our verse right now. I have trouble believing, no matter how evolved, that a population would be naturally allowed to grow that large without facing cataclysm at some point.

A googolplex of planets with intelligent life is nothing to a super advanced surveillance system. The human race is of little importance to the current scheme of the known cosmos, but problems tend to arise from the unknown sectors because proper surveillance was not happening. Consider the Mongol Horde that invaded Europe. To primitively savage Europeans, the Horde was even more savage and seemingly came out of nowhere. Consider Timothy McVeigh, an American who didn't fit the contemporary profile of a terrorist. Consider Nazi Germany to in secret restructured their military industry to became the most powerful force on the planet due to ill predictive knowledge of such a possibility by others. The human race are not a threat now, but will be. I very much doubt, given the extreme age of the known Universe, that these aliens haven't experienced intelligently induced extreme catastrophes in their own record of history. I'm going to throw this out there. The Big Bang was a super massive explosion demonstrated by the rate of expansion similar to that of the bomb shrapnel. What if in the distance past, some mad alien decided to blow it ALL up, by means inconceivable to us, ending a googolplex of intelligent civilizations. Given this, these post Big Bang aliens probably don't want it to happen again, but they also know that biological being with knowledge of the possibility and with knowledge of being constrained, or caged, will lead all animals to seek freedom in ill thought manners. The best approach is policing at a distance in order not to give the few willing to do so primal motivation to break their unknown bonds and destroy the whole in the process.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
they wont invade us.

humans will destroy themselves before they get here.

they will leave the earth empty for 1000's of years
until our toxic left-overs have been disolved by nature.

That's only one possibility that will not happen before the insufficient evolution and technology convergence.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
It is chilling to see such religious faith being demonstrated for supposed extraterrestrials. In the past twenty years, an outsider looking in on the subject has observed the following.

1. The theory of evolution being taught as man evolving from apes to a huge push,in all forms of popular media, to an evolution whereby ETs directly intervened in our 'evolutionary' past by genetic modification. CREATION.

2. A huge push in the new age movement and 'ufology' culture stating that ETs will be our SAVIOURS.

3. Now you are fully demonstrating the very next principal, JUDGEMENT. There is no difference to the new age and occult beliefs that state that those 'not yet ready to evolve or ascend' must be expunged from society for the benefit of those ready to 'evolve'.

CREATION, SAVIOUR, JUDGEMENT.

I submit to you that you have been given a very deceptive new form of 'religion' which DENIES GOD, yet in it all, you cannot fathom that those responsible for the indoctrination simply changed your natural thirst for the living waters of Jesus to bitter waters of demons. Look at the above - they most likely represent your belief system. You could not so willingly accept 'judgements' from supposed aliens if you didnt intrinsically believe the first two points. What is the whole point of brainwashing, indoctrination and propaganda? To change beliefs. Where are beliefs located? In the mind. This is proof positive that the belief in aliens has been made a 'religion' to you. Your words clearly demonstrate the complete effectiveness of a powerful and controlled media, and the fact that it has CONVINCED you of all of the above. Why does scripture state that most will perish? Because they loved the lies more than truth. Your words clearly demonstrate that you have accepted a 'Christian' gospel but without God and the true Saviour Christ Jesus. And because of that, you cannot understand the times in which we live.

'Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?"

My friend, to continue believing that ancient scriptures depicting gods, or God, are not recants of much older stories with variations is wrong considering that you now know the facts. The Great Flood story of Noah is a newer recant of the much, much older story of the Sumerian Flood story. The principle story is the same, but the gods and figures involved are sufficiently different to cast significant doubt on the details of Judeo-Christian Flood story making the Judeo-Christian essentially wrong as details always matter. Believing a falsehood is living a lie. Details of more modern scripture fails to historical and archaeological scrutiny in many ways, and gives a much different picture.

The ancient gods of ancient scriptures evolve from story to story. It is extremely naive of humans to think they are the only beings in existence created by a God that only favours them.

Given that, evolution permits for an infinitely evolved being with infinite capabilities to arise. This entity, due to it's infinite nature, would have to be singular in existence and manifest physically in a manner completely inconceivable to any intelligent life. Because aliens exist and may have been misunderstood for our ancient gods, it doesn't mean they don't themselves believe in a singular infinite Universal entity that interacts with all aspects of the Universal construct through it's randomness (chaos theory for those more scientifically inclined), which is an extreme power as everything experiences random variations at the smallest scales. These random variations compounded manifest physically through everything under the direction of an intelligent process completely alien to all aliens. This entity can be considered God as it's capabilities could easily create matter and life and direct evolution as it is believed time perspective is very different for this entity (infinite recall and predictive capabilities). Believe what you want, be know believing a falsehood is living a lie.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
There are other reasons why we maybe invaded. For example or complete disregard for other species, or technology and missuse of it. It boils down to the "day the earth stood still" scenario.

In addition to that one would imagine many aliens have to eat and harvest life for food.

If there are multiple species out there it may stand to reason that they have some kind of space council. A group of aliens who protect specific areas of the cosmos. Who knows.

But I do know one thing, I havr had two unbelievably weird experiences in my life where i have met two species. One experience was kinda of really cool and weird the other bloody terrifying where I litterally thought I was going to die.

I swear on my life, these 2 experiences have made me understand that they are definately here 100%.

Any alien species that has interstellar space technology and roams the galaxy searching for food would most likely have been put down already. Indiscriminate massacre of intelligent life for food is a sign of insufficient evolution. Aliens out there would have evolved sufficiently not to require food sources by human standards. If aliens have the means to artificially create natural resources like metals including gold, they have the means to artificially create food supply. Think of Star Trek's Replicator technology. And yes they are here and more than one alien species - so I believe. Some are better than others to human standards (visibly more pleasing, or more humanistic). But all are subject to an overall policing force.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If an alien race invades us that means they have traveled all this way just to annihilate us for no known reason I can fathom. The amount of resources to travel this far would be nearly limitless. Not to mention the amount of planning and building that goes along with it.

The only thing one could presume is that the alien does not want competition for some undiscovered reason why we are in existence (such as becoming the genetic sperm to an unfertilized space egg that would give birth to a new universe (or some other crazy reason)).

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I have not been able to find any information as to how far away the 2 people were when they shot at it. Secondly using those same weapons on our current aircraft, provided they even hit it, would result in the same result unless thy were able to hit something extremely critical thaty ignited, but I doubt it.

Other possibility is the "pakled" advancement as well. For those not familiar with Star Trek TNG the Pakleds are a race of people who essentially scavenge / steal technology of those they come into contact with. Just because they ahve it doesnt mean they created it or know how to even use it.

If we look at the technology research and development theory we can use the 1940's to the present. In the span of 60 years we went from horse to car to airplane to space. We went from abbicus, to paper to computers... We went from spyglass to binoculars to land based observatories to space based telescopes. We went from a 8 month voyage across the seas to a month to a few weeks to a few hours to a direct flight.

All because of directed / focused research and development coupled with getting it right the first few times to build off of.

Dont get me wrong I understand what you are saying.. To me though without any direct proof aliens are older than we are, we are just guessing.

new topics

top topics

join