It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Noahs Ark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
As i read this title i was like "oh good lord!"

Then i realized how [SNIP] awesome this was.

Thankyou for keeping above top secret alive

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Mockery is not the ATS way. Neither are personal attacks on the OP.

If you have nothing respectful to say on this subject, don't say it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I quite enjoyed reading that, I think you could make up a really good few page storyline with it.....if you make some notes up and go from there. It was short and sweet and I would like to have read more, it sounded like there was going to be some fun idea's coming up!

I like people who think outside the box, the crazier it sounds the more I like it...

Ok I have had to edit here to add to the above....Im a little confused now, I read the first post and commented as to what I had thought when reading it...but having now read thru more posts, is this meant to be true @ Blocula? Because, really I do think its a good little storyline, as long as that remains what it is. And thats no offence to you or the post/topic, I enjoyed it

edit on 26-4-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'm going to give you a star and a flag, not because I find your story believable, I don't. But it is very close to something I once pondered in my youth, something I am sure I have wrote once before here on ATS.

Now, as a firm believer in science, I class this as fiction, yet still in the realms of a very distant possibility.

Once upon a time, man lived on Mars, a beautiful, lush, green, watery world. One day, something terrible happened, be it war, or natural, and the planet started becoming uninhabitable.

Interstellar travel was still impossible for living beings, so the only feasible course of action would be to relocate the population to the nearest habitable planet, the third rock from the local neighbourhood star.

However, this planet was host to some pretty big awful feather creatures with nasty sharp teeth, so they altered the course of an asteroid to impact with the planet in an attempt to wipe these creatures out and make it suitable for them. SUCCESS!!

They only had one more challenge to overcome, and that was to try and ensure that what happened to Mars, didn't happen to the new home world (this is going on the assumption that the disaster was man made). Religion was formed, and rules were set out, only the original refugees knew where they really game from, and every generation after was taught to follow these new rules.

You could expand on this, but then it just starts(?) to get silly, for instance, a bunch of them decided to set up base on the far side of the moon, a sort of council if you will, and occasionally popped down to Earth to check on things, or deliver new instructions (Ten commandments, chariots of fire in the sky etc)

This could possibly explain Mormons, Alien stag party gone wrong. The lads have gone out on a sesh, and for a giggle staggered down to Earth, found some poor gullible individual and hey presto, a new offshoot of religion is born!

All of this of course was just the product of my over-active teen imagination, now I'm in my 30's and I'm much more inclined to look at things a wee bit more sensibly!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I believe that even if you think an OP may be "way out there", it should still be discussed, you never know where it might take you; plus it might be fun!

To my point, the whole story of Noah's ark is ambiguous to say the least, and although I am sure you are aware of it, here is a slightly alternative version: (think it's genesis 7:2)

The story of Noah's Ark is not to be taken literally. Noah's Ark represents the human mind (Spirit). "Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens," represents the 7 chakras or 7 major endocrine glands which are affected by our way of thinking. "…beasts that are not clean by two," represent the 2 affects(tree of good and evil) that those glands have on us, fear, self preservation, selfishness, (sin, evil) etc… or faith, love, giving (holiness, good) etc...We must take into consideration that when the Jews came out of Babylon and Ezra put the Bible together, they where influence from the stories from both east (India and surrounding areas) and from the west (Africa and surrounding areas). Babylon means "The Gate of the God" and was considered the gateway between both worlds (East and West). What the Jews did was take the stories of both worlds, put them together, and changed it a little to make it there own.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

In addition, science cannot determine where the moon came from or how it evolved; there are many theories, although the claim made by the OP is not in amongst them:

starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This I am sure has been discussed in the past on ATS, but interesting to note that the composition of the moon does not match that of earth; in particular it has no iron core.

Just to mix it up a bit. Any views?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Actually that was quite entertaining..

I'd love to read some more

S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Well, if you go with the theory that the Moon was created by a rock the size of Mars colliding with the Earth during its formation, then I would imagine that the composition would/could be different, a mixture of what Earth was composed of and whatever the other rock was. However it is worth noting that the materials that make up the Moon although once thought to be different, have since been found on Earth.

Also, the core does contain Iron, although believed not to be fluid like the Earths.

edit on 26/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Mockery is not the ATS way. Neither are personal attacks on the OP.

If you have nothing respectful to say on this subject, don't say it.

I wish someone would back me up when the crap starts flying at me

Seriously though...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thank you for correcting me woogleuk, didn't think this was right, should have looked into it a bit more before I posted, that'll teach me to post in a hurry.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
reply to post by blocula

We don't live in a fantasy world son, get your head out of the clouds an think straight. This sounds ridiculous.

One of the reasons why im loosing faith in ATS.. sigh, Noahs ark on the moon? really?

/quit.

Yo, dude.

If you want to diss someone, at least get the facts straight.

He said the moon is noah's ark, not the ark is on the moon.

vvv

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

That sounds even more ridiculous =/ but whatever same concept, different story.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They had to leave their planet because it was dying?..why couldnt they terraform it? Whyd they have to go to another planet, kill the beast, destroy it basically, then terraform it? Makes no sense..unless you mean the planet was dying from the core?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

blocula, 1 does not doubt the potentials for space travel to find new resources or home for a species that may have had a war on their home planet. But I think the ARK is related to an actual flood scenerio that happend in the far past. There is data from ancient Sumer/Iraq - Christianity- Islam that speaks on this flood and the ARK building. In the post I have posted some data on it. Hope it helps. In relation to Luna/moon having artificial properties 1 thinks its possible, for what reason not sure. Could be to observe the herd of EA*RTH from a all seeing type position or could just be the home of its native inhabitants if any. I dont however feel it was the ARK written within the great books, not sayng a situation like your OP states couldnt of happened. So here is the data related to the Great flood and the ARK.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Epic of Gilgamesh
Lines 1-203, Tablet XI
The god Ea leaks the secret plan
Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh a secret story that begins in the old city of Shuruppak on the banks of the Euphrates River.
The "great gods" Anu, Enlil, Ninurta, Ennugi, and Ea were sworn to secrecy about their plan to cause the flood.
But the god Ea (= Sumerian god Enki) repeated the plan to Utnapishtim through a reed wall in a reed house.
Ea commanded Utnapishtim to demolish his house and build a boat, regardless of the cost, to keep living beings alive.
The boat must have equal dimensions with corresponding width and length and be covered over like Apsu boats.
Utnapishtim promised to do what Ea commanded.
He asked Ea what he should say to the city elders and the population.
Ea tells him to say that Enlil has rejected him and he can no longer reside in the city or set foot in Enlil's territory.
He should also say that he will go down to the Apsu "to live with my lord Ea".
Note: The Apsu was a fresh water marsh near the temple of Ea/Enki at the city of Eridu.[9]
Ea will provide abundant rain, a profusion of fowl and fish, and a wealthy harvest of wheat and bread.
link
en.wikipedia.org...

Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark (Hebrew: תֵּבַת נֹחַ‎, Tebhath Noaḥ in Classical Hebrew; Tevat Noakh in Modern Hebrew) is the vessel which, according to the Book of Genesis (chapters 6-9) and the Quran (surah Hud), was built by Noah at God's command to save himself, his family, and the world's animals from a worldwide deluge.
Genesis 6-9 (New International Version, ©2011)
Genesis 6
Wickedness in the World
1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Quran Great Flood Sura 11
The Believers
[11:23] As for those who believe and lead a righteous life, and devote themselves to their Lord, they are the dwellers of Paradise; they abide therein forever.
[11:24] The example of these two groups is like the blind and deaf, compared to the seer and hearer. Are they equal? Would you not take heed?
Noah
[11:25] We sent Noah to his people, saying, "I come to you as a clear warner.
[11:26] "You shall not worship except GOD. I fear for you the retribution of a painful day."
[11:27] The leaders who disbelieved among his people said, "We see that you are no more than a human being like us, and we see that the first people to follow you are the worst among us. We see that you do not possess any advantage over us. Indeed, we think you are liars."
[11:28] He said, "O my people, what if I have a solid proof from my Lord? What if He has blessed me out of His mercy, though you cannot see it? Are we going to force you to believe therein?
[11:29] "O my people, I do not ask you for any money; my wage comes only from GOD. I am not dismissing those who believed; they will meet their Lord (and He alone will judge them). I see that you are ignorant people.
[11:30] "O my people, who can support me against GOD, if I dismiss them? Would you not take heed?
All Power Belongs to God
[11:31] "I do not claim that I possess the treasures of GOD, nor do I know the future, nor do I claim to be an angel. Nor do I say to those despised by your eyes that GOD will not bestow any blessings upon them. GOD knows best what is in their innermost thoughts. (If I did this,) I would be a transgressor."
[11:32] They said, "O Noah, you have argued with us, and kept on arguing. We challenge you to bring the doom you threaten us with, if you are truthful."
[11:33] He said, "GOD is the One who brings it to you, if He so wills, then you cannot escape.
[11:34] "Even if I advised you, my advice cannot benefit you if it is GOD's will to send you astray. He is your Lord, and to Him you will be returned."
[11:35] If they say, "He made up this story," then say, "If I made it up, then I am responsible for my crime, and I am innocent of any crime you commit."
[11:36] Noah was inspired: "No more of your people are going to believe, beyond those who already believe. Do not be saddened by their actions.
[11:37] "Build the ark under our watchful eyes, and with our inspiration, and do not implore Me on behalf of those who have transgressed; they are destined to drown."
He Who Laughs Last Laughs Best
[11:38] While he was building the ark, whenever some of his people passed by him they laughed at him. He said, "You may be laughing at us, but we are laughing at you, just as you are laughing.
[11:39] "You will surely find out who will suffer a shameful retribution, and incur an everlasting punishment."
[11:40] When our judgment came, and the atmosphere boiled over, we said, "Carry on it a pair of each kind,* together with your family, except those who are condemned. Carry with you those who have believed," and only a few have believed with him.
[11:41] He said, "Come on board. In the name of GOD shall be its sailing, and its mooring. My Lord is Forgiver, Most Merciful."
[11:42] As it sailed with them in waves like hills, Noah called his son, who was isolated: "O my son, come ride with us; do not be with the disbelievers."
[11:43] He said, "I will take refuge on top of a hill, to protect me from the water." He said, "Nothing can protect anyone today from GOD's judgment; only those worthy of His mercy (will be saved)." The waves separated them, and he was among those who drowned.
www.masjidtucson.org...

ats linked thread to combined data above.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Among all the contradictory threads you have, a recent one was about how it was impossible and a hoax that anyone went into space.

So your other threads make this one a polar opposite, again.

It really seems to me that whenever you daydream, you automatically post a thread about it.

In light of this I cannot see how anybody could take your threads seriously.

BTW: if the moon was really hollow, it wouldn't be creating the oceans tides like it does, since a hollow moon would be of a much smaller mass.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
BTW: if the moon was really hollow, it wouldn't be creating the oceans tides like it does, since a hollow moon would be of a much smaller mass.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Outta box thinking. I used to think this as well Chamberf=6 until Mass generating equipment came into mind. With that you could generate artificial mass feilds that could operate and adjust to = a celestial bodies mass feild. Way outta box this tech could/would inturn effect EA*RTH or other celestial bodies in the described ways the moon/Luna is said to with the tides. A larger feild generated could make tides out of land masses or EQs
As far as taking some members serious sometimes some want to learn so then to learn seeds can be thrown out into various feilds to test for fertilness or truth so sometimes its cool to try and provide the fertil feilds for the mind seeds..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I like the thought of our moon being a type of ark, but there are some issues with your theory.
#1 The folks who you propose built or utilized the moon as an ark, would have probably not had to search the solar system for a habital planet after building the moon. They would have found and explored earth long before deveoping the technology required to create or move a moon.
#2 In this process of discovery, they would have noted the dinosoars before even leaving the orbit of their homeword, Mars or whatever.
#3 The moon is scarred from meteor activity. Go ahead and take a look at all the bodies in our solar system that lack any kind of atmosphere and you will see similiar scaring. Your presumption would indicate that every one of the moons and dwarf planets that show scaring would have been involved in this proposed war.
#4 Well, lets just say that thast they did come from mars. how would the tail of Noah and his Ark get morphed from a guy leaving a place flooded with water, when Mars is pretty much the opposite, there is very little (maybe none) surface water. Wouldn't they have said that Noah escaped from a great drought, or something else?

I would go on, but time............

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What I find interesting, besides the OP, is that when someone does post something like this, thinking way outside the box, on a site like ATS, members who scream all the time about not conforming to the way of thinking taught by TPTB, jump on the OP for doing just that. Nice going!

Interesting read. Can't say I think that is what happened, but none of us knows anyway.
Thank you,

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Despite any immediate flak you may have received on this... I think it's a good concept. With all we know of what happened prior to even 2000 years ago, this could be a contender for "The way things really was". You should never be swayed by outright dimissal of the concept... because how else would we come up with new theories?

One thing I can see that might be an issue is that a race capable of creating (or modifying) a moon-sized ark is that they would likely have developed intermediate steps to that technology... and many of those steps would require the ability to travel between planets to begin with. The more we can prove those underlying technologies, the less far-fetched this may become.

Overall, though... the important thing is the idea. It makes no difference that this may contradict any previous posts you have made. The ideas are what keeps us moving forward. If you had only one idea in your life, I would have to argue that you are not really alive... or at least not intelligent. Kudos for having the ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join